• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom "Donk" W/ Lanturn Prime

Volkner218

Aspiring Trainer
So this is just a little back-round story about myself and why I chose to play this deck. Well for starters I started playing this game during the EX Series and quit shortly after its rotation. I just got back into the game several weeks ago and wanted to play a deck that Involved Lightning type Pokemon. So here I am playing Zekrom "Donk" (emphasis on the "Donk" because I get the donk about 33% of the time and more or less win Mid-Game). Another thing to note is the reason I play Lanturn Prime is strictly player preference and I just enjoy adding a little rogue to the deck.

Note: This deck list may not be very ideal or even good for that matter. Help me out with advice I always try new things.

Pokemon: 14
4 Zekrom (FA-BW)
2 Tornadus (FA-EP)
2 Pachirisu (COL)
2 Shaymin (UL)
2-2 Lanturn Prime (48/95 UL- 86/95 UL)

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: 32
3 Professor Juniper (BW)
3 Professor Oak's New Theory (HGSS)
2 Pokemon Collector (HGSS)
--
4 Junk Arm (TM)
4 Dual Ball (COL)
4 Plus Power (BW)
3 Super Scoop Up (BW)
2 Defender (UD)
2 Energy Retrieval (BW)
2 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
1 Switch (BW)
1 Revive (BW)
1 Pokegear 3.0 (HGSS)

Energy: 14
4 DCE (League Promo)
10 Lightning Energy (Emerald)

Basic Strategy: Very Similar to "ZPS", but with better mid/late-game playability in my opinion. Start with Zekrom or Tornadus, use the Pachirisu and Shaymin combo to get donks or just early prize advantage. Lanturn Prime is used as an extra out to Yanmega, Reshiram, Kingdra, and Donphan especially. Lanturn also has pretty good Synergy with Pachirisu seeing as you don't need to always move the energy over to other pokemon with Shaymin ASAP if you already have a DCE and Lightning on Lanturn.
* Advice and Suggestions are always appreciated and will be taken into consideration and tested! Thanks for reading!

Back