(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Cover Reveals Silhouetted Pokemon, More Leaks Soon [2/11]

PellOfTheTundra said:
It is not THAT funny... It's WAY funnier.

No but seriously, if this thing is either Flying or Normal-type, I'm going to seppuku. We do not need either of those types for Eevee.

Believing it is Flying is ridiculous compared to guessing whether it could turn out as Fighting (although that is also a wtf).

@don()shinobi
its not cool to use quotes out of context in general...but you probably didn't even understand my point back when I actually posted that.

Mitja said:
Believing it is Flying is ridiculous compared to guessing whether it could turn out as Fighting (although that is also a wtf).

Flying at least as some basis, the ribbons do give it an aerodynamic look, and could probably be used to allow it to at least glide.

Fighting, not so much, because the ribbons aren't really useful as weapons (they'd be more useful in that context if they were attached to its legs).

Mitja said:
@don()shinobi
its not cool to use quotes out of context in general...but you probably didn't even understand my point back when I actually posted that.
...I'm sorry, exactly what are you saying here? All I did was point out that Ninfia looked absolutely nothing like Skyla, and that I'm confused as to why people find this connection.

This might sound a bit far out, but it could be an interesting concept:
You could choose to evolve Eevee the conventional way if you're impatient, or you could wait until it reaches a fairly high level, such as 40, when it would evolve into Ninfia, which is also Normal Type. With Ninfia, you could evolve it like you would with a normal Eevee, but you would get "evolved" forms of the other eeveelutions. These "evolved" eeveelutions could only be obtained this way, so you couldn't level up a Flareon, for example, to evolve it.
The Japanese text, which says something along the lines of "Why does this Pokemon seem so much like Eevee?" gave me this idea. What do you think?

CyberCat5555 said:
The eeveeloution looks like someone put a Skitty and a Victini in a blender and this was the result:p I think it may be a dragon type, as the ribbons resemble the whiskers that eastern dragons commonly have, but the bows throw it off. Could it possible be an alternative Pokemon like the spiky-eared Pichu of HGSS. If there is even a new Light or Sound type, I don't see how Ninfia could be either.
New ribbon type exclu

Also, the new movie will feature both legendary artificial Pokemon that involve DNA (not counting Deoxys), possible a hint that the Gen6 mascots will also be artificial? I really hope so because no other version mascot has been artificial before.

That's what I was saying on Pokegym. I at first though, 'oh... Cool! New Victini form.'

I think Eevee will have to eat Victini to evolve :3
I also think Mewtwo will battle with Mewthree, (Created by Team Rocket)

Mitja said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
It is not THAT funny... It's WAY funnier.

No but seriously, if this thing is either Flying or Normal-type, I'm going to seppuku. We do not need either of those types for Eevee.

I can't stress this enough... More WTF than Flying or Fighting is people who are even considering the possibility of it being Dragon-type!!!
Like, seriously? This thing is clearly not Dragon-type. Ribbons resembling whiskers of oriental dragons??? facepalm! You guys are seeing things that are not there...

PS: Don't do drugs.

btw,
@don()shinobi: I'm pretty sure he's talking about your signature...

Pretty interesting news. I'm not a huge fan of Eevee and its evolutions, but this one is a nice addition to the family.

Sesquipedalian said:
The Japanese text, which says something along the lines of "Why does this Pokemon seem so much like Eevee?" gave me this idea. What do you think?

Obviously the Japanese are seeing things that aren't there, because this thing looks no more like Eevee than every other Eeveelution in existence.

... Sorry, but relating it to Dragon due to color is not crazy. As I've said before, not all dragons have to be fearsome. I'd be quicker to pee myself over a Metapod than Altaria.

Ninfia Type Possibilities

Normal - Not likely. Eevee's special characteristic is evolving into different types. Even though Ninfia looks like many other normal types, a normal evolution would not add to the Eevee evolution collection.

Flying - Possible. The butterfly-looking bows and long flowing ribbons show that flying has potential. Not all flying types have wings.

Fighting - Not likely. Nothing really says fighting about the design other than the fact that it doesn't scream any other types.

Dragon - Not likely. Even though this is the last of the "special types" that hasn't received an Eevee evolution, Ninfia doesn't really display any "dragon-like" traits. Although Altaria doesn't either, it's still much more dragon-like than Ninfia.

