(1) Bye-Bye Japanese Cards! [4/3]

Well I was already planning on quitting Premier Events at the end of the year anyways. I believe in having fun and it's hard to when they make rules based on the results of test groups that haven't learned how to breathe.

What! That sucks!

Good thing I got rid of my jap Lv.X's and such at least. And now I guess prices should increase :)

Wow, that STINKS. At least I'm glad that convinced this guy this guy at the PL prerelease to trade me an english Pachirisu, not a jp one.

YYYEEESSS!!!! Finally people will be using cards that everybody will understand! They are also kind of intimidating to battle.

Who do foreign cards hurt? NO ONE! I don't like to play with foreign cards but I do collect them and this is forcing their value to drop in the U.S. now it will be impossible to sell them.

I think that making a whole japanese deck or something really is unfair... But restricting all use of any language but english in the U.S. and the official languages in other countries...

Translations were fine for premeir events in my own opinion. I think that we should all be able to have our fun and buy the japanese boxes and use the cards that we can't seem to find in english...

I'm not bashing any of you who think this is a good thing... I just think it's plain stupid.

It'd be better to have put this restriction for next next season so that we would have heads up and stop buying Japanese cards. This is ridiculous. Many people bought Japanese cards for next season because they were told that they could play them. Now this comes up. Outrageous. Everyone mass e-mail them.

Well...they do slow down the game a little. I like Japanese cards because they look cool. I guess my Japanese Cresselia Lv.X is worthless now. :mad:

Well that is unfortunate (even though I dont use japenese cards) but it did spice up a match these japenese cards. Luckily I dont like translating :p, so does that mean we cant battle in countries that dont speak english ???

REVOLUTION !

We have to mobilize all Pokemon community to counter this Dictature !

They try to get de monopole, Pokemon community will probably loose a lot of players and with it the traveling players in Europe will probably loose much with it...

OUTRAGE. OUTRAGE. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I HOPE YOU'RE PAYING ATTENTION. I QUIT. I QUIT. UNLESS YOU FIX THIS I QUIT. EVEN TO PEOPLE NOT USING FOREIGN CARDS, DO YOU HAVE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW THIS IS GOING TO IMPACT SOME PEOPLE!? PRICES FOR CARDS WILL SKYROCKET BECAUSE NO ONE IS ALLOWED AN ALTERNATIVE, JUUST LIKE YU-GI-OH. IW ON'T BE ABLE TO AFFORD THAT, BARELY ANYONE WILL. YOU MORONS. YOU BLOODY MORONS.

THANKS FOR YOUR FAITHFUL SERVICE TO YOUR TEN YEAR PLAYER WHO ORGANIZED A GROUP JUST TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR PEOPLE.

:c

For god sake...

We shouldnt petition POP to remove this ban, we should petition them to stop making junky boxes! Make Lv Xs just as easy to obtain as they are in japan and make the packs the same value as japanese ones! They should make it so we dont HAVE TO import to get good cards!

Seriously I've probably blown $150.00 by now on PT packs alone looking for a Dialga G Lv X. Guess how many Lv X I pulled. ZERO! They advertise them on their site as though anyone can easy get them and then make them impossible to obtain! That's just wrong! Because of this, I'm probably never going to get that card!

This CAN be changed, If we try hard enough. I've already called PUSA about it multiple times, If you feel this is unfair, I suggest you do the same.

(Randy) said:
Po-Po-Pocchama said:
Judges need to stop being lazy, and people like 'Pop and BDS need to stop giving garbage excuses.

In fact I'm quitting if they do not give me a clear explanation or change the ruling, I will not play a game that is run by greedy people who couldn't give a **** about there players.

Hey mister, ever heard of the saying "If you do not know any thing about the subject, don't talk about it."
It's not BDS's fault, it's POP's.(Pokemon Organizes play, not pokepop)
I know BDS personally and he is not lazy nor does he give stupid excuses.
I never said it was either of their faults. I said they we're giving poor excuses, I never said either of them we're lazy either.

"If you do not know any thing about the subject, don't talk about it."

This whole complication thing POP is riding this ruling on is a pile of BS because it isn't an issue to anyone who knows how to follow rules.

People who play foreign cards have a right as well as a privilege, if they do not follow the rules, then tough luck, they aren't going to play.

Lord Atmo said:
For god sake...

We shouldnt petition POP to remove this ban, we should petition them to stop making junky boxes! Make Lv Xs just as easy to obtain as they are in japan and make the packs the same value as japanese ones! They should make it so we don't HAVE TO import to get good cards!

Seriously I've probably blown $150.00 by now on PT packs alone looking for a Dialga G Lv X. Guess how many Lv X I pulled. ZERO! They advertise them on their site as though anyone can easy get them and then make them impossible to obtain! That's just wrong! Because of this, I'm probably never going to get that card!

Perfectly stated Lord Atmo.

As someone that's spent quite a few beans recently on JPN cards, I must say that for me, the worst fallout from this is not that a lot of my cards have lost considerable value (although I agree, they should have started the ban after Pulse of the Future, since many of us have already invested in that set), but that I'm left with the domestic versions...those thin, trashy cards that can come in packs with nothing of value but a reverse holo ("Yay...another reverse holo Kangaskhan" - seriously, I have at least 5).

I encourage everyone to reply to this rule and ask for better US offerings with higher rations of Lv X's and holos per box/pack, and cards of better physical quality.

Funny they'd mess with things just as pokemon TCG is becoming so popular again. Maybe they know what they're doing...like those guys that invented New Coke!!

Catbus said:
Lord Atmo said:
For god sake...

We shouldnt petition POP to remove this ban, we should petition them to stop making junky boxes! Make Lv Xs just as easy to obtain as they are in japan and make the packs the same value as japanese ones! They should make it so we don't HAVE TO import to get good cards!

Perfectly stated Lord Atmo.

As someone that's spent quite a few beans recently on JPN cards, I must say that for me, the worst fallout from this is not that a lot of my cards have lost considerable value (although I agree, they should have started the ban after Pulse of the Future, since many of us have already invested in that set), but that I'm left with the domestic versions...those thin, trashy cards that can come in packs with nothing of value but a reverse holo ("Yay...another reverse holo Kangaskhan" - seriously, I have at least 5).

I encourage everyone to reply to this rule and ask for better US offerings with higher rations of Lv X's and holos per box/pack, and cards of better physical quality.

Funny they'd mess with things just as pokemon TCG is becoming so popular again. Maybe they know what they're doing...like those guys that invented New Coke!!

This is especially hard for traders/sellers like you who's main expenses/ attractions are the newer japanese cards. I've started a petition for any one who thinks this is wrong: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Foreignpokemoncards NOT AN AD!!!!!

>:[

ight, this is my last season of playing. POP says, "be rich or jump off a cliff and never come back! BWA HA HA HA HA!!!"

I feel really bad for the people who bought DPT3, because they wasted their hard worked cash all for dang NOTHING.

Back