(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Hey. Long time forum reader, first time poster.

I always felt that the final evo of the frog line would be Water/Flying and be a frog riding on a cloud. (Similar to the ones in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.) It made more sense to me than having a Water/Fighting, since the whole Dark/Psychic/Fighting group is unfair to Psychic (Can't hurt Dark, unless they add that to rebalancing like with Steel no longer resisting Ghost-type attacks). Also, the Froakie evolution line already learns flying moves like Bounce (Although that's likely because it's a frog.), so why wouldn't they make those frog-related moves be STAB-moves for the final evo? Just makes more sense to me than yet another Fighting-type starter. Of course Stealth Rock would basically prevent it from ever being a competitive Pokemon, but as we all know, Nintendo isn't too good with giving us usable starters (Venosaur learned few good STAB moves until recent generations, we got three generations of Fire/Fighting, Charizard meeting Stealth Rock, etc.).

Let's not argue about things that apparently don't make sense ( i.e color scheme, move pool...) But understand the logic behind the leaks. These pics are not from the same source. One of those had Greninja and Hawlucha. The other one also had Hawlucha, but no Greninja and instead, Binacle. Because there is a convergence of info, should one of them be proved fake, the other is as well.

As of this moment, I believe both are true. And I dislike immensely Greninja's design as it was shown. I can only hope the tongue scarf thing is not something permanent, but a sprite animation.

Backwards_Cowboy said:

I always felt that the final evo of the frog line would be Water/Flying and be a frog riding on a cloud. (Similar to the ones in Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.) It made more sense to me than having a Water/Fighting, since the whole Dark/Psychic/Fighting group is unfair to Psychic (Can't hurt Dark, unless they add that to rebalancing like with Steel no longer resisting Ghost-type attacks). Also, the Froakie evolution line already learns flying moves like Bounce (Although that's likely because it's a frog.), so why wouldn't they make those frog-related moves be STAB-moves for the final evo? Just makes more sense to me than yet another Fighting-type starter. Of course Stealth Rock would basically prevent it from ever being a competitive Pokemon, but as we all know, Nintendo isn't too good with giving us usable starters (Venosaur learned few good STAB moves until recent generations, we got three generations of Fire/Fighting, Charizard meeting Stealth Rock, etc.).

I've never really cared about the "competitiveness" of Pokemon as long as they can be used in-game; I do battle competitively but the priority for me is the Pokemon in-game, not the metagame. And you don't really see Stealth Rock too much in-game. Gamefreak could always change that, but they probably won't.

Luke said:
Let's not argue about things that apparently don't make sense ( i.e color scheme, move pool...) But understand the logic behind the leaks. These pics are not from the same source. One of those had Greninja and Hawlucha. The other one also had Hawlucha, but no Greninja and instead, Binacle. Because there is a convergence of info, should one of them be proved fake, the other is as well.

As of this moment, I believe both are true. And I dislike immensely Greninja's design as it was shown. I can only hope the tongue scarf thing is not something permanent, but a sprite animation.

I agree that the Pokemon's moveset is rather irrelevant and doesn't really work as solid evidence.
And same here about hoping the tongue just being a brief moment of the sprite animation!

Backwards_Cowboy said:

Just because it would be flying type doesn't mean it wont be usable in competitive play. I use Charizard all the time online, and as long as I can get my setup going taking damage from Stealth Rocks once does not stop me from dominating with it.

I think I could live with these designs if they do turn out to be real, even though they seem pretty weird in general.

Greninja looks cool, it just doesnt feel right for froakie's last evolution. I like the idea of a fighting/flying type but Hawlucha is straight up funny looking lol. Binacle seems alright (even if it does turn out to be the next dugtrio, dodrio, etc.)

