(2) Zoroark Movie Song, Additional 'Lost Link' Card Translations [4/7]

RE: (1) Additional 'Lost Link' Card Translations [4/7]

It won't do anything. It prevents effects of attacks done to shedinja, not a players hand.

Asrialys said:
They need to stop giving all the love to Ghost Pokemon...

Actually, it's just gengar.

Absol Prime is great, I can see it becoming a good deck with the stadium card that makes you win if you have 6 Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Also, Gengar Prime could be played with it. I really hope that we don't get these cards because the meta will become stale. :(

I can predict the future metagame right now; one so incredibly fast that if somebody doesn't win within the first three turns of the game, something is SERIOUSLY wrong. The only decks that will be played are Gengar and Anti-Lost Zone (Unfortunately, due to that prediction, these decks will fail more than 90% of the time). Mew Prime and Rainbow Energy will become techs in every single deck, but energy acceleration is needed to get much use out of it. Palkia G Lv.X will also see a heck of a lot more play.

Honestly? If there isn't a card in this set that recovers cards from the Lost Zone, which will be EXTREMELY unlikely, cards from this set will literally take over the format, leaving us in the "Lost World Dynasty" ruled by Emperor Gengar Prime. Don't believe me? Check out popular stuff in this metagame that fails to gain power from these newer cards.

- Gyarados: It depends on the Magikarp in your discard pile. If they're in the Lost Zone instead, the entire deck falls apart.
- Machamp: Doesn't send stuff to the Lost Zone.
- Dialga G Lv.X: It DOES send stuff to the Lost Zone, but not Pokemon to fulfill the requirements for Lost World.
- Flygon: Doesn't send stuff to Lost Zone.
- Gengar: Gengar Prime is better in nearly every aspect. Gengar Prime lets you look at your opponent's hand for a single energy; Gengar requires two. Gengar Prime will most likely have a combination of spread and snipe, something that Gengar doesn't have. The only advantage that Gengar has over its Prime is their Poke-ability; Fainting Spell is much better than Gengar Prime's Poke-Body, since you're not supposed to knock out stuff with Gengar Prime. Also, Gengar doesn't send stuff to the Lost Zone.
- Nearly everything else: DOESN'T SEND STUFF TO LOST ZONE.

Honestly, if we get an equivalent of Banisher of the Radiance in this game, I'm going to start playing Unlimited. Why? Well, at least you're going to see more than 1 type of deck. And games will take 30 seconds to complete instead of 10.

I'd rant endlessly about this. But I won't, since if I do, the forums would slow down due to the massive size of this post.

I believe we will have a vileplume for stadiums this or next set to prevent brokenness (thats not corrected??)
I want these cards, true they are good but if the next set is better we will moan about that too.
Also I want to see a Gengar/Gatr/Smeargal/slowking Combo.
Go second and seek out Ghastly/Totodile/Smeargal and either trainer lock or energy search for a few turns while setting up a Gengar and Gatr while disrupting their draw. Energy link your energy from gatr to Gengar and remove as much of their hand as possible. Dropping damage on their un G'd cards and preventing their evolutions with slowking. eventually you drop 6 of their cards in the lost zone and lost world for the win.
Just an idea though.

PLease someone agree with me this set won't break pokemon TCG (Maybe todays format though)

Just a comment to the post above, Those deks dont use the lost zone because the whole lost link set was based around the lost zone. the metagame adapts, the creaters aren't stupid they won't allow a single deck type to dominate. although I feel if we get lost link before worlds then that will create a broken worlds unless the rest of these cards are good :) which IMO they will be.

Scnappy said:
the creaters aren't stupid they won't allow a single deck type to dominate.

Year 2008, Gardevoir/Magmortar

I can't believe it's taken someone this long to mention it...
gatr only attaches to water pokemon, therefore cannot attach to magnezone for gengar.

Magnezone Prime + Pachirisu HGSSU

just use that pokepower to get 100 damage a turn and just SSU the pachi :)

thats just my Idea Im sure everyone else has that idea aswell but I think that will be the best combo for magnezone after rotation unless we get some electivire SW card in the newer sets.

