Worlds Meta and Testing Results, Part 2

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello everyone! As of writing this, Worlds is next weekend, and I’m about to head out. I am very excited about this tournament, and I have practiced quite a lot. I am still unsure of what I’m going to be playing, but for this article, I’ll be continuing where I left off last time.
I will be covering the expected meta decks, as well as how the meta is evolving in the short time before Worlds. I don’t know if this article will come out before Worlds, but even if it doesn’t, it will still be relevant going forward into the Shrouded Fable format. I’ve already written dedicated articles on Charizard ex  and Dragapult ex  recently, and the last article covered Lost Box...

Continue reading...

Love how the finals match was between a deck that was barely on people’s radar as a potential winning list, and a deck that everyone forgot about after rotation in last April. That doesn’t happen often and it’s really cool that it did, even if I wish Regidrago won in its moment of glory

Bro Fernando’s aura is so insane that he lost in top 8 and still won

He’s actually the goat
Honestly the judges kinda just gifted Fernando the win. We saw Fernando lose 2-0 and Ian got a winner's interview. So turning over the results that already happened is literally altering recorded history. What should have happened is Ian got the top 8 win and then get a loss in top 4 to end his run. Also the changing of the results of the top 8 match caused Jesse Parker who was undefeated to lose and being undefeated in the finals at the world championship would have been historic. But since the judge suck at making rulings they gave an undeserving player the win when we saw Fernando lose 2-0 on stream.

Honestly the judges kinda just gifted Fernando the win. We saw Fernando lose 2-0 and Ian got a winner's interview. So turning over the results that already happened is literally altering recorded history. What should have happened is Ian got the top 8 win and then get a loss in top 4 to end his run. Also the changing of the results of the top 8 match caused Jesse Parker who was undefeated to lose and being undefeated in the finals at the world championship would have been historic. But since the judge suck at making rulings they gave an undeserving player the win when we saw Fernando lose 2-0 on stream.
I’d say that making Ian lose was fair. As he should not have been in top 4 for what he did. He did it before the match slip was signed by him, so the round was technically not over.

I’d say that making Ian lose was fair. As he should not have been in top 4 for what he did. He did it before the match slip was signed by him, so the round was technically not over.
Ian literally signed the match slip right after he did it meaning the match was final. Also he got a winner's interview meaning he was recognized as the winner. Fernando did not deserve that win. Ian should have gotten into top 4 but forced into a loss. The judges really sold with their decision.

Ian literally signed the match slip right after he did it meaning the match was final. Also he got a winner's interview meaning he was recognized as the winner. Fernando did not deserve that win. Ian should have gotten into top 4 but forced into a loss. The judges really sold with their decision.
The action would apply to the match he did it in. He got the interview before the judges made the final decision. Ian should not have made top 4, even if he lost. He is lucky he didn’t get DQd

The action would apply to the match he did it in. He got the interview before the judges made the final decision. Ian should not have made top 4, even if he lost. He is lucky he didn’t get DQd
I agree, especially after hearing it was a bm. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt at first

Thank you, how does this deck do against the popular decks rn like drago and zard. I thought klawf was off electrode now cause of its low HP
Against drago you just keep going after the big basics like drago V or ogerpon ex. Maybe the occasional fezandipiti ex. With mochi klawf reaches a new number.

Against zard, with the loss of curry you gotta combo electrode, mochi and cobalion to get a ohko on zard. I agree on electrode being a liability but it really is the only way to take zard on comfortably. You could cut one electrode for a penny if you'd like. Makes the single prize matchup more manageable. Realistically this deck only hard drops to Lugia and Gardevoir. Everything else is at the very least 50-50 if not favourable.

Against drago you just keep going after the big basics like drago V or ogerpon ex. Maybe the occasional fezandipiti ex. With mochi klawf reaches a new number.

Against zard, with the loss of curry you gotta combo electrode, mochi and cobalion to get a ohko on zard. I agree on electrode being a liability but it really is the only way to take zard on comfortably. You could cut one electrode for a penny if you'd like. Makes the single prize matchup more manageable. Realistically this deck only hard drops to Lugia and Gardevoir. Everything else is at the very least 50-50 if not favourable.
Thank u very much. Will test out on live and night play at locals. I love klawf so much, got a top 8 at a cup before rotation with it

Back