(spanish)
Este pokemon "Hawlucha" puede estar basado en la mitologia Azteca "Los cuāuhpipiltin" (hombre Águila) que eran guerrero
Por eso Tipo Volador /lucha

Haw_ hawk (halcon)
lucha- fight e español
hawklucha.jpg

1044686_249px.jpg

Well, here's my two cents on the matter.
I've actually been reading the forums since the beginning of 2010, and I do remember the Wottergate incident. And I remember this guy who pointed out a bunch of things with the evolutions to other Pokemon, and said the evolutions were fake. And he pretty much managed to convince a lot of people they were fake. And then they turned out to be real. So remember that there's a very high chance that Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle are real.

Ya know, at this point from what I can tell, there is way too much comparing to multiple "leaks" and rumors lately. There are so many and it gets hard to tell. Everything is in so much disarray and it's really killing hype because of how ANNOYING so many people are about it.

So honestly, unless we get solid confirmation, direct statements from Game Freak, reveals, etc.

Take everything with a gallon-filled jug of salt.

We are all excited about new Pokemon, yes, we are curious as to what the game has to offer, yes. We would definitely all love to see it but at this point in time there is way too much faking and I bet someone is getting a huge laugh out of seeing the Pokemon fandom running around like thousands wind-up toys all set off at the same time.

It's getting way too out of hand, for the love of god we are only 13 days away from X/Y and it's making you believe every single thing. I could literally make up some rumor and say I had a reliable source and 50% of you would believe it.

Axell Starr said:
AdamLambert said:
Hm. Let me rephrase that. It's not that it isn't human-like enough or bird-like enough. It's that it isn't far enough one way or the other. Or maybe it's neither. I don't know. I just know I don't like it, and the design looks awkward. Looks like a high schooler dressed as the school mascot

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks it looks that way. Looking at it I feel there's a midget inside that bird suit.
I just immediately lost all respect for you in that one sentence.
You may not know but I am diagnosed with achondroplasia dwarfism and I take said word as an offence. It feels like saying the N-word to an African-American. So I would please ask you to stop saying that word and so other people can stop saying it.

That's why it would be nice to put spoiler tag on main page of pokebeach, for example. I just wanted to take a look on one of the trailers... and all of sudden, I saw it. Should be more sensible, imho. I'm not ranting, just preffer to discover the rest of new Pokemon myself.
Also - funny thing - I don't have any problems with the tongue (making it ninja-scarf is kinda creative), I just have some problems with that weird geometrical pattern on his head. Liked that fanart version better.
Also... it's a static image.
I remember how many people literally HATED Lucario, until they saw how this guy moves.
It's okay to not like the designs, but... you cannot love every single one, right?

AdamLambert said:
Luke said:
Am I the only one that really likes Hawlucha? I hope everything is true, except the awful Greninja.

Actually, the people who like Hawlucha are in the majority (Lord knows why)

I think its because we're all just happy to finally have a fighting/flying type! Although, I must admit, I would have preferred the first pokemon with that type combo to be a farfetch'd evolution...

What's the chance of Greninja being a nickname though?

I made a forum account through facebook real quick just to share my opinions on the new pokemon. I've never visited these forums before or anything hehehe but let me just cut to the chase.

I'm really digging greninja! I like the whole ninja concept I think it's really cool. I think the tongue scarf is particularly clever and pretty funny. It references ninjas pretty well throughout what I can see of its design (the thin ankles, the hood, the slealthy appearence.) If it's real it'll be a nice change from final evolutions of starters that are simply great big beasts. I just thinks it's a pretty clever and an all around rad design.

I'm not too familiar with mexican wrestling culture, but from what I can tell from having watched half of nacho libre 2 years ago it seems pretty true to concept. I'm not sure what the big idea was it connecting hawks to the idea but usually nintendo likes to string an animal onto something if the concept is too human. Using a hawk gives them an opportunity to make a flying and fighting type pokemon.

Binacle is cute. He has two fun small faces.

Wait, wouldn't this mean that one of the "leaked" froakie evolutions be fake? Since the new scan seems quite different from the other leak and all. I am betting this is probably fake.

