Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Do you think Togekiss Ex and Emboar Ex will be in the English set as well? Would be logical, wouldn't it?

My ideas/predictions for this set:
- Bellossom (due to Vileplume being in the set)
- Guess Virizion means the other members of Swords Of Justice are in the set.
- I think Hoopa (Confined) will appear (possible also Ex)
- If Celebi promo and Lugia Ex are in the set. Why not Ho-oh as well? And that opens doors (or Hoopa Rings) for the Legendary Dogs as well. Especially since they appear in ORAS.
- I hope Mega Ampharos and Mega Sceptile will come in two versions.
- I still think the Metagross and Regirock cards in the promo material are dummies or placeholders. They can do better with the art work.

The cards between (...) are guesses, thoughts)
ODDISH
GLOOM
VILEPLUME
(BELLOSSOM)
(CELEBI)
SCEPTILE EX
M SCEPTILE EX
(LEAFEON)
COTTONEE
WHIMSICOTT
VIRIZION (12)
(FLAREON)
(HO-OH)
EMBOAR EX
(VAPOREON)
REGICE
(GLACEON)
KYUREM EX (25)
(KELDEO)
JOLTEON
AMPHAROS EX
M AMPHAROS EX
(ESPEON)
UNOWN (30)
(HOOPA EX) (35)
HOOPA EX (36)
MACHAMP EX (37)
REGIROCK
(TERRAKION)
(UMBREON)
TYRANITAR EX
M TYRANITAR EX
(SABLEYE)
BELDUM
METANG
METAGROSS
REGISTEEL
(COBALION)
RALTS
KIRLIA
GARDEVOIR
TOGEKISS EX
(SYLVEON)
(M AMPHAROS EX)
(M SCEPTILE EX)
EEVEE
LUGIA EX (68)
(REGIGIGAS)
ACE TRAINER (76)
AMPHAROS SPIRIT LINK
PAINT ROLLER
SCEPTILE SPIRIT LINK
TYRANITAR SPIRIT LINK

I don't remember since it's been awhile, but did the first 2 ETB's come with like plastic dividers? The ones lately are horrible. They do their job, but I don't like the texture, don't know why but it bothers me.

Hihihi, that's funny, because I really prefer the new ones! :p
Well, to each its own.
But I haven't opened my Roaring Skies ETB yet, will be opened next week on my Birthday! :D

But yeah, I'm also bummed that they keep using that same Chespin coin with the Booster Blisters. -_-

Ohman, that art is amazing. :O This is shaping up to be a super sweet set.

Wait a second. Shouldn't that double typing completely eliminate the drawback of doing extra damage with Superpower?

Wait a second. Shouldn't that double typing completely eliminate the drawback of doing extra damage with Superpower?

Not very competitive myself, but if you're correct young sir... :eek::eek::eek:

Also I believe the regular Golett and Golurk will be F as we've already seen P Golett and Golurk 4 sets back.

WoW I love the artwork :O

About the card (competitively talking) is a very interesting card:

Prevent Crobat Damage for its Ancient Trait, and being a Psychic its inmune to Wobbu's Ability. It can use Strong and Mistery Energys. With Dimension Valley it can attack for 3 Energies (or Double and a Basic), it can attached Focus Band. And the best combo is New Jolteon/Golurk HA:

Golurk would attack x2 to: all Lightning and Colorless Pokémon (with Fighting and Lightning type), almost all Psychic and Water Pokémon. With a Double Colorless and a Basic, Muscle Band, New Jolteon and Dimension Valley would do 180 to all the Pokémon listed above.

Fear the coolest Golurk ever jajaja :p

Yes, yes it should.

Which makes me think we're going to get a Tool in this set that shuts down abilities. Because the is currently no way to shut down this ability and make superpower actually have a draw back

Yes, yes it should.

Which makes me think we're going to get a Tool in this set that shuts down abilities. Because the is currently no way to shut down this ability and make superpower actually have a draw back
No, self-inflict damages are not affected by weakness and resistance.

The artwork is c-r-a-z-y!!! And I see a lot of potential in this card, awesome!!

The artwork is c-r-a-z-y!!! And I see a lot of potential in this card, awesome!!
Yes they are, otherwise Nidoqueen AT PCL would not need the "Don't apply weakness to this damage" line for it's recoil damage

Nidoqueen-Primal-Clash-69.jpg

Last edited:

I suggest you go and ask a official professor like the one that answered me just above about self-inflicted damage. How about inquiring about the topic of Mew-EX using Azumarill's Superpower attack from PRC? I'm sure you'll find that you're wrong.

I love this you can give him 3 types with jolteon and he will be able to use 3 special energy types. Hopefully the electric one is good. But yeah he does still DO damage to himself self inflicted damage isn't affected by weakness or resistance.

I love this you can give him 3 types with jolteon and he will be able to use 3 special energy types. Hopefully the electric one is good. But yeah he does still DO damage to himself self inflicted damage isn't affected by weakness or resistance.

Once again:

Nidoqueen-Primal-Clash-69.jpg

Notice the "Don't apply Weakness to this damage" line on the second attack for the recoil damage?

There is no meta ruling for self inflicted damage to not apply weakness or resistance. The Pokemon attacking is not benched, which would be the only way to avoid Weakness and Resistance. It's pretty similar to why recoil damage KOs allows your opponent to take a prize.

Recoil damage is affected by weakness and resistance.

Hmmmmm guys....Golurk has Dark Weakness, ONLY Dark Weakness, even if it is Psychic and Fighting (even Lightning). Add types to a card doesn't add Weakness or Resistance, for that there isn't a clause for that attack, because Golurk has no Weakness for Psychic types.

And i think its Resistance doesn't apply to that attack. If yes there would be something that said that.

Last edited:
Great, we've got a good Stage 1 attacker! Stopping all Abilities from affecting it is awesome. the Ability means it gets benefits from Fighting boosts like Machamp and Fighting Stadium, and dual Typing means that adding Jolteon makes you a triple type powerhouse that can put coverage on at least 40% of Weaknesses. Sadly, 4 Energy is kind of hard to get around. Maybe something like Bronzong would work in addition to Strong Energy and Fighting Stadium? Of course, then you would barely have room for a Jolteon line.

I might as well take this time to cover all of the Abilities in XY-onwards that can't get through Theta Stop. Ones listed in * represent ones that are especially more common. I would like to note that the Ability seems to only stop effects done to the Pokemon WITH the trait, so damage reduction Abilities like Furfrou XY and Aurorus FUF would still reduce. Let me know if I missed one.
-
Chesnaught XY
Greninja XY
Swellow XY
Qwilfish FLF
Forretress FLF *
Dragalge FLF *
Victreebel FUF
Hawlucha-EX FUF
Pyroar PHF
Golbat / Crobat PHF *
Chandelure PHF