I think Magnezone is our new draw support in the format. As for Gengar Prime...could Cursegar get even more deadly? Just tech that in instead of Fainting Spell and lol at the results.

crm103top08 said:
I can't believe it's taken someone this long to mention it...
gatr only attaches to water pokemon, therefore cannot attach to magnezone for gengar.

It says your Pokemon, not Magnezone. Reread it if you don't believe me. The combo could work.

Gengar is a bit too good, i think. They should stop giving gengar all of this good stuff to play around with. Also Gengar w/ some quick thing to send pokes to lost zone will be BDIF. Also Jumpluff just died as did anything that uses a bench period. PGX kills anything that tries to run a bench at all, then just warp point, Gengar prime FTW. I love this set though.

Pokefan4000 said:
Honestly? If there isn't a card in this set that recovers cards from the Lost Zone, which will be EXTREMELY unlikely, cards from this set will literally take over the format, leaving us in the "Lost World Dynasty" ruled by Emperor Gengar Prime. Don't believe me? Check out popular stuff in this metagame that fails to gain power from these newer cards.

- Gyarados: It depends on the Magikarp in your discard pile. If they're in the Lost Zone instead, the entire deck falls apart.
- Machamp: Doesn't send stuff to the Lost Zone.
- Dialga G Lv.X: It DOES send stuff to the Lost Zone, but not Pokemon to fulfill the requirements for Lost World.
- Flygon: Doesn't send stuff to Lost Zone.
- Gengar: Gengar Prime is better in nearly every aspect. Gengar Prime lets you look at your opponent's hand for a single energy; Gengar requires two. Gengar Prime will most likely have a combination of spread and snipe, something that Gengar doesn't have. The only advantage that Gengar has over its Prime is their Poke-ability; Fainting Spell is much better than Gengar Prime's Poke-Body, since you're not supposed to knock out stuff with Gengar Prime. Also, Gengar doesn't send stuff to the Lost Zone.
- Nearly everything else: DOESN'T SEND STUFF TO LOST ZONE

Correction, use Flygon RR's Sand Wall to discard Lost World before they have a chance to use it to win the game automatically and prevent all damage done to Flygon during their next turn. I'm surprised you didn't even realize that.

Otherwise just Counter Stadium with Broken Time-Space or some other good Stadium. Heck I can
see Dusknoir Lv. X being a good counter against Lost World once it becomes a Stadium card with it's
own Poke-Power.

Gengar right now does sort of have a combination of spread and snipe, just look at Stormfront Gengar and the one from Platinum: Arceus. Run both in the same deck and you got something going for you.

amisheskimoninja said:
Man I hope we won't get these in America. Here's how I see this going:

Turn one, gengar player goes second. Rare candies, uses Plunge into darkness. Grabs a stage 1,2 or level up card that they player wasn't able to play because it was his first turn. Turn 2, gengar plays looker's attaches energy and lost zones 2 pokemon. Turn three, opponent frantically is searching his deck for something to kill gengar, does minor damage, fills up hand with pokes. Gengar player drops the stadium, and lost zones three pokes for the win.

You forgot about Spiritomb AR starts via Call Energy and Vileplume which shuts down Trainers. Vileplume depends If you Rare Candy Oddish on Turn 1 or 2 for the Trainer lockdown.

DNA said:
I think Magnezone is our new draw support in the format. As for Gengar Prime...could Cursegar get even more deadly? Just tech that in instead of Fainting Spell and lol at the results.

On the bright side Magnezone Prime is better than Staraptor FB Lv. X as a draw/search support tech
Post-Rotation If we get it in HS Unleashed or the next set afterward. I can see it being ran as a 2-1-2 line for consistency, 2 copies incase 1 Magnezone Prime is in your Prizes since the new Rotom isn't as good as Azelf LA with being able to "cherry pick" your own prizes for card advantage.

