Camerupt EX / Mega Manectric EX

Aviste

Aspiring Trainer
Ive started playing this deck a lot and it is semi successful. Basically you try to start with Manectric EX and head ringer the opponent for the 120 damage assault laser while your trying to set up a mega manectric. Use battle compressors to put some energy in the discard to use a turbo bolt onto Camerupt and others on the bench. Seismitoad is teched in because a DCE attacker that shuts down nightmarch is great.

The two biggest problem decks are:
Nightmarch: Bad Prize trade, Unlimited damage doesn't help beat them- I use a Trump card and a Toad to deal with them
Donphan: No consistent way to hit the bench.- I added 2 Zapdos and I use hard charm to stop the damage and hit the bench well.

Consider the Camerupt EX & Team Magma's Camerupt variant. You don't have to rely on megas and it is brutally efficient in how often you can recycle and reuse the same amount of cards, and of course you don't waste any energy more than you have to to get the knock out. Efficiency is the name of the game with Camerupt EX I think. You can get faster more efficient set up off Magma's Camerupt than trying to set up a mega. Not saying your deck couldn't work, but it seems like you have to go for significantly more steps to get out the M Manectric EX and the prize trade is worse.

The Magma Camerupt version is more consistent. I just have a ton of Yveltal in my area and people still go offensive so the Manectric Line works very well for me. So I agree with you on that account,.

IMO, don't put Zapdos in the deck. It takes a huge 3 energy to set up! Lysandres /generally/ work fine, and if you desperately need a Safeguard counter, you may as well put in Beartic/Raichu etc. Toads really hurt Donphan, so you could also add more of those until you have 3/4, and hope for DCE turn 1.

If you want to go defensively, Rough Sea + Jynx would be viable options.

bbninjas said:
IMO, don't put Zapdos in the deck. It takes a huge 3 energy to set up! Lysandres /generally/ work fine, and if you desperately need a Safeguard counter, you may as well put in Beartic/Raichu etc. Toads really hurt Donphan, so you could also add more of those until you have 3/4, and hope for DCE turn 1.

Zapdos isn't a safeguard attacker! It's a Donphan counter. It resists fighting and is a non-EX, so bangle and fighting stadium don't work on it. If you can get a hard charm on one, Donphan with a muscle band and a strong energy does just 30. The snipe is very handy against robosub. You can soften up stuff without wasting an attack KOing a robosub.

That being said, I don't think Donphan is prevalent enough for people to be teching heavily against it.

Donphan is likely to be rotating out in a couple of months. Just something to consider.

Talkingcat said:
bbninjas said:

That being said, I don't think Donphan is prevalent enough for people to be teching heavily against it.

Donphan / Groudon is actually quite popular and is something you should at least expect to see. Straight Manectric / Camerupt does not beat Donphan. Zapdos would be good if you are already running DCE in here (although you need either Hard Charm, Jynx, or Rough Seas).

If someone were to throw in a Sigilyph against this deck, you'd lose. The only counter is to add Magma Camerupt. The end.

I've started playing silent lab in this deck instead of scorched earth. It is a little slower but at least I won't have any match ups were I simply can't win.

Back