Competitive VG Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Competitive Battling Simple Questions Thread

To make a tournament, Do I need to ask someone like a VG moderator or can I just start the thread? Thanks in advanced.

Luxray :D said:
To make a tournament, Do I need to ask someone like a VG moderator or can I just start the thread? Thanks in advanced.

You can make the thread and post it, but it will need to be approved by one of the VG mods before it appears for the rest of the members.

You are suppose to PM a Competitive Battling VG Moderator.

VG Mod list:
[smod]Pride[/smod]
[smod]King Arceus[/smod]
[mod]TDL[/mod]
[mod]ShadowLugia[/mod]

Alright I will PM you, King Arceus.

What Battle _____ is the fastest way to get BP in Pokémon Heatgold version?

What Battle _____ is the fastest way to get BP in Pokémon Heatgold version?
The Factory. You get 5 BP right off the bat for a set of 7 battles and that goes up by 1 point every 2 sets.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
The Factory. You get 5 BP right off the bat for a set of 7 battles and that goes up by 1 point every 2 sets.

Alright. the only bad thing is that its rental :/.

If you're not fond of the rental mechanic, both the Arcade and the Tower give decent amounts of points as well - pretty sure they give 3 right off the bat.

I think I'll use the tower. Arcade might be nice with someone like Scizor.

Yes, it blocks Earthquake. I've seen this myself. Wide Guard protects the ally's team from all multi-target moves, including from the allies themselves.

Thanks. I was initially going to put Wide Guard and Protect on the same Pokémon, but I wasn't sure if it'd be redundant or not. Well, that's one move slot I could use for something better!

I would disagree on that. I would say Dahlia's Battle Arcade is the fastest. The Battle Factory can slow you down tremendously in learning the Pokémon given to you and the post-battle swapping. I went into the Arcade with a Choice Band Garchomp and was getting 35 to 40 BP per hour (starting from the beginning).

Is Keldeo/Meloetta still banned from use and is Lightning Rod Zapdos still illegal?

according to Smogon, the Petaya berry is currently unavailable in BW. However, if you use covet on one of Game Freak Morimoto's Pokémomn, shouldn't you be able to have the berry?
EDIT: oops, I read the article on BP wrong. it's a trainer's item still.

Equinox said:
Is Keldeo/Meloetta still banned from use and is Lightning Rod Zapdos still illegal?

The "OU" tier on PO is meant to be a simulation of the real DS game. Until you can legally (w/o cheating) obtain what you listed above on your game, (or anything else unreleased for that matter) it most likely will not be allowed.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
according to Smogon, the Petaya berry is currently unavailable in BW. However, if you use covet on one of Game Freak Morimoto's Pokémomn, shouldn't you be able to have the berry?
EDIT: oops, I read the article on BP wrong. it's a trainer's item still.

I apologize for the late response, but if you somehow obtain Morimoto's berry, it becomes a Hyper Potion when the battle finishes. I tried it already. Game Freak thinks of everything.

I hope this is where I can ask this. Can anyone suggest a Special Defense wall for my sand team?
Currently I have T-tar (atk/HP), Lucario (sp.atk/speed), Reuniclus (sp.atk/HP), Dugtrio (atk,speed), gligar (HP/Def)

Sleeping Snorlax said:
I hope this is where I can ask this. Can anyone suggest a Special Defense wall for my sand team?
Currently I have T-tar (atk/HP), Lucario (sp.atk/speed), Reuniclus (sp.atk/HP), Dugtrio (atk,speed), gligar (HP/Def)

Gastrodon probably, you really need something to cover your water weakness.

Yeah, you can ask questions like that here. But if you want help with a whole team or something like that, then it's best to make an RMT, or you can just talk to a VG expert for a quicker answer. Anyways, Jellicent would fill the role of a special wall quite nicely, since it could spread status and give your team a bulky water type that it needs. I can post a set EV's too, if you'd like.

EDIT: Void seriously you're going to ninja me at 3:00 AM? Seriously dude? :p

What is it that makes jellicent or gastrodon so good? And I am not really looking for help with me team per say, just really looking for ideas for the special wall for my sand team since I lack the knowledge of good special defense walls.

Gastrodon is really good since it walls most components of a rain team (Starmie, some Politoed as well as others like Rotom-W) in addition to being a solid answer to some Latios variants. Jellicent plays a similar role, but lacks a critical electric immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back