Would the Anime Survive Without Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Face it, we grew up watching Ash Ketchum develop into being a pretty good Pokemon Trainer for 13 Seasons in a row and Pikachu is pretty much the mascot of the Pokemon franchise as much as Mario is the mascot of Nintendo itself overall.

With rumors going around that Ash might be leaving the show after Diamond & Pearl, do you guys think that the Anime will survive without Ash? If they did they'd most likely have the new main character have a Pikachu since it's symbolic of the franchise itself.

Discuss.

If Ash goes i will never ever watch Pokemon again .I know Ash is a way kindish but hey were grown up with him.But thats my opinion anyways i hope thats Ash never goes

I don't see how bad it would be, Digimon changes their main cast throughout each season and so does
Power Rangers and Yu-Gi-Oh! though I was really disappointed when they ditched Yugi Moto for Jaden Yuki in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Ugh!

Card Slinger J said:
I don't see how bad it would be, Digimon changes their main cast throughout each season and so does
Power Rangers and Yu-Gi-Oh! though I was really disappointed when they ditched Yugi Moto for Jaden Yuki in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Ugh!
I think u didnt understand what i mean .If that was real about Pokemon what you said about Pokemon then yeah Pokemon change too but and for the other ones (Anime) we know that they switch them for that were learned in that way but in Pokemon from the Begining to noow Ash was the main Character

You know that Ash is actually 23 years old? (He was ten in 1997) I'm getting tired of the entire Pikachu thing. Maybe series without Ash wouldn't be so bad.

But I thought the Pokemon Anime debuted in Japan in 1995 unless If that was just the video games first and the Anime itself came out 2 years later in Japan.

Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise and you can't have Pokemon without Pikachu right?

Honestly Ash needs to quick pokes for awhile and go to college and then get married. then i could see him becoming a gym leader.

JC3 said:
Honestly Ash needs to quick pokes for awhile and go to college and then get married. then i could see him becoming a gym leader.
Thats something but i think the only way how they make Ash out is to make it in future where Ash becomes how u said a Gym Leader or something others and then the main character meets him .That would be what

I'm not sure if it would survive on its own without Ash, but it certainly could become much better if they replaced him with a character that isn't completely flat.

Ash jumped in the fountain of youth so he could hang with a new girl every season ^^

PokabuLugia said:
You know that Ash is actually 23 years old? (He was ten in 1997) I'm getting tired of the entire Pikachu thing. Maybe series without Ash wouldn't be so bad.

You are right. The manga is much better.

The anime is on shaky ground. Dumping Ash can give the anime new life and maybe a better foundation. I watched the show growing up and I hate Ash's stupidity with a passion. I could make better decisions in my sleep.

What do little kids get by watching Ash make stupid, brainless decisions? They get nothing, that's what.

It can totally survive without Ash.

I haven't heard that they're ditching Ash. They are ditching Brock and Dawn though. (I'd source that with a Bulbapedia link, but it's down right now.) It depends on how much they want generation 5 to redefine the Pokemon universe, I guess. I can't see it happening though, Ash and Pikachu are, as has already been stated, Pokemon mascots.

As for the anime itself, I guess it could easily find a new young hero and follow them around Isshu and beyond, introduce a new Villanious team (it's Plasma, IIRC) and so on. Given that it's all very formulaeic at the beginning of a new story (recieve/capture starters, catch bird, meet friends, destroy their bike evolve someone, catch em all, etc)

Personally, I'd prefer it if Ash stayed, (but then again I stopped watching Digimon after series 2 because they introduced new characters and a new universe. In fact, I refuse to acknowledge any Digimon other than those of the Adventure/02 saga, but that's just 'cos I'm weird and fear change, I guess.) just because he's always been there. Give him a new set of clothes and carry on, I don't mind.

What there geting rid of dawn and brock????
Me mad. If ash goes i ditch pokemon shows FOREVER!!!!!!!
Sirously no ash no 17171717Wolf.
Peace

My source, from bulba... http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Blog_comment_releases_information_on_Black_and_White_anime

I like Dawn. Kinda sucks, but maybe the new girl will have funky hair like the female B/W character, ahaha

As long as the show isn't corny and childish like the recent anime, It'll be good.
I loved the adult humor that was used in the older anime. James with boobs? I lol'd. xD

ManhattanTheStarr said:
As long as the show isn't corny and childish like the recent anime, It'll be good.
I loved the adult humor that was used in the older anime. James with boobs? I lol'd. xD
Eh, it hasn't really become any more childish than it was before. The dubs just don't allow most stuff to go through, making the series seem corny and childish.
It's not like they did back in James-with-boobs-days, either. It was equally corny then.
(Also, adult humour does NOT belong anywhere near Pokémon.)

...As for Ash, I think he's needed for the Pokémon anime. It would have a hard time surviving without him...

Brock was dumped at one point, but then brought back at the first opportunity because of the fan outcry.

Yu-gi-oh was a very respectible anime series. Yugioh GX was a non-respectable ripoff of Yugioh. Yugioh 5D... its a slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back