Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

It seems like this card would be good, but Mega Rayquaza-EX is all about speed, so I'm not sure if the substituted Trait is worth it in the long run. If you're playing a Crayquaza variant that will need a bit more setup like Bronzray or Aromaray, then this is much better, but the standard Crayquaza with Shaymin-EX and Hoopa-EX will probably stick with the Delta Version.

I personally think the Delta Evolution one is better, Buuuut....This is going to look Beautiful in the binder. oooh man. The front page is gonna be a lot nicer. :D

This treatment won't be as nice for the other two. Omega Barrier and Alpha Growth are much better and suited for the cards than the Theta traits. Omega Barrier is a big part of M Groudon EX. I can see instances of Theta Max being played over Delta Evolution, or a split.

This treatment won't be as nice for the other two. Omega Barrier and Alpha Growth are much better and suited for the cards than the Theta traits. Omega Barrier is a big part of M Groudon EX. I can see instances of Theta Max being played over Delta Evolution, or a split.

Poor Groudon and Kyogre. They'll just end up being shiny pretty things for the binder, sadly. I wanted my Kyo deck shinified. Unless out of pure chance he gets alpha growth(which won't happen), it could end up being purely binder-only. Ray might see play, maybe in a Delta and theta combo? Hopefully the art on Groudon and Kyogre is better, because personally, the FA regular M-ray is better art-wise in my opinion.

I guess its actually better for players that the shinys not be as playable as thier normal counterparts because , obviously these guys are going to be pricey!!!
These are going to end up being 30 to 40 dollar cards in english and in Japanese, 1st edition.....i dont even want to know lol regular mega ray full art 1st ed is still going for 60 to 70 bucks lol
Although UR's are a little easier to pull than SR's in Japanese boxes.

I think they might be lower than their regular FA versions. The Groudon and Kyogre anyways, because how high the price of a card is depends on two factors.

-Do collectors like it? If they find it as rarer. Money goes up. Like charizard shadowless whatever, Illustrator, to name a few.

-Is it good in the metagame? If so, then also. Money goes up for a limited time, until they're rotated out, then they might stay for expanded, then maybe if anyone goes for unlimited, which isn't even a tournament thing.

Although sometimes the two factors aren't always true, it's mostly like that. Groudon and Kyogre will be higher in the collector department than the competitive one, unless somehow they become competitive. Theta traits probably won't do them any good though. Ray will probably be the most expensive of the three, as he's good in both of those factors. Nonetheless, the RS one will probably see more play, but you never know. Plus-What do I know? I'm probably wrong with all of this. XD

But what decks have you been playing against? Any competitive archetypes? I'm sure my Primal Groudon/Wobbuffet will destroy your deck. Just kidding! ;)
Eh, for the most part. I've been testing against my friend's decks, which are Night March and a Swampert AT/Empoleon deck. We're playing with no Trump Card too. I've also been playing online against various people; lots of Toads. Haven't seen a Groudon yet sadly.

I think it makes a good one-of in a Rayquaza deck. Remember, Rayquaza cannot burn through the deck like crazy anymore, and the Delta Trait really is only useful turn 1. My current builds at least rely more on Winona, and being able to sponge a hit with Rayquaza EX, and then Winona for the Theta trait, makes the deck more versatile.

Yep, that's the same one. And it's gorgeous! I hope Kyogre and Groudon look as good. :D

Ray decks work best cause of the sheer speed of T1 high damage. Theta Max is a neat trait but this will be at most a 1-of split. Delta Evolution is just to good.

Back