• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Articuno EX/Garbodor

Joltic said:
Articuno? There are so many better attackers in the format, why articuno? I just see no synergy between articuno and garbodor. Maybe try darkrai/garbodor since its the best garbodor variant out there. It's quite hard to utilise garbodor in the new format with lots of people playing tool scrapper, so it's good if you can get it working :)

Darkari/Garbodor is mainly a tech for against decks and it is def not the best in the format right now as it kills darkari's ability. I use Articuno for the paralyze from it and garbodor to keep stuff from using abilitys to stop me from locking them down. I've play tested this deck against the main decks Ver/Gen, Plasma, Big basics ect... and it holds it own without a problem from tool scrapper since mainly people will only have two per deck and even with Sable eye I've been able to shut down tool scrapper adn junk hunt very easy since Sableye can't use it once paralyzed. Just wondering as well what would be you " many better attackers"?

When you said "darkrai/Garbodor is mainly a tech against decks and it is def not the best in the format right now as it kills darkari's ability". That is not all that correct since darkrai/garbodor did make top 8 at worlds and is still a very formidable deck in this new format. I would defiantly recommend testing it out since it still has a lot of good Mach ups around the meta game.

Joltic said:
When you said "darkrai/Garbodor is mainly a tech against decks and it is def not the best in the format right now as it kills darkari's ability". That is not all that correct since darkrai/garbodor did make top 8 at worlds and is still a very formidable deck in this new format. I would defiantly recommend testing it out since it still has a lot of good Mach ups around the meta game.

The decks have completely different purposes. Articuno/Garbodor is a pure lock deck. No abilities and stuck in the active position. No doubt Darkrai/ Garbs is a good deck...but its not what he is trying to accomplish.

MMAmonchan said:
Joltic said:

The decks have completely different purposes. Articuno/Garbodor is a pure lock deck. No abilities and stuck in the active position. No doubt Darkrai/ Garbs is a good deck...but its not what he is trying to accomplish.

Thank you for clearing that up for him, if I wanted to play Darkrai/Garbodor I would be playing it but don't want to be one of the many people I'm sure right now that are running out to copy the world champions deck list cause they think it's good. Don't get me wrong it's good no doubt about it but it was more the player than the deck I'd say.

So did some play testing this weekend have have found the awesomeness of Thunderous EX. Updated the list to reflect newest changes.

Back