(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Cover Reveals Silhouetted Pokemon, More Leaks Soon [2/11]

Phoenix EX said:
I say it's a new type, it def doesn't look like a dragon, flying, or fighting type. The only one that it does look like is normal. But eevee is normal and even if there was to be a normal eeveelution i'd bet it'd be brown too. I'm saying it's light type.
Sadly, there's almost no chance they're going to introduce a new type for an Eeveelution. There's no reason for a differently colored Normal type. It even looks great that way, hehe~

Bolt the Cat said:
Shining Raikou said:
So if it is a new type. Light-type?

What makes you think it's a new type? They could just be holding out on us to build hype.
Imo, it just doesn't look like any type we have now, closest being fighting or normal. Also, every other eeveelution looks like what type it is, while this one is just so disambiguate. Add the fact they are keeping it's type hidden along with how you evolve it, there's a great possibility that it could be a new type.

Edit: At above: I actually think introducing a new eeveelution along with a new type is a very smart ideal since Eevee is already associated with some many different types.

Good, more Eeveelutions. :)
This one strikes me as Flying type, but I wouldn't be so sure.
It could be a new type, Umbreon was introduced as one of the first Dark types after all.
Introducing new Ribbon type!

scuba steveE said:
Imo, it just doesn't look like any type we have now, closest being fighting or normal. Also, every other eeveelution looks like what type it is, while this one is just so disambiguate. Add the fact they are keeping it's type hidden along with how you evolve it, there's a great possibility that it could be a new type.

There's several types it could be. Normal type can be just about anything, so you could say it's Normal. The ribbons make it look aerodynamic, so it could be Flying. Its regal appearance and vivid colors imply Dragon (unlikely, but still possible). Several people have suggested that the ribbons be used for a Fighting style (I kind of doubt that).

Personally, I think Flying is most likely since it fits the theme of Eeveelutions (they tend to be based on different elements, Flying could represent wind).

So pumped for that movie. Usually I skip out on movies because I think they are lame, but Mewtwo sold me.

My guess is either Normal, Fighting, or a new type. I greatly doubt a new type, but that would be amazing. It unfortunatly doesn't look as kick-butt as the other Eeveelutions, but whatevs.

EDIT: Dang Zy, you move quick.

I'm still going with dragon type... Not every Pokemon looks like their typing. Sneasel certainly doesn't look like an ice-type. Dragon is often considered to be a significantly important/different type so I would not be surprised if this is a dragon type... Because it's different, the Eevee looks different.

MewtwoStruckBack said:
...I'm literally trembling right now. This could very well be one of the single greatest things to happen to the Mewtwo fandom in years.
You mean the only thing to happen to the Mewtwo fandom in years.

Water Pokémon Master said:
MewtwoStruckBack said:
...I'm literally trembling right now. This could very well be one of the single greatest things to happen to the Mewtwo fandom in years.

Exactly. In terms of the anime, 2006's Mirage Mewtwo doesn't count... I am so excited for this movie and Gen VI :D

MewtwoStruckBack said:

Hmm well there was that Mewtwo EX card and promotional poster, but I suppose it probably wasn't much to tremble about.

Bolt the Cat said:
scuba steveE said:

There's several types it could be. Normal type can be just about anything, so you could say it's Normal. The ribbons make it look aerodynamic, so it could be Flying. Its regal appearance and vivid colors imply Dragon (unlikely, but still possible). Several people have suggested that the ribbons be used for a Fighting style (I kind of doubt that).

Personally, I think Flying is most likely since it fits the theme of Eeveelutions (they tend to be based on different elements, Flying could represent wind).
I've never liked the ideal of a Normal Eeveelution since Eevee's gimmick is that it can evolve into many different types, so I just think it doesn't make sense. Every time I look at it, it looks less like a Flying type.(I don't get how the ribbons make it look aerodynamic, but whatever) If this thing is a Dragon type, than I just give up on guessing stuff.

I think Fighting only because it's the only other type that it could be. I mean it could be any of those types, we'll just have to wait and see.

Phoenix EX said:

Hmm well there was that Mewtwo EX card and promotional poster, but I suppose it probably wasn't much to tremble about.

Mewtwo EX DID kinda rule the TCG for the better part of a year, didn't he?

Phoenix EX said:

What about that sweet Mewtwo D-arts figure comin' up? As a mewtwo fan that was an awesome thing to see happen.

Anyways...I gotta say. I'm liking this new eeveelution so far. It's not exactly what I hoped for but it's certainly still likeable. I kind of hope it turns out to be a dragon type.

I believe ninfia is based on a Nymph. The spanish word for nymph is ninfa, which sounds very similar to ninfia, and nymphs are always female (which would explain the girly look). Also nymphs are usually asociated with nature and the ribbons kinda look like if butterflies were standing on the pokemon.
If it truly is based on a nymph I can't think of a type that would fit it though.

scuba steveE said:
If this thing is a Dragon type, than I just give up on guessing stuff.

Well Altaria is a Dragon type and that thing doesn't look the least bit draconic at all.

scuba steveE said:
I think Fighting only because it's the only other type that it could be. I mean it could be any of those types, we'll just have to wait and see.

I doubt it. The ribbons don't look like they're used for any sort of fighting style.

Personally, I think it's ghost type. This might just be me grasping at straws, but like, the muted colors and lifeless eyes just scream ghost.

I'm secretly hoping for a new type...I mean, if they were to introduce one, what better a way than through an Eeveelution?

Zweistar said:
Personally, I think it's ghost type. This might just be me grasping at straws, but like, the muted colors and lifeless eyes just scream ghost.

This actually made me laugh.

Xerneas & Yvelta Red and Blue in their respective colors. May represent chromosome which is DNA. This eeveelution has red blue and what looks like purple. I don't know maybe I'm just crazy.

Back