(1) All BW9 ‘Megalo-Cannon’ + ‘Blastoise + Kyurem-EX Combo Deck’ Scans and Translations! [3/13]

Sigilyph: 4 Pokemon Tools? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL /shred

That's where giant cape comes in handy. It would be fun to play this with the tool drop Trubbish. Drop all your tools on a sigylph and go to town.

I wonder if Aerodactly from Dragons Exalted could see a rise in play with the new fossil support.

Well now I feel confused, 3 months ago when I got back into the game you just had to have enough money to buy a good EX deck and hope you didn't go against your type weakness, now there's all these possibilities of decks with the type resistance and the plasmas and the trainers and all those goodies, I want all the possible fun decks ever but I know I can't have them, so I'm both excited and scared of the future. HOWEVER, do I see a god damn catcher in that side set?! NOOOOOOOOOO! NO just NO, back in my day when Crystal Guardians was the thing you placed that sucker on a bench and it dang well stayed there gosh darnit! I mean IF we get such a set, its good for noobs like I was because it gives you an actually good skeleton deck, but dat catcher....

We might be losing Pokemon Catcher this rotation, so sit tight.

I laughed so hard when I saw the SR Exeggcute. And so did my friend, Ethan.

Imagine the happiness that comes to the faces of little kids when they see the golden Exeggcute :O

But in all seriousness, Exeggcute/Weavile is Tier 1 in Japan.

Exeggcute shiny ... there goes my fundeck :/
love the fact that genesect ex is a plasma card, super searchable and recycleble

RogueChomp said:
YOLO Masquerain/Sigilyph. Gotta counter dem Plasmas with an overdose of tools. Right? 4 Rocky Helmet? Riiiiight.

An interesting set to say the least. Finally some unique attacks and abilities (namely Cradily, Sigilyph, call of ancients, Jirachi EX, HAXORUS IS HAX OMG READ IT WTF GO MACHAMP SF, and all the tools). Shiny Exeggcute is looool and the supporters aren't that bad. IMO, Cheren is horrible now and iris and caitlin are only ok tbh. Scoop Up returns (not a surprise considering Computer Search) but it isn't that great, seeing how Blastoise Keldeo won't be that great. Emboar could come back lool. Porygon Z + dialga EX or Palkia Ex could be an archetype, because it has acceleration denial discard and damage. This is going to be a great format hopefully, it seems that way for now. If only they had a tool that was like flash bite (jk, format would die)...

No, not 4 Rocky Helmet. 3 Rocky Helmet and a Rock Guard Ace Spec. Go ahead. Attack it. I dare you.

DNA said:
Something tells me there is no way we would rotate Catcher and Japan would keep it.

I mean, we may be behind by a few sets but allowing one area to use a universal deck staple and not the other? Seems just too ridiculous to me.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
DNA said:
Something tells me there is no way we would rotate Catcher and Japan would keep it.

I mean, we may be behind by a few sets but allowing one area to use a universal deck staple and not the other? Seems just too ridiculous to me.

Not to mention that would involve rotating up to Dark Explorers... Which would leave us 4 sets counting Plasma Freeze.

EDIT: Not that I wouldn't love to see Catcher go, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to lose Dark Explorers.

