BW/BW2 Black 2 and White 2 Discussion Thread

Well, when it comes to fictional characters, characters in Japanese productions tend to dress (and hairdress) for coolness, whereas characters in western works more often dress for practicality and plainness. The Black/White 1 characters dressed in a remarkably plain style, especially compared to Ken Sugimori's designs before and after. Well, there were exceptions, like Elesa, Iris, Chauntal, and Team Plasma in general, but I liked that we weren't seeing quite as much of the likes of Candice's teenage schoolteacher getup or Dawn's ridiculously short skirt (and there was a reason for each of those Unova examples, besides Chauntal at least).

Hey! It's a Tyranitar Bot! I knew it! The new trailer showed that when a pokemon is encountered in tall grass the edges of the circle that the move around on are also animated, interesting, so many updates to the game.

Ophie, I don't really care for the character design of Black and White 2, plus they're mixing Pokemon and attacks, by the looks of it. I think this will change Pokemon too much for my tastes.

Mixing Pokémon and attacks?

Personally, I don't mind the character design itself much--it just doesn't fit in with the theme. Unova is based on the United States, so the characters should dress like Americans. That's pretty much it.

Well, and that blue orbit hair thing that Akuroma has. I don't see how it's physically possible.

Akamu said:
Ophie, I don't really care for the character design of Black and White 2, plus they're mixing Pokemon and attacks, by the looks of it. I think this will change Pokemon too much for my tastes.

What do you mean?

BW2, again, looking awesome

Maybe Celebi and deoxys will be in AR searcher only. It is kinda an event.

Oh, did I forget to mention that In a trailer to the MOVIE, It shows Kyurem Absorbing the other dragon's powers. My theory is, when reshiram and zekrom split apart, they were in outer space. They came down to this planet, but left an empty shell of their old Pokemon Behind. That is kyurem. he crashed down to earth in a meteorite, and made the giant Chasm. Wanting to be whole again, it absorbs one of the dragons' Power, and changes forme.

Has anybody seen the new trailer? If not, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJGtJ7z9Eo

Ophie said:
Personally, I don't mind the character design itself much--it just doesn't fit in with the theme. Unova is based on the United States, so the characters should dress like Americans. That's pretty much it.

Unova had a sudden surge of immigrants that so heavily affected the culture of the region in just two years to the point where people have weirdo cool hairstyles. #fanfiction

@Ophie and Blui129

What I meant was Ice burn/Freeze Shock and the fact they're mixing Kyurem with Zekrom/Reshiram.

I'm just saying I'd hate it if they went the extra mile and eventually had attacks of two elements/Pokemon fusion.

I would really like to know what the rival is saying to those 4 people in black with small emblems on their caps. Possible comeback of Team Plasma?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 10.39.12 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-22 at 10.39.12 AM.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 507
Luigi08 said:
I would really like to know what these four people in black with emblems on their hats are saying to the protagonist and the rival. Possible comeback of Team Plasma?

How far ahead is B/W compared to D/P? I wouldn't rule it out.

Ophie said:

Well, and that blue orbit hair thing that Akuroma has. I don't see how it's physically possible.

Dubs of anime set in Tokyo, you wouldn't expect everyone to be talking in Japanese. It's just culture. As for the hair...Japan?

Maybe in this game we will get something that repays the fans, instead of most games acting as a starting point for younger people, I know it's their age group but if they wanted to do that why make a sequel?

Luigi08 said:
I would really like to know what the rival is saying to those 4 people in black with small emblems on their caps. Possible comeback of Team Plasma?

Team Plasma was never really disbanded. N defected, Ghetsis went into hiding, and the other Sages were arrested. However, the rank-and-file remain, and they could get Team Plamsa back up and running again. Team Rocket attempted that in Gold/Silver. (They weren't much of a threat though.)

i hope they fill i some of the holes left in bw. when i beat it and found the sages, i thought, "that's it?". Bianca was moping at her parents place, Ghetsis was still around somewhere, their was a un-finished note on the secret island. I felt that it wasn't complete, hopefully all these questions and more will be answered.

Black 2 and White 2 have already fixed one of the main issues I had with BW1: non-animated trainer sprites. Now that all trainer sprites are animated, it'll make fighting trainers over and over feel at least a little more lively and realistic. Going from a standstill trainer sprite sliding in and out of view to a fully-animated Pokémon always felt incredibly unrealistic, so the change is a huge plus.

I like the fact some Pokémon received new animations, but so far it seems only "popular" Pokémon received major animation updates. (For example, in the trailers it seems Mareep moves the same, but Oshawott now tosses up its scalchop.) I'm hoping this trend doesn't continue, though asking for new animations on 649 Pokémon + Forms/Formes would probably be too much.

One thing I'd like to see fixed in BW2 is the availability of certain items - mainly the items that are very hard / impossible to get, such as Light Ball, Soul Dew, Battle Subway items, and a lot of the Berries. Having to rely on buying certain items exclusively from the Subway is a bit annoying, so having more NPCs in the game to give out certain items one time would be helpful.

attachment.php

Personally they look like either team Galactics wearing hats or team rocket but I can't rule out these nor the team Plasma comeback.
By the way this is a translation of the first paragraph of the Japanese website.(An outtake)
' and Why some kind of accident that occurred in a rural location two years later, what relationship.'
I find this very interesting as to what it says like an accident occurring and this could be describing the new geography of Unova.

' and Why some kind of accident that occurred in a rural location two years later, what relationship.'

I think this means, "Do you have any relation to the accident that occured in a rural location 2 years after (insert important event, possibly Castle coming up around Pokemon League)"

Xous said:
Black 2 and White 2 have already fixed one of the main issues I had with BW1: non-animated trainer sprites. Now that all trainer sprites are animated, it'll make fighting trainers over and over feel at least a little more lively and realistic. Going from a standstill trainer sprite sliding in and out of view to a fully-animated Pokémon always felt incredibly unrealistic, so the change is a huge plus.

Something like this?

uVAgR.jpg

Also, I don't think the Soul Dew will be coming back. Since it's banned in official tournaments, Nintendo and Game Freak know it's overpowered.

Ophie said:
Something like this?

Also, I don't think the Soul Dew will be coming back. Since it's banned in official tournaments, Nintendo and Game Freak know it's overpowered.

Yes, exactly like that. xD

I'm strongly against all-out removal of items simply because they're overpowered, so I hope that's not the case. I feel that if an item is overpowered they should either change its effect (for example, reduce the stat boost) or simply keep it as-is and continue to ban it from tournaments. We've already lost Berserk Gene (a long time ago) and I hope Soul Dew doesn't share the same fate. Of course, given the fact the start of a brand-new Generation is the absolute best time to change an item's effect and they didn't do so for Soul Dew, it's not looking good...

Back