(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaking! [9/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall seeing the PR video part on the official site either O_O Awesome! Also, I love that we can customise even the color of the clothes! Now I just wonder if we can dye our character's hair too, since Serena is shown with at least 4 different haircolors here with the same skintone:

Outfit_Art-X-and-Y.jpg

alapost said:
rock types get sp. defense boost from sandstorm?
like in "ALL ROCK POKEMON"?
did that happen until now?
i thought that sandstorm boost was able only through sand force and sand rush!
That's not new...

Mitja said:
http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf

Apart from the known changes to Steel and addition of Fairy, it seems like there is more changes to types!

●Grass-type Pokémon are immune to Leech Seed and powder and spore moves.
Whoa. That didn't happen before oO
Good one. Grass could use even more buffs imo.

●Electric-type Pokémon cannot be afflicted with the Paralyzed condition.
That's new too. Been wondering why this wasn't the case since EVER.

●Ice-type Pokémon are immune to the Frozen condition and take no damage from hail.
Well..okay... was hoping for "Defense improved in Hail" or something too, because its still the frailest type in existence..

●Ghost-type Pokémon are not affected by moves that prevent Pokémon from fleeing from battle.
Mean Look, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Magnet Pull have no use against Ghosts, I guess? Minor but interesting o:

I totally forgot they could buff any type in ways like this. But seems like they really don't see how poor Ice is doing, cause they aren't doing anything about it, while claiming to want to add balance.

Grass has never been immune to powder moves iirc. . . I always thought they should be. BUT, what I know is, we now have a HARD spore counter. But they make sense, I mean fire is immune to burn, Poison is immune to. . . Poison. So this is perfectly fine with me. But Ice pokes could be frozen, so I suppose that's beneficial?

Teal said:
alapost said:
rock types get sp. defense boost from sandstorm?
like in "ALL ROCK POKEMON"?
did that happen until now?
i thought that sandstorm boost was able only through sand force and sand rush!
That's not new...

really??
i didn't notice that before!
not a competitive player, so...

thanks for the answer though!!

edit: just checked it on bulbapedia. This started on gen IV. o_O
just missed a couple of gens :p

Apparently Fennekin always liked to eat twigs and keeping the branch in it tail after its diet change when it evolves is the eqiuvalent of having a nerve calming smoke.

Mega Garchomp is slower for increased attack, I'm not sure but is that bad or was Garchomp already slow?

ECHOxLegend said:
Mega Garchomp is slower for increased attack, I'm not sure but is that bad or was Garchomp already slow?
Garchomp has a very nice base speed of 102 so it's bad, but yeah... I wonder how much stronger mega is.

The "eyes" under the Meowstics ears look to me like the inside of a bunny's ears. You know how it's like pink and inset?
So maybe it's like that, but also an adaptation to make it look more menacing to predators, like moths with eye/face designs on their wings to ward/scare predators...

PS. Meowstic looks more like a bunny than a cat.. o_0
PSS. Fire is immune to Burn? Pretty sure I've seen a Fire Poke get burned before.. *shrug*
PSSS. Fennekin's now bi-pedal evolution no longer being able to digest bark(branches) is similar to humans' lack of that same ability, even though other primates can.

Sheriff_K said:
The "eyes" under the Meowstics ears look to me like the inside of a bunny's ears. You know how it's like pink and inset?
So maybe it's like that, but also an adaptation to make it look more menacing to predators, like moths with eye/face designs on their wings to ward/scare predators...

PS. Meowstic looks more like a bunny than a cat.. o_0
PSS. Fire is immune to Burn? Pretty sure I've seen a Fire Poke get burned before.. *shrug*

For the record they aren't eyes.. They're some weird organs with huge psychic power they hide unless threatened.

You can only get one fossil in X/Y

Sheriff_K said:

Well, I have no idea where you saw that. . .
They've always been immune to burn iirc.

Sheriff_K said:

In this generation they are immune for sure. The typing table has a lot of new changes/immunities which will be applied in Pokemon X and Y, and quite possibly in the future generations as well. Of course the new updates don't apply for older generations.

Well, since Fairy type is SE against Fighting and Dark and Ghost type do normal damage to Steel types, won't that mean the biggest issues for Ice types be Fire and Rock types?

alapost said:
Teal said:
That's not new...

really??
i didn't notice that before!
not a competitive player, so...

thanks for the answer though!!

edit: just checked it on bulbapedia. This started on gen IV. o_O
just missed a couple of gens :p

Did you never face a Tyranitar with a special attacker? D:
They're a pain to take down even with quad weakness to Focus Blast.

The localization team is really stepping up their game name-wise. I'm loving them. As someone already pointed out, Quilladin is almost immediate redemption.

Wait, some people actually thought the branch in Braixen's tail was actually part of the Pokémon?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha :DDDD

Love the female Pyroar, looks like a punk rock badass. I like her more than the male.

So glad it is meowstic and not with the 'k.' Was meowstic the evolution of espurr? Meowstic is already tiny and cutesy, I am wondering what Espurr will be like.

Furfrou. You can definitely see the poodle in it now. Look at that face haha. I really like this guy, and the customization is a cool idea. Especially since the hair grows back after a few days.

I'm getting even more excited about the starters' themes with the english names revealed.

So, after watching the new video, looking again at their artworks and reading everything, everyome received redemption from the hateful post that I wrote the other day.

Quilladin just has a bad artwork. Can anyone help me guessing what does the Quil- part of its name is? Some of us have already guessed that the last part is directly connected to Paladin, but that Quil- part I just can't figure it out...

Braixen, I'm guessing is a mix between braise and foxen. As with Quilladin, gameplay gives it much more justice than its artwork.

Mega M2X is not as bad as I thouft it was, but it still neeeds to grow on me.

Mega Garchomp is a sovereign beast. Period. Haha

Okay, seeing all these Pokemon in-game really benefited them. YAY to the variety of customization for our trainers :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back