(1) 'Pokemon Sunday' Airs New 'Black' and 'White' Info [5/15]

I'm really shocked!! Really!! I tought i would never see this!! I'm a pokemon player since red version! This is so great!!!

kstrupo said:
I'm really shocked!! Really!! I thought i would never see this!! I'm a pokemon player since red version! This is so great!

Yeah I've played Pokemon games for the gameboy color as well and I never thought Pokemon would look this good!

....Oh my word... Game Freak, those amazing sprite animation hands deserve the best high-five in the world for this.

Edit: also, it's a small thing, but if you look carefully, you may notice that the background when your in standby mode moves too, which is a really nice addition aswell

Oh good, Gamefreak discovered the rotation effects Nintendo handhelds have had since the GBA. This still looks incredibly dithered and blocky, and while it's a step up from D/P/Pt, I think we can still hold higher expectations for one of Nintendo's flagship franchises--one that makes a ton of money off of its fans--instead of just putting up with incremental improvements every generation.

Imagine, for instance, if the animations in the Pokemon series were on par with those in any of the GBA or DS Castlevania games. It's a fair comparison, I think, because those games use the same scaling and rotation effects as this appears to, and has resulted in absolutely gorgeous results, albeit with a drastically different aesthetic. This, by contrast, is still a bit messy, and I'm hoping it gets cleaned up by release time.

I agree the sprites still look a bit messy for the legendary beasts, but still the effects are incredible. I guess GameFreak tapped into the DS's true graphical power, after waiting for a generation.

The city video looks really neat with the dialog and AI, although it seems a bit too linear, since there is a line of people going towards you and a line of people going with you.

ZOMG....The graphics and level of gameplay just went in leaps and bounds, its really goo, i cannot wait for March, i just really wanna play these games right now...

Well, it's about time! Did it really take so long to loop the animation? I'm grateful they finally did so, but not impressed except for the camera. The camera makes it like a 2-D Pokemon Colosseum!

I don't mind the "not pressing A to talk" thing unless I have to press A to get them to stop talking. It'd be pretty slow to press A every time you passed someone. Wait! You can talk and walk at the same time! That breaks the laws of pokemon!

yeah they move all the body randomly!!! Well!! I just have to see the next silhouettes and then stop seeing black & white news! I don't want to be spoiled!! Its just so great when u play a game and you don't know whats gonna happen!!! With those battle scenes and the hiunn scenes i think I'm done!!! I'll leave the rest to march 2011

I have to say.....I am in total shock. These games will revolutionize Pokemon I can see it. AMAZING. I am really really excited for these games.

About time they brought moving sprites to the handheld games. All of the Stadium/Colosseum games had some kind of movement and, to some extent, reactions from the Pokemon when they got attacked. I mean, a lot of RPGs already had them years ago (Golden Sun/Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA, FFIII/IV for DS, etc.), so I'm glad they decided to update Pokemon in the same way even if the sprites are still more-or-less 2-D.

But, the automatic-talk thing bugs me a little, especially when they showed people running right by you and saying something (I don't know a lot of Japanese, but something kind of tells me that the few things that were said to the character in that one video weren't very nice...).

Wow that looks incredibly amazing. This generation will definitely be a vast improvement on the series as a whole. The animations are just beautiful in my opinion. I especially love Zoroark's... Can't wait to see something like Lugia's animations on this game. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME!!!!

Finally! Some constantly moving pokemon. The video looks great, I love the animation in battle. Plus, the whole trainer thing is awesome, I like the fact that people actually talk to you now. Can't wait!

I Love the animations, i just wish the sprites were less pixelated...i wish Black & White were more like mobile versions of PBR...Or Colosseum...

Anyone notice how the people in the walking in town video are in Black and White except that the Main Character and that one girl.

Back