(1) 'Black' and 'White's' Legendary Mascots: Zekrom, Reshiram [5/28]

i predict normal/flying and dark/steel
hopefully they wont ruin the dragon type with more stupid legendaries

To be honest, the (colour not game) black one looks like a rock and the (colour not game) white one looks like a bird.

The lack of colour makes them look bad :/

I would be interested in seeing Xous' impression of them.

It may be coincidental, but each of them have "ROM" or "RAM" in their names, which are computer terms.

Oh my god. Zekrom looks AMAZING! By the far the best legendary I have ever seen! I agree with most that it will be a Dark/Steel thing, or maybe just dark. I think it would be cool if this turned out to be an angels/demons kinda thing. That would be epic.

I lo-lo-looooove them :D
Did you already remark that Reshiram comes from shiro (jap= white) and Zekrom (jap. Zekuromu) contains kuro (jap = black) ?!

The fact that Reshiram is the mascot fof the Black version and Zekrom fof the White version could be a hint for Yin & Yang because in the white part there is a white point and the other way round !

Sonuva-

I was going to get White, because I was pretty sure it would have an angel-like Legendary, and then they put Reshiram in Black.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

But yeah, they're pretty awesome. Better than Dialga and Palkia at any rate.

quilava11 said:
Both Reshiram and Zekrom look really intriguing, their designs look great. I am pleased with the fact that they have an overall simple design in terms of color. What strikes me most is Zekrom's tail, it looks like a airplane turbine which, along with his details, make it look war-like. The opposite is with Reshiram, whick looks more of a peaceful creature.

BTW, these confirm Pokemon Black and White as the official names for the games too.

The Pokemon Black and White names were announced long ago.

It's the end of Pokemon. They lost all creativity and decided to put Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus features into 2 Pokemon and be done with it because they just couldn't beat the concepts of the God Pokemon.

Reminds me: Gotta Buy 'em all!

Reshiram looks Ice Dragon to me while Zekrom can be dark dragon, and i lovee Reshiram to death!!!

I was planing on getting black but now I am for sure,

that pocket monster's power level is.... is ...
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!

Wow, they both looks just fantastic. To me, they don't look like Pokemon; I guess to me they look more that monsters you'd see in underground animes geared towards young adults. But, I like them both. I also noticed they both have similarities to Palkia. To me, it looks like they have turbines on their tails, which could be a clue about something. They are both very detailed: maybe showing Pokemon's maturity? I mean, even the 2 playable characters are older than 10 years of age like past playable characters.
I also find it really awesome that pokemon.com has updated with this information at the same time as the Japanese site. Maybe the Pokemon Company, Pokemon USA, or whoever decides what goes on with the American Pokemon franchise has finally come to understand that America is not blind to what goes on with Japan's Pokemon. For example, maybe they've realized that most hardcore Pokemon fans in America are people who are in their late teens and older, so they'll stop targeting it exclusively to children. Having it targeted to everyone (children, teens, and adults) like in Japan would be fantastic.

Overall, I'm excited to see the types of these 2 Pokemon. i think Zekrom will be dark/dragon and Reshiram will be ghost/dragon. ghosts are white, and its tail and and flowing mane on its head look "ghostly". i can't wait to see more legendary pokemon!

Also, I find it funny that people were going to pick black but now they have decided on white because of Zekrom. I was originally going to get white but, if black ends up being the less popular, I'll get that. I always get the least popular of the two.

Back