• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Cradily and Friends

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
This is a really rough draft. I just would like some help narrowing down the cards.
I know this is too slow in the current format. But, maybe it'll have better luck when the new rule changes come out! :)

Pokemon 13-18
  • 2 or 3 Tornadus EX
  • 2 Virizion EX?
  • 2-2 or 3-3 Cradily
  • 2 Kindra (Dragon Vortex)
  • 2 Blastoise [Deluge]
  • 2 Eelectross {Plasma} (Crash and Burn)
  • 1 Magnezone [Dual Brains]

Possible others are Keldeo EX and Black Kyurem EX (Black Balista)

Trainers 16-21
  • 3-4 Root Fossil
  • 2-3 Max Potion
  • 2-3 Escape Rope
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2-3 Switch or Float Stone
  • 2 Twist Mountain
  • Random Receiver
  • Super Rod
  • Dowsing Machine

Energy Search? Superior Energy Retrieval? Enhanced Hammer?
Supporters 13
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Caitlin
  • 2 Cilan

Energy 12-15
  • 4-5 Grass
  • 5-6 Water
  • 3-4 Electric

Strategy
Basic Cradily Deck. Get Cradily out ASAP.
Use TornndusEX to shuffle your hand to get Cradily on your bench.
Use VirizionEX to sponge hits and help get energy on Cradily.
Use Blastoise to Deluge as many energies on to your Pokemon.
Use Eelectrosses attack, Crash and Burn. Which does 30X the number of energy you discard of off all your Pokemon
Use Kingdra's attack, Dragon Vortex. Which does 20X the number of Water energy and Electric energy in your discard. Then, shuffle them all back into your deck.
And lastly, use Magneone for dual supporters. (dual Cilan or Skyla/Caitlin)

I feel like the way to make this deck viable if at all is to use something that can use grass energy, or the blends. Having both grass another energy in a deck could make it too hard to find energy for cradily, and you need to get energy on it asap since it takes so long to get into battle. So basically focus on something that either uses grass energy or colorless to attack, while the 2nd steps you pull from the deck are cheap attackers that use 1-2 energy or support you in some way.

A deck i wanted to try and put together is Cradily, virizion ex, tropius, Nidokings and queens. With like 2 dce 4 blends and 6 grass. Nidoking runs on 2 colorless, and nidoqueen only needs 1 psychic and the rest colorless. Allowing all of your pokemon to attack while only using grass energy. Sure this deck is gimicky at best. But i feel like most if not all cradily decks are the same.

You may also want more caitlin. Since cradily's attack pulls pokemon from the deck, if they are in your hand you have to get them back into the deck before you can use cradily to search for them. Pokemon communication would serve this deck better, but it has been cycled out as far as i know.

You may also want 3 twisted mountain. Not that you are looking to win stadium wars with it. You just need it out asap. I would even consider to reverse the count of twisted mountain and root fossil.

The sad part about that is that there aren't many stage 2 grass Pokemon to abuse that. ://

Grass/Colorless/blend energy compatible can give you more options. Some of my favorites being like.

-Dusknoir
-Crobat
-Scolipede
-Infernape
-Beedrill
-Hydreigon (Dark Trance)
-Dustox
-Seismitoad (PLF)
-Nidoking
-Nidoqueen
-Togekiss
-Flygon

These all could see some use in a deck like this.

Hydreigon with blend energy could allow any pokemon that comes in 4 blend and 1 played energy on it as soon as it comes to play. Eliminating the need for cheap attackers.

The possiblities for a good deck that uses just the blend energy are generally limitless. Though the only problem is getting that cradily out in time so it actually can make use of your pokemon.

Back