• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aerodactyl & Friends (Tornadus/Registeel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
Pokemon (10)

(2) Registeel
(2) Tornadus EX
(2) Tornadus
(2) Terrakion
(4) Aerodactyl

T/S/S (35)

(3) Juniper
(4) N
(3) Cheren
(3) Twist Mountain
(3) Random Reciever
(2) Ultra Ball
(2) Heavy Ball
(2) Level Ball
(3) Eviolite
(3) Energy Switch
(3) Switch
(3) Pokemon Catcher
(1) Super Rod

Energy (13)

(5) Fighting
(4) Metal
(4) DCE

Main Idea of this deck is to apply pressure early. With the use of Twist Mountain I can add more pressure with Aerodactyl. Tornadus EX is great here because I can take advantage of twist mountain with blow through. Tornadus is a great early attacker because he can cycle energy early in the game. Registeel is also a good attcker here because he can use Triple Laser for {C}{C}{C} to do 30 to three of the opponents pokemon. Also with the use of the blend energy I can use his second attack Protect Charge. Eviolite is awesome in this deck because Tornadus/EX can buffer 40 damage from all fighting pokemon and with Registeel's second attack I can buffer 40 also. I am sort of stuck on the trainers, I feel like I have enough search cards along with disruption and recover cards.

-Thanks for all the help and interest!

I think I'd swap an Energy Switch (I'm assuming this is for Terrakion. If so, then two is fine.) and a Cheren for two Junipers. I think that in this format, everything should run four Junipers.

True ^^^ Just I feel like if I use juniper, I am discarding a lot of stuff I would need. Juniper also helps you deck out. I am also thinking about swapping out the blend for just fighting energy because with energy switch I can't switch the blend.

Also, should I just use Tornadus EX and spam hammers? I think being consistant is the key, maybe keep terrakion to troll on the Electric decks?

pkolaboy said:
True ^^^ Just I feel like if I use juniper, I am discarding a lot of stuff I would need. Juniper also helps you deck out. I am also thinking about swapping out the blend for just fighting energy because with energy switch I can't switch the blend.

In most instances it's worth it. Unless you have two Garchomp and both Super Rod...

And if you take out the Blend, then I don't think Registeel is worth it in here. You're doing 80+ while resisting 40. You're 2HKO'ing everything.

Perhaps you could use Metal Energy instead of Blend Energy? The only things you need specific energy for are Terrakion and Registeel EX so it should work out fine with your 3 Energy Switch.

Mora said:
In most instances it's worth it. Unless you have two Garchomp and both Super Rod...

And if you take out the Blend, then I don't think Registeel is worth it in here. You're doing 80+ while resisting 40. You're 2HKO'ing everything.

That is true about Juniper, I will increase it to 3 and see how I like that. But if I have at least one-two Aerodactyl I can start OHKO'ing stuff.

bagleopard said:
Perhaps you could use Metal Energy instead of Blend Energy? The only things you need specific energy for are Terrakion and Registeel EX so it should work out fine with your 3 Energy Switch.

This is also true. I was just worried about pulling the correct energy. I am not even sure if Registeel's second attack is worth the hassle. With Garchomp at large, running DCE is already bold so I am going to drop the blend. What would be the most effective way of defeating the Garchomp/Algeria decks? Turn two anything in this deck is possible + the energy needed is stupid. Crushing hammer is barely an insult to this deck.

i think the pokemon line should look like this:

3 tornadus ex
1 mewtwo ex
3 aerodactyl
2 tornadus

with tornadus ex and dce, so long as you have twist mountain in play, you can donk for 80-90 depending on how many aerodactyl are in play. tornadus is there for bigger damage output, and mewtwo is mewtwo.
you don't have to run much energy, maybe 4 dce and 3 fighting, so you can tamper with what consistency cards you run. i suggest the following:

4 juniper
3 n
3 random receiver
2 bicycle
1 computer search

with these, my numbers equate to 29, meaning that is half your deck. you should definitely run 3/4 twist mountain, as well as 3 level ball and 3 ultra ball. tool scrapper should be there for DarkGarb matchup, i suggest 1-2 copies, as is the choice these days. maybe boost your energy count to 10, 6 fighting and 4 dce, just to get extra damage with mewtwo. maybe tech in 1/2 terrakion ltr, as electric matchups are really quite unfavourable.the blastoise matchup is great if you can go second with a tornadus ex, twist mountain and dce, cause you ohko there squirtles so long as they have to have it active.to help with this, run 2-3 catchers.
my full list is:

pokemon-11
3 tornadus ex
1 mewtwo ex
3 aerodactyl
2 tornadus
1 terrakion
1 mr mime

t/s/s-39
4 juniper
3 n
3 random receiver
2 bicycle

1 computer search
2 catcher
3 ultra ball
3 level ball
4 muscle band
3 max revive
1 potion
2 tool scrapper
2 switch
3 old amber
3 twist mountain

energy-10
4 psychic
2 fighting
4 dce

hope you agree, and if you don't, please feel free to say what you think

We should have acted, but they were already here. The Elder Rules told of their return; the Thread Necromancer's defeat was merely a delay. After the time when the Pages of Old were opened, when the players of Pokemon copy/pasted other people's decks as their own. But no one wanted to believe -- believe they could exist -- but when the truth came, it came with the resurrection of a two year thread. But... There is one the Necromancers fear! In their tongue is Kecleon, Moderator!

Bakudo Number One! Sai!

*Thread becomes locked because of huge necromancy*

(Seriously. Oh my gosh the thread reanimation. Guys. This is a two year old thread. Two years. Please. Read when the last post was before you post something. Thread necromancy is not allowed and will cause the thread to be immediately locked, if not a warning on the person who posted.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back