(1) 'XY' Opening a Remix of Season 1's Opening [1/17]

I dealt with the complaining about the anime because really, I could easily ignore everyone still enjoy it like usual, but know look what they've done, cant even get a fun new song. Its enough we've got 15 wonderful theme songs just for the English version and people still only care about the 1st one, this is just adding to the pile.

Is the song bad? NO, I like it just like just as much as anyone. Would I prefer some original content though? YES.

Hmm... I just noticed the more modern Pokémon opening songs are shorter than the older ones. Why is that?

BTW, Ash clearly doesn't want to capture all the Pokémon this series, as 12/13 episodes in and he's only caught 2 Kalos Pokémon. BW would of been a better series with Gotta Catch 'em All in it.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'm not a fan of the short openings anyway >.<

Ehhhhhh
The English openings are always mediocre.
The biggest improve ment however, would be:
Show more Dread Lord Fletchling.
I swear, if it doesn't evolve, I will be happy for once.

I for one, thought it was awesome!
I can't wait to hear the full version in Cocoon of Destruction.
This generation was the perfect time to bring back the original theme song and quote.

That's the power the original opening theme song had: its been over 14-years and they knew that nothing else could top it--just like the entire first generation of Pokemon...fan boys and girls, commence the hate.

Like I said in the other thread, I like the new theme but I think the original is just too perfect.

Reusing the old song could also link it to the game where you could own most of the old pokemon .. you even get to have the original starter.

Oh god, they brought it back, I THINK IM GOING TO CRY.

I love the remix, and I can not wait to hear the full version. Also I think the animation that goes with it is one of the best so far.

Love it. Love it. LOVE IT. LOVE IT.

This, in my opinion, is better than the original, and it's the best intro the anime has had in a long time. It makes want to start watching it!

Two thumbs up from me. Very happy they are using that song, as it is easily one of the most popular and recognizable themes.

I will admit to it being the best OP for a while, but I still like the Japanese OP more.
Also, who can't like Takeshi no Paradise?

Scorched Feathers said:
I will admit to it being the best OP for a while, but I still like the Japanese OP more.
Also, who can't like Takeshi no Paradise?

Unfortunately, Takeshi no Paradaise lasted only like 6 episodes because of complaints from parents.

As much as I was hoping for a whole new song, I'm can still say I'm happy they're reusing one of my favourites :) It is weird though they're reusing the 'Gotta catch 'em all' motto though. I mean, how the heck is Ash going to capture over 700 Pokémon? Never...

Ah looks like the video has been taken down. What a shame. I posted I guess a slightly controversial comment and so we had some nice friendly arguments flying around.

Anyways one of my first issues with this song is the length but I was recently informed that it's due to Cartoon Network's rule for intros. What a shame. :( I guess they cater to Cartoon Network primarily and everyone else just needs to follow. I don't like it, but it does make sense.

Back