Ruling BET Aerodactyl

darkrai2cool4u

Toxicroak is pretty beast
So, his second attack "Prehistoric Breath" says your opponent can't play any cards from his or her hand next turn to evolve the defending Pokemon. Would this prevent the use of rare candy on the defending Pokemon?

No, since Prehistoric Breath doesn't block the use of trainers. So, you can use Rare Candy to evolve and Level Max only to level up if Aerodactyl used Prehistoric Breath.

You can't know that for sure.
I've never read the translation, but if darkrai2cool4u has said it thoroughly enough, then we would have to wait and see what the English version reads.
Reasons:
1. When you play a Rare Candy, you still have to put down an evolution card from your hand... If the translation is strict, then this wouldn't be allowed.
2. If it is a loose translation, then Rare Candy would break the rules but we can't know that for sure until the future so please Gliscor, don't start assuming things - you may be right, but you can't be 100% sure. This forum isn't about proving to anybody that you're smart or whatever, it's trying to help people, and by assuming that answer you provided [which I personally think is wrong but who knows] you could actually end up hurting the asker by providing false information.

I'm pretty sure you can. here's an old ruling

== PREHISTORIC POWER (Aerodactyl - Fossil Expansion)
Q. Does Rare Candy override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. Yes, you can use Rare Candy when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team) [Note: This ruling does not conflict with the Primal Aura/Pull/Stare rulings; the prevention mechanisms are different.]

That's true. BET Aerodactyl has quite a similar effect like the fossil one. Even if the translation is strict, I'm sure you can use Rare Candy.

chanman45 said:
== PREHISTORIC POWER (Aerodactyl - Fossil Expansion)
Q. Does Rare Candy override evolution-preventing effects such as Fossil Aerodactyl's "Prehistoric Power"?
A. Yes, you can use Rare Candy when Aerodactyl's Prehistoric Power is in play. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team; Jul 22, 2004 PUI Rules Team) [Note: This ruling does not conflict with the Primal Aura/Pull/Stare rulings; the prevention mechanisms are different.]
As long as BET Aerodactyl will translate similarly to the Fossil one, there should be no confusion.

From the logic in my head, PUI ruled it this way, and since the current translation is similar to the old Aerodactyl, I can only expect that the result is the same.

OR you could just wait for the card to be released and then get your question answered without a doubt.

Aerodactyl GL LV.62 - Fighting - HP80
Basic Pokemon (SP)

[C] Collect: Draw 2 cards from your deck.
[F][C] Prehistoric Breath: 30 damage. During your opponent’s next turn, your opponent can’t play any Pokemon cards from his or her hand to Evolve or Level Up the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 0

... ... .... ...Need to wait for English

Back