Ruling Can it attack?

JPO

Super King - the best of the 3
Hi
Tangela's "Entangling vines" state that a basic pokemon cannot attack next turn....so can Dexoys ex's attack "Fast wave" attack, claiming it is "not effected by any other effects" work? Can it attack Tangela?

One more simlilar question...

If Latios ex d uses "Ice barrier", can Blaziken ex damage it with "Burn away"?

Thanks,
Jack

I would think that Deoxys and Blaziken ex could attack because it's attacking and the effects were already there. Of course I could be totally wrong! xD

dmaster out.

Ok.

Deoxys ex CAN NOT attack Tangela in this instance. Fastwave's effect ignores effects on Tangela, BUT Tangela removes the ability to attack from Deoxys ex (Entangling Vines states that if the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon (which Deoxys ex is), that Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn). Fastwave doesn't even get a chance to get used.

Blaziken ex CAN attack Latios ex with Burn Away, and Latios ex will perish. Burn Away explicitly states to ignore effects on the Defending Pokémon, and that's what Ice Barrier's effect is. So the 100 damage burns through (pun intended).

Tangela's Entangling Vines has stop the basic defending pokemon to attack during the next turn. So, basically is your Deoxys ex is the basic defending pokemon, Depxys ex shouldn't be doing any attacking move.... So, since your Deoxys ex can't do any attacking, therefore Fast Wave isn't being use, & its effect is too not apply during the turn....

Blaziken ex's Burn Away did the damage on Latios ex ?, as Burn Away's effect is ignore all the effect on that pokemon (Latios ex ?) . Therefore, Latios ex ? will receive the damage from Blaziken ex's Burn Away although Latios ex ? uses the Ice Barrier....

I hope you understand what I trying to say....

Okay, the order of attack.
Announce the attack
Apply any effects that are required before attacking
Doing an optional effect
Doing damage
Body/Power
Weakness/Resistance
Body/Power
Flip a coin...
The Defending Pokémon is now...
Whatever else

I believe that the Entangling Vines slots in before damage.

Thankyou very much for your help everyone. These questions had repeatadly come up, so thanks for your time :)

m0nster1nc said:
I believe that the Entangling Vines slots in before damage.

No. Pretend that using Entangling Vines erases all attacks from the Defending Pokémon. You can't use an attack that's not there. You don't even get to use the attack, there are no steps to be taken.

And Clmnt_86, what was up with that? I explained it in detail, and you pretty much repeated what I said. Sounds like postcount++ to me.

Back