'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I am also interested to see what kinds of supporters, stadiums, and moves there will be that will interact with Break Evolutions (I am just assuming there will be - like there were for Plasma Pokemon and are for EX Pokemon...though I will note there are none for Ancient Trait Pokemon, so there is obviously no guarantee). I also hope we get a few more of these guys in the set...like a Shedinja Break (kidding).

While clearly we don't know all the cards from the set or how things will actually go in real gameplay (e.g. viability, etc.), I think the Break Evolution could have been just a little better if it acted as a total Shrine of Memories mechanic...I would love Banette Break using "Bleh". I'm not complaining though.

All of you on previous page, I found something that may throw your answer's correctness into "uncertainty" at this point in time:

Wally's Training was a card that worked like Wally in EX Emerald's/early DP TCG's day. And there's one thing notable regarding this subject: Wally's Training cannot evolve pokemon into Lv.X-es, since Lv.X-es are NOT considered Basic OR evolution cards, although Lv.X-ing still gives the pokemon the same benefit of evolving: losing special conditions affecting it.

^ That is why I am curious about what TPCi will do in regards to BREAK evolutions and implications on the new Wally, since BREAK evolutions are related to Lv.X-es: If BREAK Evolutions are not treated like basic or evolution cards in the same vein as Lv.X-es, then I'm sorry, but you all would be wrong on the Wally claim: Wally would not be able to BREAK-evolve pokemon in the same vein as Wally's Training not being able to "Lv.X-evolve" pokemon, and the same goes for Giant Plant Forest in the case of Chesnaught to Chesnaught-BREAK...

But if BREAK evolutions are treated like evolved pokemon cards, THEN you can legitimately say that Wally can allow Pokemon to BREAK-evolve...

But I'm not going to speculate on this further. After all, I do not know the exact details yet, and I know that it will stay that way until the set is released, and at this point in time, the set is not released... That also means I do not know if BREAK evolution is the same classification as Lv. X yet, and since I know that it is pointless to spread around false statements while claiming them as real, I'll wait until TPCi answers my curiosity...

Last edited:
Very preliminairy set lists.... Hihi

RED FLASH
03/95 Chespin
04/59 Quilladin
05/59 Chesnaught
06/59 Chesnaught Break
??/59 Mewtwo EX
??/59 M Mewtwo E X
41/59 Zorua
??/59 Double Colorless Energy

BLUE IMPACT
?? /59 Remoraid
??/59 Octillery
??/59 Mewtwo
??/59 M Mewtwo EX
35/59 Zorua
36/59 Zoroark
37/59 Zoroark Break
54/59 Float Stone
??/59 Mewtwo Spirit Link

BREAK THROUGH
Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Chesnaught Break
Remoraid
Octillery
Mewtwo EX
Mewtwo EX
M Mewtwo EX (X)
M Mewtwo EX (Y)
Zorua
Zorua
Zoroark
Zoroark Break
Float Stone
Double Colorless Energy

I can't view the video, otherwhise I could obtain Numbers from other cards as well, I think

Last edited:
I find it odd that both attacks on both Zorua require Dark Energy considering Zoroark is intended to be splashable given its ability + attack. Even the XY Zorua requires Dark Energy for both attacks.

It's kinda eh IMO.

If we didn't have a format full of EXs, then I'd say it's an extremely powerful card. However, it has so much going against it in this meta it's rogue at best.

Chesnaught-EX (XY Promo 18) had 180 HP and the attack was mediocre at best.

But this BREAK beast is in league of it's own. Attack and HP that will put most of the EXs to shame.
TPCi is trying to tell us something ...

Chesnaught looks like it's yelling at somebody and wants to get revenge or something. Like those dramatic scenes in movies or games when somebody at the bottom of a skyscraper can have a perfectly normal conversation with somebody on top of said skyscraper.

Like, I keep seeing TPCi this, TPCi that, when what you want to say is PCL but whatever...

Anyway, Break Evolutions as the name says, are evolutions cards, so I'm pretty confident that Wally, Evosoda and all that work will Break cards. Megas are don't say stage 1 or 2, yet they are evolution cards too.

As for Chesnaught, at first I thought heavy attack costs, and it's like stage 3... Then I remembered Giant Plant Forest and M-Sceptile-EX exist so maybe it can see some play... a non-EX 190 HP beast is cool and the attack is decent too...

Also, just like Megas, I'm sure Break cards will continuously gain more support over the next sets...

in b4 "they print the monkeys too much" complaining.

I'm far more offended by Skyla being reprinted instead of them replacing her with an XY/ORAS Gym Leader.

Fear not, that Skyla will be our prerelease promo.

Parallel City looks nice too. I don't know how practical it will be but if we see others with a similar gimmick they might be better.

Back