• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Wormadam + Bees

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't played Pokemon in a long time now, since the middle of Sun/Moon towards the beginning of the Tag Team era, and I am out of practice with deckbuilding. I've used the resources I've found to build a functioning Wormadam deck in Standard, and since I had the parts laying around for Vespiquen, I figured it would be easy enough to merge the two and make a hard hitting, mono prize deck for Expanded.

For the most part, it works buuuut it can brick like a madman and, being out of practice, I don't know what to change in terms of ratios.

Here's the list:

Pokémon - 33

3 Bidoof BRS 120
3 Bibarel BRS 121
3 Zorua EVS 102
1 Weavile BUS 86
3 Zoroark EVS 103
1 Appletun EVS 121
1 Flapple EVS 120
3 Wormadam BRS 77
4 Burmy BRS 9
4 Combee LOT 31
1 Golisopod DAA 18
4 Vespiquen AOR 10
1 Wormadam BRS 98
1 Drifblim DRX 51

Trainer Cards - 21

1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Acro Bike PRC 122
4 Professor's Research CEL 24
2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
2 Choice Belt BRS 135
2 Boss's Orders BRS 132
2 Marnie SSH 169
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 6

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
2 Twin Energy RCL 174

Total Cards - 60

The main goal, as is the goal of every Night March type deck, is to fill the grave with filler Pokemon as fast as possible to charge up the bigger attacks. The biggest difference between this and those sorts of decks, however, is the Zoroark line from Evolving Skies - Phantom Transformation makes the deck go from a very formulaic, flowchart deck to a surprisingly diverse toolbox with tech of Appletun, Flapple, Golisopod, etc.

My concerns are mainly in:
1. My choice of techs (Weavile and Drifblim), as they haven't felt impactful at all even though they theoretically should be somewhat sound.
2. The whole Trainer line-up feels off.
3. 6 Energy feels too slim but I don't know what I'd take out to fit the extra two Twin Energies in.

Feedback and help appreciated, thank you.

Artifactor

Poet lost in static.
instead of combee and vespiquen, why not an eevee and plasma flareon, its attack does the same thing for the same cost and it adds another typing to the deck and gives it more variety.

Mr. Melon

Faking hard or flailing all around the yard.
Having played Vespiquen at length back in Mega Rayquaza format, I feel somewhat qualified here. First: play 4 Battle Compressor. That card is frankly stupid and is a permanent +30 damage, let that sink in. I also like 4 VS Seeker along with a suite of 1-of supporters, since you play Battle Compressor and can turbo supporters to the discard pile. Energy looks good, I definitely wouldn't go higher than 6 there. I would also look at Unown from Ancient Origins as a draw engine, since it cycles your deck and gets you mons in the discard. I would also tend to agree with Artifactor about the Flareon play, although Vespiquen does have a free retreat. Overall there's a lot that could be done here, more than I can really say in a short post. However, you have inspired me to make my own version of this.