I am inclined to say the first one is fake... Not because of the pictures, but because of the information he included. Do we know for sure he or she made those? He might have lied about the info. The no-postgame and just 70 pokemon really raises my suspicion, because that would be a terrible choice on GF's side. This game is probably the most important pokemon game since the third gen games... It needs to have an enormous amount of content. This might be a pokemon and this game is a game even genwunners are attracted to, but if it dissapoints them... Aka there is not enough content... It might very well mean an absolute annihilation of the pokemon fanbase. He might not have played long enough, perhaps he needed to complete the national dex first, maybe they even excluded new pokemon from the regional dex, like in gen 4, but even then... GF is well aware of the importance of this title, such choices are just too dumb... I just cannot find those rumors credible.

More on topic:
Greninja; I'll wait for the sugimori art for a real opinion, but so far... Like mentioned earlier, there is this thing called defenestration. And... eeeh... Let me open the window please, the glass is to precious to be wasted on this thing... (by the almighty Iupiter, his tongue!). Luckily, he might be fake...

Hawlucha, or something. Sugimori art, until then... Those legs, those proportions and colors... TERRIBLE. Flying/Fighting, yes please.

Binacle... You might suspect me to bash this thing, but I won't. A barnacle pokemon is very unique. It might not be much better than a diglet in design, but it is these unique subjects that make me love GF.

How much of this is fake? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c87HIc9ku7o

I... don't mind the other two, Hawlucha and Binacle. But Greninja?... There's no way that thing's real. I'm bothered by the tongue scarf like everyone else, but the eyes look strange to me too. Not to mention, what happened to three of the more prominent features they were introducing to the Froakie line?

1. The bubble scarf. I've seen the explanation of him licking the bubbles off, and I could probably excuse that, but that seems like a really inconvenient time to take a picture, if it's real, it's like the player wanted to piss people off.

2. The two white spots on its nose.

3. The dark blue color scheme. If you look at Froakie, it has a a slim dark blue stripe between its eyes. When it evolves into Frogadier, the dark blue takes over its whole upper half. On Greninja... Yes, it's a darker blue than both Frogadier and Froakie, but if you compare it to Froakie and Frogadier, it's not the same shade as the dark blue that was starting to dominate Frogadier's body.

AdamLambert said:
Zielo said:
One things for sure, one of these two rumors is a definite fake. The picture of Froakie's evo does not match up with the description of the other leaker's info what so ever.

greninja.jpg
I also don't see a single Fighting move on it, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't part Fighting. It still looks fishy though.

I personally hope that these images are indeed photoshopped, I like the description of the first leaker much more. I really don't care too much for Greninja's design, the "scarf" it has just looks awkward and so does almost everything about it. The "human Mexican wrestler" theme for the hawk is extremely disappointing... I would have liked a different take on an awesome hawk Pokemon. And, from what I can see from the blur, the face on the barnicle Pokemon makes it look extremely constipated.
(plus the name Barnicade sounds better)

But... the dark blue did take over its body. And it is a bit bulkier. And we don't know about the bubbles or black dots because of its position. So... both could be true.

I personally don't think the dark blue took over the body, it still looks pretty light. And I saw someone earlier post maybe the bubbles are underneath the "tongue"...

I'm sorry but the whole tongue-scarf thing is just ridiculous. Going from fake-Gallantoad to potentially real-Greninja is pretty heartbreaking. The design is not only unappealing to me, but rather grotesque.

For the designs, I'd personally wait to see Sugimori art. For example, a lot of people hated Mega Mewtwo Y back when the first leak of it was made with the poster, but warmed up to it instantly when the Sugimori art was revealed. (Even though I hate Mega Mewtwo Y still.)

Re: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

Leaks people hate - Must be fake.
Leaks people like - Must be legit.

Also, I like Greninja. I definitely prefer it to Froakie. It's less gormless looking!

Binacle is alright but ultimately I'm not fussed and Hawlucha is really cool even if its legs look a little too small for its body... xD It also has pretty good typing!

Back