(1) X/Y Gameplay and X/Y Anime Preview on ‘Pokemon Smash’ [7/20]

Is anyone else thinking that there was a smashable rock in the trailer? It's the one at about 1.18 in the trailer.

i think the character not only puts the item in his bag but also reaches over to grab it.
if only he took the item facing down so we 're able to see the animation.
also since unsheathing is honedge's thing i would like to be able to see it.
it was to fast and lost in the flash of the opening pokeball.

I'm not worrying too much for the rest of the itsy-bitsy-tiny stuff because:
a)this is their first game in 3d so some minor aesthetic "errors" are to be expected
b)this not the final stuff. we have more than 2 months until October (proof :p ) things will probably get better!

I'm suprised people are complaining about the graphics, usually people nickpick one bad pokemon and call the whole generation bad.

Sent from my HTC One

I love the anime trailer. The Pokémon look great! I love the way Fennekin's ears light up and Froakie looks hilarious with his bubble pouches! I can't wait for the actual show to start or to play the games. Chespin also really cute, although he didn't do anything special in the trailer.

I find it amusing that the guys act like they've made a rocket and it just landed on the moon when they find a wild octillery.

The anime is meh like usual.

Momaster12 said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
That rainbow attack Xerneas uses is the same one the new Mewtwo forme used in the X/Y trailer before the Genesect movie.

Mewtwo Forme confirmed Fairy-Type?

No. Just because it can learn fairy type moves doesn't mean it's a fairy. That's like saying Samouratt is ice type because it can learn ice beam or metagross a ground type because it can learn bulldoze and earthquake.

edit: Did Yveltal heal itself using that move?

Reggie McGigas said:
Momaster12 said:

No. Just because it can learn fairy type moves doesn't mean it's a fairy. That's like saying Samouratt is ice type because it can learn ice beam or metagross a ground type because it can learn bulldoze and earthquake.

It would be odd for the new Mewtwo forme to get Geomancy, which is supposedly Xerneas' signature move - maybe it'll be part of a promotion where you can get it with both signature moves of X/Y's mascots, like we did with Victini (getting Reshiram and Zekrom's moves)?

And regarding Yvental's Oblivion Wing, many have suggested the move may be absorbing the "life" out of the target Pokémon and giving it to Yveltal, which would fit its destruction theme. Like it feeds on life energy.

Just for the record, Chespin is NOT constipated. He was sharpening his horn things. If you look closely, they get pointier.

Sigilyph looked beautiful in the video with the legendaries! Anyhow, Froakie coming out of the Pokeball = epic. Glad I'm choosing the little frogger. Yveltal's move draining hp is rather cool too.

Re: RE: (1) X/Y Gameplay and X/Y Anime Preview on ‘Pokemon Smash’ [7/20]

jdivinity said:
Sigilyph looked beautiful in the video with the legendaries! Anyhow, Froakie coming out of the Pokeball = epic. Glad I'm choosing the little frogger. Yveltal's move draining hp is rather cool too.

Xous said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It would be odd for the new Mewtwo forme to get Geomancy, which is supposedly Xerneas' signature move - maybe it'll be part of a promotion where you can get it with both signature moves of X/Y's mascots, like we did with Victini (getting Reshiram and Zekrom's moves)?

And regarding Yvental's Oblivion Wing, many have suggested the move may be absorbing the "life" out of the target Pokémon and giving it to Yveltal, which would fit its destruction theme. Like it feeds on life energy.

Reggie McGigas said:
Momaster12 said:

Drohn said:
Entrenador Rojo3 said:

It looks like Yveltal's move restores its own HP after the damage is inflicted.

I called that out a long time ago when the trailer came out. :p

Sent from my HTC One

there are some white(kind of purplish) stripes that seem to drain energy from that dragonite and salamence. after that some reddish orbs (the drained energy?) appear to glow around yveltal and then they are absorbed...

edit: they don't glow they just seem to be absorbed...

Ash is going to kill the Kalos region now that he's finished with Unova...

Why Ash, why do you have to ruin everything you touch?

Is it just me or does the animation after the player gets off the Pokemon surfing look extremely awkward and not smooth at all? (It reminds me of a Pikmin in the Pikmin games for some reason).

dmaster out.

Back