“Shrouded Fable” Special Pokemon TCG Set Revealed for August!

I think Pokémon just screwed over SV7 with Shrouded Fable. Because unless SV7 has cards from Stellar Miracle AND Paradise Dragona, SV7 might be pretty shrimpy.

I’m really confused on what the SAR’s will be for this set. Kingdra is a promo. Greninja is a promo. Runt, dogi, dori, dipiti…..there’s 4 of them but most likely only 3 spaces for “Pokémon” SAR, because we usually get 2 trainer SAR. Revavroom is the only one that makes some kinda sense so far. Or I’m just really stupid😂

I’m really confused on what the SAR’s will be for this set. Kingdra is a promo. Greninja is a promo. Runt, dogi, dori, dipiti…..there’s 4 of them but most likely only 3 spaces for “Pokémon” SAR, because we usually get 2 trainer SAR. Revavroom is the only one that makes some kinda sense so far. Or I’m just really stupid😂
I think there are two options: Pecharunt, Kingdra, Revavroom + 2 trainers, or Pecharunt and the three goons with just 1 trainer.

I'm very excited for the new packs... but my one turn off is the artwork for the packs. An overly simplistic puke green background is not what the loyal three deserve

“Illustration Rares of the Loyal Three were also cut from our Twilight Masquerade set. They will undoubtedly be included in Shrouded Fable‘s set list”

Here I thought they would instead end up on the “illustration collection” that was slated to have 3 promos and I thought 3 illustration promos because it is called “illustration collection” but again I was fooled by their insistence on calling normal set cards with special holo “promo cards” but that’s just semantics *le sigh*

Overall happy with this baby set being a tiny version not bloated with half a dozen trash EXs - will be most happy if it all fits in a 2x2 4 pocket binder but I haven’t done the math on that yet without actual card numbers -

edit: okay looking fully unlikely that it can fit in a small binder like PokekonGo set and Celebrations did *double le sigh*

Last edited:
This is an interesting set. First, I like the wood block artwork idea ("Why does a Pokémon card... burn!" *Shuffles, thinking.* "Because it's made of wood?"). Second, I remember seeing a Japanese deck list for that Kingambit and thinking it looked like a fun meme deck. Not sure if I will ever build it now that I've fallen in love with Festival Dipplin, but it's nice to know I can add that Kingambit to my collection or possibly bling out a meme deck if I decided it was worth more than $10 plus sleeves to me. Third, the Elite Trainer Box artwork is very impressive with all the Pokémon layered on top of each other shoulder-to-shoulder, the coin flip die reminds me of the Aurora Borealis effect from VMAX's, the dice remind me of Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank City Gym decks, and the sleeves are pretty cool, too. Fourth, nice Pecharunt illustration rare, I will probably be getting it when I start collecting Illustration Rares (Right now it's not one of my collecting priorities). Fifth, THERE'S A DIPPLIN ON THE TIN!
Also, I already liked the ex's for this set. The one thing I don't like is the pack artwork. The backdrop feels too plain.

Well it has to be the second option because Kingdra is a promo
That seems even more unlikely. Japan most likely will only have 3 SARs it wouldn’t make sense to cut a legendary out of the trio. In favor of the Kingdra theory is that its Japanese style art rare comes from the high end set at the end of the year, so like a second alt art. While the first one being the one in Night Wanderer and the one in our set that we have to pull. Revavroom possibly getting an other SAR is what makes me doubt everything tho

That seems even more unlikely. Japan most likely will only have 3 SARs it wouldn’t make sense to cut a legendary out of the trio. In favor of the Kingdra theory is that its Japanese style art rare comes from the high end set at the end of the year, so like a second alt art. While the first one being the one in Night Wanderer and the one in our set that we have to pull. Revavroom possibly getting an other SAR is what makes me doubt everything tho
it could just be the three goons and no pecharunt

It’s most likely the loyal three and 2 supporter
Peacharunt is already out ETB promo

Well it has to be the second option because Kingdra is a promo
It might just get two special illustrations, a promo one and a normal one. Makes a bit more sense imo, but the selection is a bit strange no matter what they go with.

This is not a special set. Just a normal set in every regard with a bit fewer cards. No different pack size, no different rarity, no subset...
No booster boxes or individual packs. That's what mades it a special/side set.

Bleh. This screams being a special set for the sake of being a special set. I'm interested to see how it does since it's not relying on shinies, or Dragons, or Charizard, so I don't know what they think the actual draw is supposed to be here.

It’s most likely the loyal three and 2 supporter
Peacharunt is already out ETB promo
The Pecharunt in the ETB is not an EX which Pokémon SAR/SIR have exclusively been so there is very much still a chance for a EX SAR/SIR but the Loyal three make a lot of sense based on the ETB and pack art

Revavroom having a SAR/SIR previously (although not a Tera) probably makes it much less likely than the “new and debuting” Kingdra in the set but isn’t the Gold card often one of the SAR/SIR as well? I can’t really see Pecharunt being the “star” of the set and not getting SAR/SIR or a Gold so that one seems likely the most “locked in” IMO

Back