• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Batios (M Latios EX / Crobat)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Pokemon: 19
  • 3 Latios-EX
  • 3 M-Latios-EX
  • 4 Zubat PLS
  • 4 Golbat PHF
  • 3 Crobat PHF
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 3 Latios Spirit Link
  • 2 Dimension Valley
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Water Energy

Strategy:

The basic strategy of this deck is to set up M-Latios-EX with Mega Turbos and DDE to be sniping 120 damage each turn. With Bats, this damage can increase, with 2 Crobats + M-Latios 1-hit KOing most basic EXs. The deck runs Shaymin-EX for draw power, thus requiring less Supporters, and also allowing combos such as draw + Trump to get back valuable resources. Super Scoop Up can be used to reuse both Shaymin and the Bats. The Dimension Valley inclusion is primarily a Stadium counter, but can be used to allow the Bats to attack for free when necessary.

New Cards:
Latios-EX - Dragon - HP170
Basic Pokemon

[P] Fast Raid: 40 damage. This attack can be used on your first turn.
[W][P][P][C] Light Pulse: 110 damage. Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

M Latios-EX - Dragon - HP220
Mega Evolution - Evolves from Latios-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

[W][P][C] Sonic Ace: Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon. Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 120 damage to that Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Shaymin-EX - Colorless - HP110
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Setup
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this Pokemon from your hand to your Bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

[C][C] Sky Return: 30 damage. Return this Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Trainer's Post - Trainer
Item

Look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose 1 Trainer card you find there (except Trainer's Post), reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Mega Turbo - Trainer
Item

Attach 1 basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Mega Evolved Pokemon in play.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Latios Spirit Link - Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

Your turn does not end if the Pokemon this card is attached to becomes M Latios-EX.

Double Dragon Energy - Special Energy

This card can only be attached to an [N] Pokemon. While attached to an [N] Pokemon, this card provides every type of Energy but provides 2 Energy at a time.

(If this card is attached to anything other than an [N] Pokemon, discard this card.)

Last edited:
I like the Idea. I would probably just take the rainbow energy out for 2 water energy. The rainbow energy really isnt needed here because it will pobably only ever be used as a water energy, and you will not be able to use mega turbo to get the rainbow energy back.

I'd replace the dimension valleys with silent labs. It helps against a few match ups and especially against the accursed mime.

I would run 1 or 2 max potion. You can get the energy back onto Mega Latios anyway with mega turbo. Plus it'll make your opponent go nuts!

Chipadat said:
I would run 1 or 2 max potion. You can get the energy back onto Mega Latios anyway with mega turbo. Plus it'll make your opponent go nuts!

Remember you get a maximum of 4 in your deck. If you use them to accelerate, recover from your attack, and recover from Max Potion, you would have huge problems.
Maybe a Wally or 2 would help get the M Latios in play.

On a side note, what's a Crobot? I think I missed that scan :v

Aviste said:
I'd replace the dimension valleys with silent labs. It helps against a few match ups and especially against the accursed mime.
I don't really want to split Stadiums. Bats also can be used to KO the mime, while using Silent Labs makes the Shaymin unplayable.

Chipadat said:

Not a bad idea... but it's a bit difficult. I've also got Super Scoop Ups, which function pretty similar to Max Potion anyway, so I feel they'd be unneeded.

Vom said:
Chipadat said:

Remember you get a maximum of 4 in your deck. If you use them to accelerate, recover from your attack, and recover from Max Potion, you would have huge problems.

Wally can't be used on EXs, while Crobot is this.

bbninjas said:
Aviste said:
I don't really want to split Stadiums. Bats also can be used to KO the mime, while using Silent Labs makes the Shaymin unplayable.

Chipadat said:

Not a bad idea... but it's a bit difficult. I've also got Super Scoop Ups, which function pretty similar to Max Potion anyway, so I feel they'd be unneeded.

Vom said:

Wally can't be used on EXs, while Crobot is this.

Oh true Dx *derp*
That's a Crobat :p

Hmm... Have you thought about adding a couple Target Whistles to the deck? With low-HP EX-s whose main purpose is sitting on the bench as help in draw, like Jirachi or Shaymin, who Latios kills in one hit, that a lot decks are running, you could put them back on the bench, and snipe them again, and again. Don't know what should you get rid of for them, since it's just a loose idea, but, why not try this?

Lovin' this idea. It finally is a new idea that doesn't give me cancer.

The two dimension valley aren't really necessary, and neither are the 3 Shaymin. I wouldn't mind playing 1 or 2, but 3 is a little overkill. Rayquaza is going to git gud when it comes out, so Dedenne and Raichu are going to gain popularity too. Raichu can easily snipe Shaymin.

-1 Shaymin-EX
-2 Dimension Valley
-1 Super Scoop Up
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Mega Turbo
-1 Battle Compressor

+3 Silent Lab
+1 Scoop Up Cyclone
+3 Water Energy
+1 N/AZ
+1 Skyla

Not seeing why you aren't running AZ or Cyclone. Both are almost necessary to make this deck git gud. Rainbow is needed either, as you already have Dragon Energy. Water is better.
Silent Lab is needed to snipe the bench when a Mr. Mime is there, but Zubat has the Free Flight ability though. I recommend adding the PHF Zubat in place of the PLS ones if you add Silent Lab.
Overall the list is good! It could use some touching up but from what I've seen, it is great!