Oh... my... god... MACHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP! It's so bad, but I'm totally making a Machamp deck when it is released.
Cradily seems like one of the most fun Pokemon in a long time.
Tropius seems pretty good. Bianca in a attack seems great in Grass decks, which might be rising in popularity with Genecect EX and Virizion EX. It also one shots Keldeo's with 4 or more energy on them.
Sigilyph with 4 Eviolites, or 3 Rocky Helmets and a Rock Guard, or 4 Silver Bangle's, lololololol
Haxorus isn't actually that bad. OHKO's Plasma Pokemon for 2 energy, and the first attack can do some decent damage.
All the Tool Cards seem fun. Reversal Trigger is my favorite. Since usually the times you need something the most is when your Pokemon gets knocked out. Tool Scrapper is going to be so big in this format.
Iris doesn't seem very good. At most it adds 50 damage, which is always good, but it's a pretty pour use of your supporter if they haven't taken 3 or more prizes. Any Magnezone deck needs to run this though. Your opponent's taken 5 prizes, eh? 2 Iris gg
Caitlin seems horrible. You'd have to have a have a pretty bad hand to get many cards off of it. At least you have no risk of drawing the cards you got out of your hand. It's pretty much reverse Bianca. Got a hand with nothing you can play? Caitlin's good. Got a hand with a ton of playable stuff? Bianca good.
Scoop Up Cyclone doesn't seem very good. Unless you're REALLY attached to your energy cards (no pun intended), Max Potion get's the healing job done a lot better.
Virizion EX might be my favorite card in the set. Hypnotoxic Laser can suck it! Genesect is the most obvious partner for it, but since it's Grass Energy and not Grass Pokemon, you can run it in almost any deck. Even PlasmaBox if you're running Prism Energy. It's attack isn't all that great, but it isn't bad against Keldeo EX.
I don't know what to think of Jirachi EX. Sure, you can Level Ball for a supporter, but then you have 2 free prizes for your opponent. I think I'd rather run Roserade.
If any deck can run the Psychic and Metal Energy for Dialga EX, I want to play it. You can get back Ace Specs. I might be putting this and Prism's into my Klinklang deck once this set comes out. Not sure how good it's second attack would be. If you can get all 4 Plasma Energy out, and a Porygon-Z, and use tons of Max Potions, and your opponent has no way to discard your Plasma Energy, this could be a decently effective mill deck, with a way to take prizes too. It just takes forever to set up. Maybe some Shadow Triads would be a good idea?
Palkia EX is SOOOOO bad. Which sucks, since I like Palkia a lot. Pearl is the only Video Games I played much of at all, so it's sort of sentimental to me.
I want that Shiny Dusknoir RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!1

This set seems awesome. So many fun idea, and some many actually playable cards.

Whew, long post.

...dammit I want that all the Virizion cards in that set. And I don't really like it but the card looks so nice! I might buy 3 boxes and singles if I don't get that shiny! Hate that Exeggcute is a shiny (but it IS gold...) and still no shiny Samurott or Gen 2 starters yet but maybe the final BW set will have something. Assuming BW10 is the last one and not BW11.

Had a feeling Dialga and Palkia would be Plasmafied. But I don't really like those full arts.

I do want the Jirachi FA and Iris though. I'd like to see Elesa and Caitlin soon.

I got no idea what everbody just said, but this format just got a whole lot more interesting... BOO YAH stage 2 beatdown deck yah
virizi + gene = meta
ton of rogues gonna come out of here.
No really, does nobody see how caitlyn+root fossil+lileep+cradily= disaster?
so gonna be my deck.

Alright, I'll side with the rest: Cradily has the potential to be hilarious. Also, props for Virizion EX: Combined with Darkrai and Blend GRPD, you give a Pokemon immunity and free-retreat! (also, that shiny Virizion isn't too shabby).

--looks at Haxorus; laughs. How did I miss that my 3 times of scrolling through the list?

Also, I don't care if it's the most fragile of the EXs, I still want that Jirachi EX.

6 months or so: Prepare for a hilarious format, then. (also, noting again the Catcher reprint in DEX; our friend will be hanging around for a while)

DeoxysUnknownForme said:

Honestly, I agree with you. Japan still has Catcher, and has reprinted it many times. To keep things balanced, Catcher would probably have to be reprinted in either this set or the next one, but...I want it GONE, dangit!

MrSquarepants said:
Hate that Exeggcute is a shiny (but it IS gold...) and still no shiny Samurott or Gen 2 starters yet but maybe the final BW set will have something. Assuming BW10 is the last one and not BW11.
I honestly think this here, BW9, is the last BW set. See, we're getting Plasma Freeze in May over here, and then Megalo-Cannon will be our August (Worlds) set, coinciding with rotation.
Pokemon X and Y come out in October, and the first TCG set of the new era generally comes out a month after the games do.
This was even the case for BW2 - the games came out in October of last year, and their first set, Boundaries Crossed, came out in November. If trends have told us anything, the X/Y set will be our November set, leaving Megalo-Cannon as our last English BW set.

Of course, given how X and Y is a simultaneous worldwide release, I wonder how Japan may handle that. It could just be a troll and we'll get an eventual BW10...but to be honest, I doubt it, since Genesect EX has been released - it's marking the end of an era.

Cradily placing stage 2 on the bench vs. Golurk hitting it with devolution punch = KO? there's no basic to go back to?

chrisdavid42 said:
Cradily placing stage 2 on the bench vs. Golurk hitting it with devolution punch = KO? there's no basic to go back to?

Golurk wouldn't KO the pokemon, if there is no Basic/Stage 1 under the pokemon, then it is impossible to devolve that pokemon.

All I want is a way to attach Pokemon Tools to opponent's Pokemon.

But that'll never happen, because Haxorus + Plasma Badge would be way too fun.

Back