• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dark Cyclone (M Manectric EX / Yveltal EX)

faerydae

Aspiring Trainer
hi iam posting my deck here trying to find out what you think

Pokemon: 14
  • 3 Manectric EX
  • 2 M Manectric EX
  • 3 Yveltal EX
  • 3 Yveltal
  • 1 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Absol
  • 1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Suporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 Professer Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 2 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Stadium
  • 2 Shadow Circle
Energy: 13
  • 8 Darkness Energy
  • 5 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

i like how the deck works but i feel somethings can be better but iam not sure what can help me to evolve my deck further so let me now what you think

I'd still include 4 DCE, it's really important for Yveltal's damage output, especially since so many megas are making an appearance. You could probably cut down on 2-3 of each type of energy to make room.

the idee of all the normaal basic energy is not to get hit by a enhanced hammer so i dont lose my energy and htey have a useless card in their hand now that we will see alot more speciaal energy and whit my babay yveltal and manectreck i can bring back all my energy so it helps me a bit

I like the deck. Would suggest taking out the Trump Card since it is banned and add 1 more M Manectric. A cool mashup could be a Yveltal/Toad/M Manectric deck.

which Absol is it that you're using? Plasma freeze?

Although I do think that double colorless is nice, I am somewhat inclined to agree with using all basics since it's better for getting them back with little Yveltal and M Manectric and especially lets you be really loose with discarding energies to sycamore and ultra ball. Plus, like you said, helps protect you from hammers

i was using the one from roaring sky but i already took him out and made a littel change for more consistincy when using the pokemon its now

1x darkrai
3x yveltal ex
3x baby eveltal
3x manectric ex
2 mega manectric

5x lightning energy
8x dark energy

3x trainers mail
2x switch
2x enhanced hammer
3x battel compressor
2x head ringer
3x muscle band
2x manectric spirit link
4x juniper
4x N
2x lysandre
3x vs seeker
3x ultra ball
2x energy switch
and this line up is working better i have more options right from the start

Could you please update your original post with the changes to your deck list? Thanks!

i was using the one from roaring sky but i already took him out and made a littel change for more consistincy when using the pokemon its now

1x darkrai
3x yveltal ex
3x baby eveltal
3x manectric ex
2 mega manectric

5x lightning energy
8x dark energy

3x trainers mail
2x switch
2x enhanced hammer
3x battel compressor
2x head ringer
3x muscle band
2x manectric spirit link
4x juniper
4x N
2x lysandre
3x vs seeker
3x ultra ball
2x energy switch
and this line up is working better i have more options right from the start

I tested with roaring skies absol as well and I just never felt like he did anything good. Have you tested Professor's letter as a 1-of? I've been pretty happy with it, since it allows for nice plays like trainers' mail -> professor's letter (fetch 2 energy) -> ultra ball for M Manectric EX (discard fetched energy) -> turbo bolt -> attach 2 energy to Yveltal EX. You've got battle compressor, though, which i suppose pretty much does the same thing as well as set up supporters for VS seeker...maybe I should try compressor too.

Back