• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

A Symphony of Toad and... Evil? (M Absol EX / Seismitoad EX / Yveltal)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Pokemon: 11

• 3 Absol EX
    2 M Absol EX
    3 Seismitoad EX
    3 Yveltal XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    2 Ghetsis

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Roller Skates
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Float Stone
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Repeat Ball
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Sacred Ash

2 Virbank City Gym
Energy: 12

• 8 Darkness Energy
    4 DCE

With Seismitoad as a generally annoying and easy to power attacker, set up Mega Absol, using it to (hopefully) thin out the opponents Trainers. Use Seismitoad to do the usual Seismitoad stuff, lock the Items in hand, drop Ghetsis a few times (with VS Seeker's help) and use Float Stone to bounce back and forth from locking with Toad to doing actual damage with Absol. Yveltal is used as recovery and as another cheap attacker.

It's a really rough sketch and I'm certain I forgot some important stuff, but that's the idea so far. Feel free to comment and add your opinion, like I said there's probably loads of stuff I didn't think of.

RE: A Symphony of Toad and... Evil? M Absol EX/Seismitoad EX/Yveltal

Mega Absol looks just so amazing. What a shame it doesn't have its own spirit link :(

Overall I've found interesting the concept you are suggesting but given that you are going to use Seismitoad+Ghetsis to increase the probabilities of revealing a training card from your opponent's deck... wouldn't it be better to run another copy of Ghetsis to gain easy access to it?
By the way, I am not a big fan of Skates as a drawing engine (coins seem to hate me) so I would try to change them for something "safer" like acrobikes. They add a lot of consitency to decks like this.
FInally, I consider that the stadiums could be switched to Shadow Circles because Fighting is really popular right now and it can give your attackers a great resistance.

Thanks for your post.

Adding another Ghetsis was something I really did want to do, but didn't know what to switch out. I have better luck than most with Skates, and without LaserBank I won't be able to do too much damage with Toad, although the item lock is usually enough.

I don't really fear Fighting, although Primal Groudon is quite powerful, around my area Landorus EX is far more popular, (and Water weak) so as long as Absol gets released before BCR rotates I'll have that meta to deal with instead of the less favourable Groudon one.

But anyway, I'll just sub a Skate for another Ghetsis, 4 Skates is kind of overkill anyhow.

Looks like a great deck so far! I have a few comments...
I do not think 3 Absol EX are necessary. I understand that one may be Prized, but having one leftover Absol in the deck wasting space is not great either.

Mega Absol's attack can be excellently paired with Trick Shovel (http://pokebeach.com/scans/flashfire/98-trick-shovel.jpg). This item allows you to confirm that the top of your opponent's deck is a Trainer, and if it is not, you can discard it to increase the chances of the next card BEING a trainer. It is also great with Toad, as it can discard what would have been a good topdeck (a supporter or energy), and force another dead draw (an item).

+2 Trick Shovel
-1 Absol EX
-1 Sacred Ash (Or really anything else, Ash is just a suggestion)

I get that Absol isn't exactly good, but I'd rather have a spare over just having one in the deck and 2 of the Mega in case the first is prized. If none are, nothing stops me from tossing it aside with Ultra Ball for something I do need at the time.

Trick Shovel is neat, would have to do some testing with Absols proxied to make sure it isn't too gimmicky. The Ash isn't bad, so I would probably cut the Repeats since with Ultras + Supporters they really aren't needed.

Back