• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Aromatisse / Kangaskhan-EX / Yveltal-EX

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Pokémon (17):

• 3 Xerneas XY
    3 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse
    2 Yveltal-EX
    1 Xerneas-EX
    2 Kangaskhan-EX
    2 M Kangaskhan-EX
    1 Virizion-EX
    1 Charizard-EX (Stoke)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33):

• 4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 AZ

3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Evosoda
    1 Dowsing Machine

3 Fairy Garden
Energy (10):

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    6 Fairy Energy

Strategy:

Xerneas gets the deck rolling, getting Energy in play and eventually powering up stuff. Aromatisse is to move Energy around, allowing me to use Max Potions and AZ with no drawibacks. Fairy Garden for free retreat, Charizard-EX for Virigen, Virizion-EX for protection, and Xerneas-EX, M Kan and Yveltal-EX to attack.

Vom said:
Pokémon (17):

• 3 Xerneas XY
    3 Spritzee XY
    2 Aromatisse
    2 Yveltal-EX
    1 Xerneas-EX
    2 Kangaskhan-EX
    2 M Kangaskhan-EX
    1 Virizion-EX
    1 Charizard-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33):

• 4 Juniper
    4 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 AZ

3 Max Potion
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Evosoda
    1 Dowsing Machine

3 Fairy Garden
Energy (10):

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    6 Fairy Energy

Strategy:

Xerneas gets the deck rolling, getting Energy in play and eventually powering up stuff. Aromatisse is to move Energy around, allowing me to use Max Potions and AZ with no drawibacks. Fairy Garden for free retreat, Charizard-EX for Virigen, Virizion-EX for protection, and Xerneas-EX, M Kan and Yveltal-EX to attack.

Hey, just wondering how you're liking the Virizion EX over Keldeo EX. I always have a difficult time with this decision. Virizion EX protects from status and lowers the chance of OHKO's from Yveltal EX variants, whereas Keldeo EX can still get you out of sleep/paralysis but can also OHKO Donphan. (Here is my list if you wish to take a look: Fairy Tool Box)

why not run both and run one less mega kangaskhan the odds of going mega twice in a battle are low. but the second one helps with one being prized. i run into similar issues all the time with my mega kangaskhan deck. i run a virizion and want to add keldeo by pulling out suicune but am tense about the situation. I like adding an AZ to the mix.

batPokemonMan said:
why not run both and run one less mega kangaskhan the odds of going mega twice in a battle are low. but the second one helps with one being prized. i run into similar issues all the tie with my mega kangaskhan deck. i run a virizion and want to add keldeo by pulling out suicune but am tense about the situation. I like adding an AZ to the mix.

In this build that could be alright. A majority of Aromatisse/Kangaskhan decks are playing a 1-1 line for Pyroar. So, Vom, if you chose to, you could go:

-1 Kangashan EX
-1 M Kangaskhan EX
+1 Keldeo EX
+1 Surprising Megaphone

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! :D
First of all, I prefer Virizion EX. The reason for this is that it forces Yveltal EX variants (or anything reliant on Hypnotoxic Laser) to use more resources to attack, and then the Yveltal with all the energy is stuck active, ready to be KOed and my opp loses all of his energy in the proxess. Xerneas EX is a BIG help in this match-up, as its snipe combos really well with X-Blast. I actually am considering adding a second one. Also, it can OHKO Donphan, that's why I actually never considered Keldeo. But now that I did, I wouldn't run him. The weakness to grass really kills it in a metagame where Virigen is everywhere.
2-2 M Kangaskhan line is vital for me, as M Kan is one of my main attackers and isn't searchable by Fan Club. I'm adding the Megaphone, but Idk what to take out.

Vom said:
Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! :D
First of all, I prefer Virizion EX. The reason for this is that it forces Yveltal EX variants (or anything reliant on Hypnotoxic Laser) to use more resources to attack, and then the Yveltal with all the energy is stuck active, ready to be KOed and my opp loses all of his energy in the proxess. Xerneas EX is a BIG help in this match-up, as its snipe combos really well with X-Blast. I actually am considering adding a second one. Also, it can OHKO Donphan, that's why I actually never considered Keldeo. But now that I did, I wouldn't run him. The weakness to grass really kills it in a metagame where Virigen is everywhere.
2-2 M Kangaskhan line is vital for me, as M Kan is one of my main attackers and isn't searchable by Fan Club. I'm adding the Megaphone, but Idk what to take out.

I care for Xerneas EX also, the only issue for me is in the area I live there is a ton of steel and Donphan and scarce Virizion/Genesect So I dropped my Xerneas EX as Aegislash EX quickly dispatches it with 3 steel energy. As for Megaphone, its rough deciding what to drop; at least 1 should be in there, otherwise Garbodor can be more problematic.

Well our metas are completely different XD In my area it's like 75% Random Decks, 10% Virigen, 5% Pyroar, 5% Blastoise/Keldeo and 5% Seismitoad :p

is there no need to run dce in this deck anymore. i run two and i feel like noone else running these decks are using them anymore. i run 6 fairy 4 rainbow and two dce. i wonder if i should pull the dce and add one more xerneas xy and maybe a fire type of some kind since there are a few steel decks in my area

i like both lists i see on here

Back