(1) Advent of Arceus Scans / Translations [7/6]

This is epic. Gengar should be a very powerful deck now, or at least once it comes out. Already, being able to de-level a Pokemon Lv.X is nasty. This just scares away Arseus, if there is a fast Gengar Lv.X. Maybe not scare it away, but an improved matchup. Other matchups like Blaziken or something should be tons easier. With the extreme spread, and the AA (good) Gengar, this deck may be a BDIF. Luxray+Porygon-Z G is also a devastating combo. Combined with Poke Turn and maybe some SP techs, you've got yourself a decent deck.

Omastar+Kabutops+Aerodactyl AA is extremely intersting. By discarding a whole bunch of fossils with Kabutops, doing extra damage while powering up Omastar. Aerodactly can fish out those cards. With Marley's, you can pull out some Fossil's easily. I'me impressed with this set.

Gengar can be power locked, which I like.

I like Salamence Lv.X very much. Expert Belt makes many decks very nasty now.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE expert belt. It makes so many awesome cards viable, thrives with Upper, among other things. First time in a long while that my favorite card in a set has been a trainer.

The card looks pretty cool. The reason why Gulphin would look shiny but is not is they were probably thinking of doing that but changed their minds instead. That is my therory on that anyway.:)

Salamence loves Expert Belt. That is, killing pokes with Expert Belt. With its power, it takes 3 prizes instead of just 1. Same with Cressy X and Moon Skip. Win.

I like Expert Belt a lot too. I might run 1 or 2 in my deck.

And also combining Tangrowth X, shaymin land form X, Expert belt, and possibly nidoqueen RR, Blissey Pt, or leafeon, You can do 140 each turn and keep healing yourself.

The Fallen One said:
Salamence loves Expert Belt. That is, killing pokes with Expert Belt. With its power, it takes 3 prizes instead of just 1. Same with Cressy X and Moon Skip. Win.

I like Expert Belt a lot too. I might run 1 or 2 in my deck.

Cresselia Lv.X is a terrible attacker, and if you're stupid enough to put yourself into a position with Expert Belt that a Salamence could level up and kill the Pokemon without serious repercussions, you deserve to lose 3 prizes. It isn't that hard to avoid, especially if you're using it on something like, say, a 180/220 HP Torterra Lv.X.

Dude. Chill. I was only making a comment about how that would be fun to do. I didn't say that it would happen. You don't have to poke holes in everything y'know.

The Fallen One said:
Dude. Chill. I was only making a comment about how that would be fun to do. I didn't say that it would happen. You don't have to poke holes in everything y'know.

I wasn't referring to you personally with the stupidity comment or anything, sorry if that's what you thought.

And I love poking holes in everything it's what I do. =D

Expert Belt makes Pokemon like Pokemon EX now. lol

Gengar Lv.X is a very fun deck to use with spread and everything.

esperante said:
I wasn't referring to you personally with the stupidity comment or anything, sorry if that's what you thought.

And I love poking holes in everything it's what I do. =D

Well, since you weren't poking holes in me, it's okay. :p

Gliscor said:
This is epic. Gengar should be a very powerful deck now, or at least once it comes out. Already, being able to de-level a Pokemon Lv.X is nasty. This just scares away Arseus, if there is a fast Gengar Lv.X. Maybe not scare it away, but an improved matchup. Other matchups like Blaziken or something should be tons easier. With the extreme spread, and the AA (good) Gengar, this deck may be a BDIF. Luxray+Porygon-Z G is also a devastating combo. Combined with Poke Turn and maybe some SP techs, you've got yourself a decent deck.

Omastar+Kabutops+Aerodactyl AA is extremely intersting. By discarding a whole bunch of fossils with Kabutops, doing extra damage while powering up Omastar. Aerodactly can fish out those cards. With Marley's, you can pull out some Fossil's easily. I'me impressed with this set.
I preffer Kabutops and Aerodactyl for a donk deck. But it kinda fails, remember their basics?

Muddy68 said:
Why is there no Pokemon 1/90?
It just goes to 2/90.

It's this card
beedrill-g.jpg
(fixed image)

I think Arceus is now a pretty valid looking deck with the Ultimate Zone stadium, and the power of the one in the psychic/electric deck is pretty interesting. owo Constant energy moving?

I am really knocking my brain with this set, and I think I'm most excited for Tangrowth Lv. X and the Luxray line. They both have interesting potential, especially since Tangrowth is totally awesome even without the Lv. X.

I'm trying to hide my eyes from Gengar... >w> But I think it's now going to be almost a given that lots of decks will need Relicanth, with so many tools coming up.

I am freaking out because of that Gengar. I think that it could be G&G all over again, but instead Gengar.
Be afraid.
Also, that Tangela is in the theme deck and the pack?

Muddy68 said:
I am freaking out because of that Gengar. I think that it could be G&G all over again, but instead Gengar.
Be afraid.
Also, that Tangela is in the theme deck and the pack?

ah, I didn't realize that :/ I'll have to keep looking, I think I was wrong :p

EDIT: It looks like the missing one is a Beedrill

beedrill-g.jpg

It was stuck between 4 and 5

It seems that some people are posting with their brains shut-downed. First, in the translations, WPM putted Beedrill G after the Tangrowth line when it should be first because it is the card 1/90.
There are no classic reprints in this set because the Arceus cards are replacing them. And if anybody didn't know that old cards are being reprinted since SF, then its brain isn't shut-down, its frozen inside a Frost Rotom. And finally, this set is a Platinum set (DPt4). And Stormfront wan't.

Misunderstandings aside, I really like this set artistically speaking. The cards' artwork are really awesome, even those of Tomokazu Komya. I see there are some new artist drawing the cards. On the Playable side, most of the cards aren't that great but I don't play either, so I don't care about that. Gengar Lv. X seems to more of a Psychological threat since players will be thinking if its safe to play Lv.X's IMO. But it is probably a little overhyped. And some cards even like to be level down like the example of Absol G, Luxray GL, etc that someone mentioned.
The Fossil Pokémon combine very well together, as well as the Burmy's, Wormadam's, Mothim and Snorunt line. They were made for each others, respectivaly.
Some of the Epic fails I saw were Zapdos G and Heatran. On the other side, I liked the Charizard.
The Arceus cards, well, I still think they may have a chance although they are not very good. But, talking about Level down again, I tought about this as an example. Gengar levels down 1 Arceus lv.x (Pantheon Body). Then, you switch/warp point/retreat your active arceus for 1 darkness arceus. Use First Door to search for Arceus Lv. X, level up, and if you're losing and have the necessary energy, you OHKO Gengar Lv. X because of its weakness. Of course, If they're are playing Gengar SF, you run the risk of being Knocked Out by Fainting Spell, but that's another story. And this situation might be an utopy.

As a last comment, what this set has to do with the 12th movie, besides having cards of arceus? I liked the inclusion of some SP's but this set seems like a worst copy of Stormfront (it has many family lines that were in SF too but). But I must say again that I really liked the artwork.

Back