Ruling Breaking Impact and Slimey Water Question

Ice Pokemon Master

The Amazing Race/Heroes>You
Breaking Impact says "Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 10/20 damage to that Pokemon for each energy on that Pokemon's retreat cost (after applying effects to the retreat cost)." and Slimey Water "Does 10 damage times the number of energy on the Defending Pokemon's retreat cost (after applying effects to the retreat cost)." Now I am wondering what does "after applying effects to the retreat cost" actually means?? Can anybody help me?

Pro2go said:
Breaking Impact says "Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 10/20 damage to that Pokemon for each energy on that Pokemon's retreat cost (after applying effects to the retreat cost)." and Slimey Water "Does 10 damage times the number of energy on the Defending Pokemon's retreat cost (after applying effects to the retreat cost)." Now I am wondering what does "after applying effects to the retreat cost" actually means?? Can anybody help me?

that means let say you have a coupled of evolved Wobbuffet (LM) in your bench, so apply the additional retreat cost effect first before calculating the damage due to attacks like Breaking IMpact, Slimey water and so on...
In other words apply any other effect on your opponent's pokemon retreat cost due to previous attack, poke power or pokebody before calculating the attack damage

There are numerous things that can affect a retreat cost.

For example if your opponent has 3 Wobbuffet (LM) increasing your retreat cost by 3, but if you also have Salamence ex (DX) in play the retreat cost is reset to 0. Then once all effects like that have been taken into account, the damage is calculated.

Also this ruling might assist:
The Compendium said:
== DRAGON LIFT (Salamence EX - EX: Deoxys)

Q. Salamence-EX's "Dragon Lift" Poké-BODY makes Retreat Cost 0, but Dark Muk's "Sticky Goo" Poké-BODY adds 2. So if Salamence-EX is on the bench and the Defending Pokémon is Dark Muk, how much would it cost to retreat my Active Pokémon that normally has a Retreat Cost of 1? Is it 0, 2, 3, or what??
A. Anything that sets retreat to zero is not affected by pluses and minuses, so Dragon Lift sets the retreat cost to zero, despite Dark Muk's Sticky Goo. (Jun 2, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Back