(1) Nintendo 3DS Announced! [3/23]

Doesn't seem something to get excited about that much. The whole 3D thing seems really cool, but making the same game system, but a few adjustments doesn't seem anything really exciting. I'm really hoping Nintendo don't change their minds and say "The 5th Generation Pokemon games will be on the Nintendo 3DS". That would just make me mad. I have a DS Lite and I'm hoping that Nintendo start making NEW game systems, that not just upgrade the Nintendo DS.

I worry about this causing eyestrain; but then again, I trust Nintendo knows what it's doing so perhaps I should reserve judgment.

How cool.

Don't worry, I think it'll be like DS Lite,but the 3D verison of DS,that's all it is. I don't mind seeing the 5th gen in 3D. That'll be sorta cool 2 see that.

I hope they'll be cell shaded in the next game. I hope they

ajwalker said:
I don't know guys.... I have a feeling this will be out in Japan before the end of their fiscal year but probably not showing up in America or elsewhere (unless imported) before Holiday season 2011 AT THE EARLIEST.

As intriguing as this news is, I think we've got a long wait ahead of us. Of course, they may also have been working on this for a long while and have the translations ready to go (how hard is it really to translate a menu system????).

E3 will be telling in June but, with it confirmed to play all current DS games, I'm still leaning toward picking up a DSi XL to tide me over until the new system that could still be anywhere from 14 - 22 months away from landing officially in the States.
It's not very hard, but Nintendo will not launch a system without any games : /

I was a bit skeptical at first because I do not enjoy watching 3D Movies, but now that the extra details have emegered (like how the images are projected through the screens and it haveing a joystick) I'm rather excited.

I'm not to excited for it's other features like motion detection because generally DS's are bulkier than an iPod Touch, but maybe they can put it in such a way that the bulkiness and damage that flinging the 3DS around doesn't matter. I just hope it isn't as fragile as previous DS systems.

I could see this turning out either really good, or really bad. On the subject of 3-D games, I'm not all too pleased with it. I'm not a big fan of 3-D movies, and viewing 3-D for hours and hours could get tiresome and rather annoying. I could be wrong, though....in the end, I'll have to see what the game would actually look like before I form a strong opinion on it.

As for Generation V, I doubt the two new games will be 3DS exclusive. (I have my doubts that it will be released before the games, anyway) It may just be enhanced on the 3DS, much like Gold and Silver were on the GB and GBC. As for the third version, it will likely only be on the 3DS, like Crystal was on the GBC.

Yeah, I don't think the next Pokemon games will come out in time tbh. It does sound cool that you won't need glasses (how the heck will that work out? 0_o). But I am excited to see how it plays. Backwards compatibility is great, but I expect the price to be really high. Why does the next DS get 3D but the Wii still has not seen HD yet? _-_

dmaster out.

oops, read it wrong, sorry

That is cool with the glasses, it makes me all for this new system
I cannot wait for it.

If it's about tracking head movement, it'll probably be something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAg1s7xfz0
Which is interesting that they can already do it on the DSi, but I suppose multiple sensors to allow it to be more complex or something.

We'll probably get a second touch screen, along with giving it the ability to know when it's being tilted around (iphone games, warioware twisted, kitbys tilt and tumble).

Can't wait for the minigames that require me to rub both screens frantically, blow into the mic, twist the console above my head, and have me make wacky facial expressions for the camera all at the same time. At least the major Pokemon games have been very reasonable when it comes to implementing features, wish 90% of the developers out there would get a clue.

Awesome. How much will the 3DS retail for? I heard about the 3d version of the DS that is coming out next year today on the news but they did not say anything about a price yet though.:)

ehhh with all the new backgrounds in hgss i kinda saw some sorta 3d thing coming. im really confused as to how this will work without glasses considering 3d is based off red and blue color schemes.

personally i am not stoked on this at all, im partially color blind and the way the red and blue makes things 3d actually really hurts my eyes and gievs me migrains. i cant watch 3d movies at all.
as far as a 5th gen game, one of my friends has an uncle that works at nintendo, he swore that his uncle said hgss would be the last gen.
i cried twice, once at that news and the other out of joy when i found out there is a 5th gen game. but i realllllly dont want to have to buy another system to play it.
i have a wii for battle revolution and a ds for the hand held games. i dont really play any other vg's so buying another system will really piss me off.

im still waiting on a pokemon mmorpg
or a non hand held game as good as pokemon stadium, lets face it everything after stadium 2 has really lacked alot.

how in arceus holy name did i get that off topic with this rant?

Today morning I was watching T.V. Then when I looked up they were talking about technology. I started watching it and then I heard somebody say Nintendo 3DS. I started listening to what the the guy was saying about the Nintendo 3DS. It was just a brief summary about what it features and that you don't need to wear the 3D glasses for the DS. Still I thought it was pretty cool.

There's a video on YT of a spanish-language news showing some playtime. It looks real, and it looks awesome. Can anyone confirm it's not fake?

This is going to be sooooo awesome!
I can't wait to see Pokemon 5th Gen on it...
3D game system... amazing.

This seems epic! I really hope that I can get one of these things when it comes out. I currently have a DS and I took it camping for years but it's getting old so I bought a DSi back in April. So, hopefully I'll have a reason to get this thing! Also:
Pokebeach.com said:
As its name indicates, the new handheld system will support 3D gameplay, but notably without the need to wear 3D glasses.
3D will be amazing, too bad about the glasses though haha. :p Anyhow, I can't wait to play Pokemon Gen 5 and other amazing games on it once it comes out!
WP

Yeah, I saw that on Yahoo. It looks okay, but it really looks over-the-top and unnessecary... I think they're carrying on this whole DS thing too long. Scratch it and make another console with one screen that is only touch!

Honestly, I think this is more an attempt to stop piracy than to wow consumers. I base this thought on an article I read in a local paper saying that so many movies are being released in 3D now because it makes them harder to pirate, not because people prefer them. Though the 3DS won't need glasses to work, I'm doubting the 3D effects will work if the games are played on anything other than a 3DS, making people a little less likely to download a ROM of it, especially if those 3D effects are going to be necessary to the games.

Anyway, I probably won't be buying a 3DS, at least not anytime soon after its release, unless some insanely awesome game is released for it. I still haven't upgraded to a DSi, mainly because they lack backwards compatibility but also because my DS is one of those limited edition green ones.

RisuX said:
I really do hope that the 5th generation games do not debut with this new system. :| I am not going to buy another system anytime soon, so hopefully it comes out to the DS, and not this.

Well i beg to differ!
If we look in the past we already know that what sold nintendo handheld systems are tetris, mario and pokemon, so gen. 5 may as well be a 3DS exclusive since their unconfirmed release dates match the end of this fiscal year and pokemon in 3D is an interesting thought to consider since the main core mechanics of the games must evolve in some way or another.:cool:

Well then, the DS's Successor is apparently called the 3DS. Very interesting I must say. I just can't wait for its release. It has lots of nice features. The 3-D screens without 3-D glasses sounds awesome. When Generation 5 will most likely be released, it'll be cool watching an attack flying out of the screen. The other part I like about it is that, although not truly confirmed, it can follow your head movements. Now that'll be quite interesting to see, and I wonder how Generaion 5 will handle this feature if this is true.

With the revealing of the 3DS, I am not just anticipating the release of the Generation 5 games, but also the Nintendo 3DS. It's likely Generation 5 will be released on this system. I have a feeling that this Nintendo System will be the best portable system out there, so I definitely can't wait to see how it looks like. Hopefully, one of the first colors released will come in blue since blue is my favorite color.

Back