Hmm... Have you thought about adding a couple Target Whistles to the deck? With low-HP EX-s whose main purpose is sitting on the bench as help in draw, like Jirachi or Shaymin, who Latios kills in one hit, that a lot decks are running, you could put them back on the bench, and snipe them again, and again. Don't know what should you get rid of for them, since it's just a loose idea, but, why not try this?

I could see it possibly working... but I honestly don't feel like I have the space for it and it does seem too situational compared to the other cards in the deck.

Lovin' this idea. It finally is a new idea that doesn't give me cancer.

The two dimension valley aren't really necessary, and neither are the 3 Shaymin. I wouldn't mind playing 1 or 2, but 3 is a little overkill. Rayquaza is going to git gud when it comes out, so Dedenne and Raichu are going to gain popularity too. Raichu can easily snipe Shaymin.

-1 Shaymin-EX
-2 Dimension Valley
-1 Super Scoop Up
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Psychic Energy
-1 Mega Turbo
-1 Battle Compressor

+3 Silent Lab
+1 Scoop Up Cyclone
+3 Water Energy
+1 N/AZ
+1 Skyla

Not seeing why you aren't running AZ or Cyclone. Both are almost necessary to make this deck git gud. Rainbow is needed either, as you already have Dragon Energy. Water is better.
Silent Lab is needed to snipe the bench when a Mr. Mime is there, but Zubat has the Free Flight ability though. I recommend adding the PHF Zubat in place of the PLS ones if you add Silent Lab.
Overall the list is good! It could use some touching up but from what I've seen, it is great!

Firstly, snipe is NOT the right word. They have to use there supporter of the turn to actually get Shaymin-EX out. Then they need to waste their attack on an underthreatening Pokemon while Latios-EX pounds away at full blast. You also don't want to play all the Shaymin in the deck! The high amount is so you are likely to get one during the first few turns, when you really need it.

I see games that survive simply on Scoop Up Cyclone. I really don't think it's necessary for either AZ or Cyclone.

Good point about the water energy; it definitely makes more sense.

I also see your point about Silent Lab - may as well use them (but only 2 as they're quite situational!) for the time being.

I also don't see why you need to take a Mega Turbo or Battle Compressor, at least until proper testing can be done (i.e. There possibly is too many Mega Turbo, but I don't know for sure). Skyla I feel should be Compressed and VS'd when needed, or you just draw into it. Personally I play more aggressive, so I don't feel Skyla is overally necessary.

So here's what I'm planning on changing:

-2 Dimension Valley
-1 Super Scoop Up
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Psychic Energy

+3 Silent Lab
+1 Scoop Up Cyclone
+3 Water Energy

Really good deck idea just why the rainbow energy it would be better to use 2 or 3 water energy
-2 rainbow energy
+2 water energy
thx

The current decklist current features 62 cards, not 60 (the count on the energy says 9, but it's 11), which is a bit of an issue. I've been working on a similar deck, and so my thoughts on some changes that could be made:

-1 Sycamore
-1 Shaymin-EX
-1 Crobat
-1 M Latios-EX
-2 Battle Compressors

+1 Water Energy
+1 Super Scoop Up
+2 Colress

The main reasoning behind these changes is that ideally, through the use of super scoop up, you're never going to actually need to have 4 Crobats. Even if one is prized, you should be able to scoop up another line and put down that Crobat again while beginning to set up a new Zubat line. The removal of one of the M Latios might seem odd in a deck focused around it, but with the right set up, you shouldn't need 3 of them. (Although if you really wanted, you could cut one of my suggested colress' and keep it) As far as running 4/4/4 on the Double Dragon Energy, Water Energy, and Psychic energy, this gives you a few options for how you run Latios. While its not unreasonable to pay the cost of Sonic Ace with the water and psychic and then power up next turn using a regular attachment and DDE, I find that if you have another DDE in your hand, paying with the DDE and reattaching next turn can be a good move. Additionally, this removes a bit of the need for B. Compressor, as you this deck doesn't have a ton of stuff you want to thin aside from energy that you can attach with Mega Turbo, which can be thrown away with ultra balls if you really need to. Of course, all of these suggestions are in the name of space, which is the main thing this deck is having trouble with.

>.> 62 >.>

Firstly, Sycamore is, IMO, superior to Colress, so I don't see why I should be swapping them. Secondly, Water Energy doesn't sound overally necessary, especially with DDE and Mega Turbo.

The problem with your energy attachment theory is that you /won't/ come across DDE each turn.

I do see how there wouldn't be the need to have 3 Shaymin, especially if there isn't the space! I also completely understand the logic in the Crobot, and I'd like to test it and play around with it. However, I do not see how taking away M-Latios will help - taking one will ruin the consistency. I still feel Battle Compressor is completely necessary, as it also can give you a VS Seeker + Supporter combo when required.

ftm I'm taking a Crobat and Shaymin.

Back