Scnappy said:
PLease someone agree with me this set won't break pokemon TCG (Maybe todays format though)

I hope to God not, plus with the way Nintendo or POP/PUI have been printing sets lately for the Pokemon TCG they've been doing a good job so far keeping the game balanced well however SP's are still a problem but hey the current metagame isn't that bad cause there's alot of decks that are tier 1 or 2 instead of just 1 deck dominating the format like in Yu-Gi-Oh! in Magic: The Gathering Standard Type 2 there's only 2 being Jund and Bant.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Also Jumpluff just died as did anything that uses a bench period.

Oh God don't tell me my Charizard deck died, as If Palkia G Lv. X was a nuisance enough as it is in Legos. It seems like people are gonna be running Palkia G Lv. X not for Legos anymore but for setting up the Lost World Win Condition and with Gengar Prime in conjunction with it along with maybe Looker's and the HGSS Noctowl Promo to see your Opponent's hand every turn that could make it alot easier to get the win going.

The link to the Ice Cream song isn't really helpful unless we can get the actual link (I tried clicking random things, and I couldn't find it.)

Oh well, a song about ice cream is still epic =P

This would be cool if I knew what to click to listen to the song.... Which thing do I click?

First up, the cards, or really, the cards that look good or are interesting!

Gengar is one insane card. The Poke-Body can be so broken when it comes to KOs. The first attack is plain awesome if there's lots of energies on Gengar. I can't wait to see Gengar's second attack when it will be fully translated. It will look pretty interesting I'm guessing.

Magnezone is indeed what may be the new Claydol we have been waiting for. In fact, he's great when it comes to the fact when you are low on cards in your hand. He just brings in more cards in your hand. He's also not too bad of an attacker I must say.

Now for the Zoroark Movie Song!

So, it is apparently going to be called Ice Cream Syndrome eh? Well, that sounds interesting, especially being a song based around ice cream as it seems. I can't wait for the song to come out.

So, I can't wait for Lost Link to come out because the set is going to be very interesting, and the 13th Pokemon movie song looks pretty interesting all right.

Garchomp SV might be a good counter against Gengar Prime, have Garchomp SV out absorbing damage and bounce energies back with Dragon Intimidation and they'll have a hard time putting more of your Pokemon in hand to the Lost Zone. Gengar Prime needs more energy attached to be effective even then it's Poke-Body helps for the Lost World win condition.

With Ampharos Prime as backup they'll take a damage counter for each energy attachment, even better If you get 2 copies out at once to double Connectivity. A simple Weavile SW tech can help to ensure Gengar Prime doesn't screw you over considering {D} Weakness but that's only If we get the Lost-Link Set cards before this year's rotation.

I can see DCE being a problem in aiding Gengar Prime even though against the Garchomp counter they'll be sending 1 Pokemon in your hand to the Lost Zone each turn and depending on what that Pokemon is it could ruin your deck strategy or severely limit what you intended to play.

I'm hoping Gengar Primes second attack is good, because it's already such a terrible card considering what we got in this set already. I'm loving how you guys think it'll ruin the game, so please continue your hype.

It's the new Stadium card Lost World that has people on edge, it's not just Gengar Prime. What I think is messed up is that If a Stage 2 hits the Lost Zone that's 3 Pokemon right there consisting of a Basic,
Stage 1, and Stage 2 and with Lost World saying that you can declare yourself the winner If there's 6 or more Pokemon cards in either you or your Opponent's Lost Zone that's just downright cheap.

Palkia G Lv. X could easily get 3 Pokemon in the Lost Zone with Lost Cyclone combined with Mew Prime to attack using whatever Pokemon is in your Lost Zone. Giratina Lv. X might see play again even though it's attack cost is high with a good Poke-Body that is absolutely nuts with Gengar Prime. This set might have single handedly killed Speedrill, Jumpluff, and Charizard.

Sure go ahead and fill your bench up or limit yourself to 2 benched Pokemon and 1 Active unless you want me to declare myself the winner with Lost World. Flygon's Sand Wall has nothing on it as before you discard it they might already have enough Pokemon cards in the Lost Zone to auto-win.

I'd say either ban or errata Lost World to where it's not quite as cheap of a card. Errata would be the best choice IMO cause it allows decks that use the Lost Zone Mechanic to be balanced though 6 doesn't seem like a good number I'd say maybe 8, 9, or 10?

Back