Ruling Winning Condition question

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Umm...
Once again, I want to ask some 'basic' question...

We win the game if:
1. We've taken all of our Prizes
2. Opponent has no more basic
3. Opponent can't draw anymore because his/her deck is empty
Right???

my question is the winning condition in tournament or something like that still the same?
I mean, what a bad luck if I lose because I only have one basic at the beginning of the game and opponent knocked it out very fast in early game...
no compensation???

one more question, my friend said that if I don't get basic pokemon for a few times (when starting the game), opponent get instant win instead drawing extra card?

Thanx :)

i used to be a judge untill pop changed the age and Yea thats all right except for the last part your opponet has a choice of drawing a card or not but no instant win just like people who played fossil decks before they got baned they could redraw basicly untill they had the per fect hand since the fossil cards arent considered entirely basic pokemon it caused alot of confuseion

So, we can replay the game if I lose very fast like that in the beginning of the game?
also, we can draw our hand again and again until we got basic in our hand right? My friend lied to me then...

MysteryE said:
Umm...
Once again, I want to ask some 'basic' question...

We win the game if:
1. We've taken all of our Prizes
2. Opponent has no more basic
3. Opponent can't draw anymore because his/her deck is empty
Right???

my question is the winning condition in tournament or something like that still the same?
I mean, what a bad luck if I lose because I only have one basic at the beginning of the game and opponent knocked it out very fast in early game...
no compensation???

one more question, my friend said that if I don't get basic pokemon for a few times (when starting the game), opponent get instant win instead drawing extra card?

Thanx :)

Ok, being a Professor means I have a relatively large knowledge of the rules of the game. Your friend is lying to you so he can win.

If you dont get a basic pokemon in your starting hand at the beginning of the game you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 7 more cards. Then your opponent has the Option of drawing 1 extra card. Check your hand again to see if you have any basic pokemon. If not, repeat what I said before until you get a basic pokemon (fossil cards now Count as basic pokemon too, so you must play them). There is no 'instant win' or anything like that.

Also, if you do draw only 1 basic pokemon at the start of the game and lose, that's the end of the game. It happens quite regularly and there are cards which are printed to prevent this from happening so frequently. Some cards are, Dual ball, Great ball, Holon Mentor, Pokeball, Celio's Network and various Pokemon search for basic Pokemon too.

MysteryE said:
So, we can replay the game if I lose very fast like that in the beginning of the game?

That depends. In an official tournament, games are played by Best-of-3. So you need to win against your opponent twice to take the victory. These rules change from league to league and you can make up your own rules like that for playing against your friends outside of leagues and tournaments. In official tournaments, if you lose very fast, there is no 2nd chance. You dont get to replay a match. These rules can be bended if BOTH players agree to them and the Judge lets you.

no if you lose very quickly its either you have really bad luck or your deck needs looking at but no you cant start over just because you lost quickly it still counts as a loss and yes your friend did lie to you but there is a time limmit in offical tornaments i belive its 5 to 10 minutes but by that time if you dont have a basic you really need to look at your deck

Actually the time limit for a game is 30 minutes. I would let my friend read the posts that the Professors have posted and let him be forewarned that you know he has been scamming you. What he is doing is entirely against the sport of the game. The rule that you asked about is the first rule I learned when my daughter started teaching me to play last summer.

Hmm...
sometimes I just have one basic and no other card that can call out basic from deck... and... I lose...
maybe I just need add more basic or basic drawing card (4 Celio's Network is not enough...)
Ok, I will smack my friend then!!!

Hee?
in official tournament there is a time limit? 30 minute?
what happen if no one win by that time?

If noone wins by the 30mins then the winner is decided by whoever has drawn the most prizes in that game.That is how it played at our tournaments. If both players have won 1 game each and both have drawn the same amount of prizes then it goes into a Sudden Death match. There, each player has 1 prize each and whoever draws it 1st wins the match.

Some places do it differently but that's my knowledge of how we play it here.

30 minutes for 1 match or 3 matches?
So we must play fast right?
hmm... must think the strategy fast then... I'll practice from now on...
Yes, I know Sudden Death match, it's on the rule book and I've play it before (my friend and I took our last prize at the same time because our active knocked out at the same time)

RE:  Winning Condition question

Abhorsen said:
If noone wins by the 30mins then the winner is decided by whoever has drawn the most prizes in that game.That is how it played at our tournaments. If both players have won 1 game each and both have drawn the same amount of prizes then it goes into a Sudden Death match. There, each player has 1 prize each and whoever draws it 1st wins the match.

Some places do it differently but that's my knowledge of how we play it here.
Around here, it's whoever takes the next prize of the current game for sudden death.  If a player has no Pokemon left or other such situations, a new game (of 1 Prize each) is played instead.

And this is just my opinion, but that friend of yours sure doesn't sound friendly.  Although people have already said it, I give you my word that there has never been a rule of instant win through mulligans.  Ever.

Yeah, he claim himself that he know almost anything in Pokemon TCG but he's a bigtalk after all...
don't bother him, I rarely play with him, I just play with my little brother...

Do we have a limit time each turn?
I'm still waiting the answer for my last question about 30 minutes time :)

No, there's no time limit per turn.

Yes it is 30mins is for all 3 games, I think. I think we actually do 35mins here but that's not that different. That's the official tournament rules on time. Also, if a player is seen or claimed to be stalling to win by time, they can be given a warning or in some extreme cases, disqualification. People who win by stalling should be shamed, it just shows they dont have the skill to win a game normally.

30-35 minutes for 3 matches...
so 10-12 minutes each match...
wow, we should play quick...
I must tell this to my little brother since he play very slowly (always make me waiting... XD)

Ok, I think that's all...
the topic should be closed since the topic itself ask for winning condition :)
and that's already answered...
or, anyone else want to ask?

Your friend sounds sad. We had a kid at tournaments challenge the ref like six times in one game on basic rules listed in the rule book. People like that just take winning as having fun, if you lose learn from it so you can build a better deck and try it. As for the time limit, we played for 30 minutes.

Back