Cobalion BW 72 Promo

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
bw72-cobalion.jpg

Where does this card fall?
I feel like it is just as good as Cobalion NVI
Possible Tech card, am I right?

On average, half the time the maximum damage you will do to a Dark type is 130, which isn't much better then 90 (Cobalion NV) or 100 (Cobalion EX) against Darkrai EX. The effect sounds cool, and if you're crazy lucky with coins you could technically OHKO an EX, but it's way too flippy to ever really be considered in PlasmaKlang, the only deck it might ever be viable in. PlasmaKlang doesn't really need other random attackers anyway unless they are a direct counter to certain non-EX's.

90, 100, and 110 are all the same against EX's. They all 2-shot. It might be a good one-of in PlasmaKlang. May as well test it.

You have a 6.25% chance of OHKOing a Darkrai with this card, and that's the only Dark Pokemon you should ever be seeing that the other Cobalions don't OHKO anyway. You have a 12.5% chance of ever doing more damage than Cobalion EX to anything else. Can anyone explain to me what is good about this card?

Edit: Oh that's right a 1.5625% chance of OHKOing an EX. That's worth it.

I personally don't like the card, but you might as well test in whenever you are in doubt.

The card has one good thing going for it: Heavy Ball compatibility. Other than that, it's not really consistent, and that's what you want. Sure, the Ability is nice, but you're not going to be playing against Darkrai builds every game. If you're playing, say, Keldeo, you can't attack with this card until turn three because you have no other options. No fun. No fun at all.

I think that even EMP Cobalion is better, and that one doesn't see much play. Stick with the NVI one and the EX

Back