Worlds 2024 Trophy Cards Unveiled, But Auto-Invite Clause Removed

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I’m here live at Worlds! The Worlds 2024 promo cards will feature the same artwork as last year. Last year’s promos introduced new artwork for the first time in seven years.

No.-1-Trainer-Worlds-2024-Promo-147x200.jpg

No. 1 Trainer

No.-2-Trainer-Worlds-2024-Promo-145x200.jpg

No. 2 Trainer

No.-3-Trainer-Worlds-2024-Promo-150x200.jpg

No. 3 Trainer

Worlds-2024-Trophies-150x200.jpg

Worlds Trophies

Notably, the text on the cards has removed the statement, “You may return to battle the best .” This may imply the winners are not auto-invited to next year’s Worlds...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Survival of the fittest. Now every trainer has to continuously attend events to even get a spot. That's the way it should've been.
What💀. I see them saying come next year as more of a “Congratulations on how high you made it, please come next year”. It makes sense for you to get an auto invite for being in top 3

“You may return to battle the best in 2020.”

They’re probably just looking to avoid this happening again rather than scrapping the auto-invites altogether. Doesn’t make sense for them to expand auto-invites to IC semifinalists and LatAm Special Event winners, but scrap them for top finishers at Worlds.

So another TCG, Grand Archive, has the actual invite attached to ownership of the card and people can essentially sell their invite. I am guessing this was a measure to avoid confusion that the invite to worlds the next year was attached to the person, not the card.

So another TCG, Grand Archive, has the actual invite attached to ownership of the card and people can essentially sell their invite. I am guessing this was a measure to avoid confusion that the invite to worlds the next year was attached to the person, not the card.
The card text specified “If you won this card at the 20XX Pokémon World Championships”, so this wouldn’t have been the reason.

Attaching the invite to owning the card itself does seem pretty daft.

Kinda sad that they dropped the next year part of it
Survival of the fittest. Now every trainer has to continuously attend events to even get a spot. That's the way it should've been.
“You may return to battle the best in 2020.”

They’re probably just looking to avoid this happening again rather than scrapping the auto-invites altogether. Doesn’t make sense for them to expand auto-invites to IC semifinalists and LatAm Special Event winners, but scrap them for top finishers at Worlds.
The card text specified “If you won this card at the 20XX Pokémon World Championships”, so this wouldn’t have been the reason.

Attaching the invite to owning the card itself does seem pretty daft.
I get it. But I also would understand why the company would want to try and steer clear of any potential issues.
Apparently the top 4 of masters all have an invite back to worlds for next year. I suppose they just didn't want it on the card anymore.
Unite players, who also receive these cards, do not earn automatic Worlds invites. That's why they removed the text. TCG winners are still automatically invited as they have been.

skill issue

Back