(4) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11-13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: (3) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11]

Awesome... you can now put Pokegear on your hand... yay... it's like a watch. Maybe we should call it 'Pokemon watch' or 'Poketch' for short? -.- I like the way the new girl put it on though

RE: (3) HeartGold and SoulSilver in CoroCoro, G/S Quiz, Video Game Showdown in Seattle [5/11]

*Gasps at the beautiful artwork*

Wow, it has been worth the wait for the Sugimori art. I also love the fact that there is a Celebi shrine event. I want Celebi so bad, since it is one of my favorite Pokemon. And they have the Shiny Pichu and Notch-Eared Pichu involved, too!!! I'm bursting with bouncy joyfulness right now. :)

Awesome. I think this summarizes up the whole game.

The new girl looks like she's wearing Mario's overalls. I will call her Maria from now on.

Larvitar's new art is awesome. Slugma and Teddiursa on the other hand...not so much.

The starter still follows you, even in Ecurteak(sp?)? No starter in Ilex Forest pic, so...does the first Pokemon in your party follow you around? If so, let's see Wailord following me in the Pokemon Center.

HOOOW CAN THEY TAKE MARINA OUT!!
That makes me sad, this new girl isn't even cool =(
Marina was perfectly fine:(
Ohwell.

Sad that they replaced the Female character. This new one doesn't look as good. On the other hand, the art is some of the best I've ever seen. (Obvious because it's practically the only good art of G/S since it has come out.) PokeGear looks cool, as does the locations (Ilex, the Well). I'm glad they stayed true to FR/LG with the intros to the places; that was a great addition.

Haven't watched the video game finals videos yet, but I will when I have time. Glad to see they're underway. You'd still have to get there early for a spot though. x_x Edit: Watched them. Juniors match was highly boring and uninteresting. Seniors was a little better, but only for TR. The person who lost sucks so much, I'm glad he lost. He broke Sleep Clause, by putting half of his opponent's team in one move, and that move shouldn't be able to be used, even if it's on Smeargle. Tsk-tsk, seeing these matches still makes me want to demolish their "rules".

And I guessed wrong on the last poll. Like usual. I haven't played G/S/C in forever. I guessed on the current poll as well. I can't remember the revealed pokemon past D/P. ;x

dmaster out.

gah, this game is so sweet ^^ i love ho-oh and lugia's artwork. not sure if i like the idea of having a new girl though.

When we assume it will be released aroung september, is that in Japan or America?

Japan. I assume that if anime goes back to Johto, this girl will be waiting for them

Xander said:
I just noticed, and didn't remember seeing anywhere mentioning it, that we can now also see the new PokeGear. It's been redesigned obviously, and looks much more like the Poketch (which I'm disappointed in, a bit), and I swear that looks like a camera on the side of them.

rockinpikachu said:
look at the new poketch. it seems none noticed that but me!

You were saying?

DemoV5 said:
Awesome... you can now put Pokegear on your hand... yay... it's like a watch. Maybe we should call it 'Pokemon watch' or 'Poketch' for short? -.- I like the way the new girl put it on though

The PokeGear was worn like a watch, and had a more watch-like appearance originally.

They just couldn't create the girl character without the mini-skirt, could they?

EDIT: It's not even a mini-skirt. There overals.

all i want is for nintendo not to screw up Team Rocket's theme music. man that was the greatest theme ever.

Well GBATemp found the release date in Japan, it gonna be released on 9/11/09.
Pre-orders will start on July 20, which interestingly enough, is the same date of Advent of Arceus' premier

But seriously, I miss Kris. the new girl character is THE WORST trainer design they've ever thought of. I mean, overalls!? Especially on a girl?

The old female trainer looked awful. This is much better. She looks like Mario haha!

Maybe it'll stop some of the older male players from drooling over images of a 10 year old anime girl for once.

That'd be nice.

This is sad. I really liked the design of Krys (female character), but whatever. The new design doesn't look so bad.

Man this sounds pretty cool. I hope the tower will be a new addition and I hope the girls name will be release and I hope a full discription is given as well.:)

Ahhhh the new Ken artwork is awwwwsooome :DDD
The chick looks weird with the retro hat :l sorta creepin me out ha
I hope they bring the phone back, its gets people more involved with the game.
And if they dont re-adjust the locations of half the poke's (ex: in gold you couldnt get slugma till fushia city) well uh, idk, it'll just suck :(

I like it, to be honest. I prefer Krys, but her role makes no sense for these remakes. It was a logical decision to create a new female character, and I don't really see much problem with it. She wears overalls, big deal. Dare we forget Misty, who wore boyish clothes, and yet is still the most popular female character from the anime?

Yes, I know anime =/= games. But that aside, the comparison stands. They both dress with somewhat boyish outfits, so why care about one and not the other?

Course, I still don't see why guys who play the games are concerned about the female character. I never understood why a guy would play a female, though, either..

xxashxx said:
Man this sounds pretty cool. I hope the tower will be a new addition and I hope the girls name will be release and I hope a full discription is given as well.:)

What tower? Sprout Tower has always been part of the game, as were Tin Tower and Brass Tower. If you're meaning Battle Tower, I wouldn't be surprised as it's been kind of set as a standard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back