NEW "Light" Type - Not likely.
As much as I'd like to see a new light type, there are many reasons why this type will probably not be introduced.
- A light type is not there to balance the dark type because the dark type is "evil" type in Japanese (in reference to the sneaky moves they use). Currently the psychic type is the closest conceptual counterpart to the dark type (espeon/sun and umbreon/moon).
- Most Pokemon that would be retroactively made into a light type (i.e. Sunflora, Ampharos, Lanturn, etc.) or moves that would be made light moves (solar beam, flash, light screen, etc.) are already either Electric, Psychic, Grass, Normal, etc. and the switch could prove difficult for game mechanics.

NEW "Fairy" Type - Possibility?
If there were to be a new type introduced this generation, a "fairy" type could be a possibility. The evidence in favor of this theory includes Ninfia's name (being potentially based on nymphs), the cute and whimsical appearance that fits in with fairies, the fact that "fairy" is already an egg group in the game (so if a new type was made, some old Pokemon could become reclassified as "fairy" type such as the evolution lines of Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Audino, Togepi, Snubble, Skitty, etc. which are currently just all lumped under "normal"), the fact that Umbreon was introduced the same generation the new dark type was introduced, etc. Could a potential "fairy" type that is based on cuteness/goodness/light also then serve as a counterpart to the actual "dark/evil" type?

plutoplanetpower said:
If there were to be a new type introduced this generation, a "fairy" type could be a possibility. The evidence in favor of this theory includes Ninfia's name (being potentially based on nymphs), the cute and whimsical appearance that fits in with fairies, the fact that "fairy" is already an egg group in the game (so if a new type was made, some old Pokemon could become reclassified as "fairy" type such as the evolution lines of Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Audino, Togepi, Snubble, Skitty, etc. which are currently just all lumped under "normal"), the fact that Umbreon was introduced the same generation the new dark type was introduced, etc. Could a potential "fairy" type that is based on cuteness/goodness/light also then serve as a counterpart to the actual "dark/evil" type?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but were there Pokemon from Generation I that were reclassified when Dark/Steel were introduced in G/S? I seem to remember something about that, but I want to make sure; I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of typing of Pokémon in the video games.

Also, I agree the Ninfia's being a Light type seems very implausible...Espeon and Umbreon are a pair. It would seem weird, after all these years, to repair Umbreon with Ninfia, especially considering that Umbreon/Espeon look a lot more like opposites than Ninfia/Umbreon do (at least to me). I'd say flying or new type are the most plausible options at this point. I have a feeling that when we see its body animations/motions in the inevitable trailer coming soon, we will see if it looks like the ribbons are moving in the wind. If so, we'll have strong evidence for flying.

PellOfTheTundra said:
... Sorry, but relating it to Dragon due to color is not crazy. As I've said before, not all dragons have to be fearsome. I'd be quicker to pee myself over a Metapod than Altaria.

There's nothing else that remotely hints toward it being Dragon, though. It's possible, but unlikely.

HeatRotomFTW97 said:
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but were there Pokemon from Generation I that were reclassified when Dark/Steel were introduced in G/S? I seem to remember something about that, but I want to make sure; I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of typing of Pokémon in the video games.

Yes, Magnemite and Magneton went from being pure Electric to Electric/Steel. That was the only example from 1st gen, though, all of the others merely got evolutions that were Dark or Steel (Eevee->Umbreon, Scyther->Scizor, Onix->Steelix) or nothing at all.

ewwwwwww
Ninfia looks like a cross between Victini and Milltic in fox/cat/rabbit form. It doesn't really even look like an Eeveelution that much. :/

I really hope this thing isn't a new type. There are plenty of types already, and most ideas that could possibly be used for something are too similar to a type that's already out there. I don't know why, but it strikes me as a a Ghost type. It could surprise people as far as its type goes. I mean, not all Pokemon of one type are the same color. Look at Genesect, a purple Steel type.

Pokeplayer44 said:
I don't know why, but it strikes me as a a Ghost type.

I'm not seeing Ghost type at all. It doesn't look remotely supernatural, in fact it looks quite the opposite.

I could see it being a Normal-type, but that's mostly because I see it evolving by absorbing a Skitty. It looks like an Eeveelution Skitty to me.

Well it visible fangs, which could possibly lead to it being a dragon type, along with the odd color scheme. It seems that it might be based off one of those kawaii anime vampires, with its fangs, blue eyes, white fur, and disguised in pink.

Okay, so CoroCoro is still leaking... right? Because for all I know, the new Pokemon was on the front page only. So, is there more, or was that it?

Back