• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Lasers

Br0vyle

It's CLOBBERIN' TIME
Pokemon: 8
  • 3 Darkrai EX LTR
  • 2 Absol PLF
  • 3 Sabeleye (Junk hunt)
Trainers: 36
  • 4 Dark Claw
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 1 Enhanced hammer
  • 4 Prof. Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Skyla
  • 3 Ultra ball
  • 2 Bianca
  • 1 Random Reciever
  • 1 Scramble switch
Energy: 12
  • 12 Dark Energy
Strategy
Basically, I want to use hammers to discard energy and use Darkrai to KO.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

First of all, you've listed 33 Trainers, not 32.

I suggest the following for your consideration (I too run a deck similar to this):
  • Potential Subtractions / Replacement Opportunities (IMHO)
    • -2 Spiritomb. I also play a VirGen deck and this is typically the second Poké I will just Red Signal and 1HKO. I lose no time.... This Poké does not really delay my usage of G Booster that much.
    • -2 Dark Claw. I've found 2 to be quite sufficient and primarily attached to my Darkrai EXs for the extra damage output. And even when Tool Scrapper'd, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
    • -2 Ht Laser. I've found 2 to be quite sufficient and even when Tool Scrappered, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand. Plus, in playing against Virizion teched decks, poison may not be a huge factor.
    • -1 Crushing Hammer. I've found 3 to be quite sufficient and even when Tool Scrappered, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
  • Potential Additions / Cards Needed (IMHO)
    • +3 Ultra Ball. These are needed to search for needed Poké and help dump D energy into your discard pile from which you can Dark Patch the D energy onto your benched D Poké.
    • +2 Silver Bangle. These are quite useful when you want to attack with Absol and 1HKO an opponent's Poké. I've found that the extra 10 damage (vs. Dark Claw) to be crucial at times.
    • +2 Dark Energy. From my playtesting, I've found 7-9 D energy to be insufficient (I run 11).
I'd also suggest reviewing your card draw Supporter mix to see if that particular combination works "best" for you. For example, I include Bicycle in most all of my decks, because you can use Skyla to get it (when you have no other card draw), as well as it can be Junk Hunt'd.

Other cards you may want to consider adding is Mr. Mime (for your bench protection), Tool Scrapper in order to discard opponent's pesky Tools (e.g., those attached to a Garbodor), and an ACE Spec (e.g., Computer Search or Dowsing Machine).

I hope you find these comments helpful.

TuxedoBlack said:

I suggest the following for your consideration (I too run a deck similar to this):
    • -2 Spiritomb. I also play a VirGen deck and this is typically the second Poké I will just Red Signal and 1HKO. I lose no time.... This Poké does not really delay my usage of G Booster that much.
    • -2 Dark Claw. I've found 2 to be quite sufficient and primarily attached to my Darkrai EXs for the extra damage output. And even when Tool Scrapper'd, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
    • -2 Ht Laser. I've found 2 to be quite sufficient and even when Tool Scrappered, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand. Plus, in playing against Virizion teched decks, poison may not be a huge factor.
    • -1 Crushing Hammer. I've found 3 to be quite sufficient and even when Tool Scrappered, you can easily Junk Hunt these back into your hand.
    • +3 Ultra Ball. These are needed to search for needed Poké and help dump D energy into your discard pile from which you can Dark Patch them onto your benched D Poké.
    • +2 Silver Bangle. These are quite useful when you want to attack with Absol and 1HKO an opponent's Poké. I've found that the extra 10 damage to be crucial at times.
    • +2 Dark Energy. From my playtesting, I've found 7-9 D energy to be insufficient (I run 11).
I'd also suggest reviewing your card draw Supporter mix to see if that particular combination works "best" for you. For example, I include Bicycle in most all of my decks, because you can use Skyla to get it (when you have no other card draw), as well as it can be Junk Hunt'd.

-something
+ace spec
recomended. not kidding it'll help a lot.

TuxedoBlack said:

• +3 Ultra Ball. These are needed to search for needed Poké and help dump D energy into your discard pile from which you can Dark Patch the D energy onto your benched D Poké.
    • +2 Silver Bangle. These are quite useful when you want to attack with Absol and 1HKO an opponent's Poké. I've found that the extra 10 damage (vs. Dark Claw) to be crucial at times.

Other cards you may want to consider adding is Mr. Mime (for your bench protection), Tool Scrapper in order to discard opponent's pesky Tools (e.g., those attached to a Garbodor), and an ACE Spec (e.g., Computer Search or Dowsing Machine).

Thx 4 the suggestions I think I'll take your advice but why 11 energy that seems like way to much I thnk 7-9 will suffice because I don't have a lot of Pokemon in the deck to begin with

helti said:
TuxedoBlack said:

• +3 Ultra Ball. These are needed to search for needed Poké and help dump D energy into your discard pile from which you can Dark Patch them onto your benched D Poké.
    • +2 Silver Bangle. These are quite useful when you want to attack with Absol and 1HKO an opponent's Poké. I've found that the extra 10 damage to be crucial at times.

-something
+ace spec
recomended. not kidding it'll help a lot.

I don't have many ace spec they all kinda stink :(

I would say you absolutely need 2-3 Energy Switch for turn 2 Night Spears and stuff and at least +2 Darkness Energy. I also think it's a good idea to have one Random Receiver that you can Junk Hunt for in a bind. So take out a Supporter for that. Probably a Bianca.

Mora said:
I would say you absolutely need 2-3 Energy Switch for turn 2 Night Spears and stuff and at least +2 Darkness Energy. I also think it's a good idea to have one Random Receiver that you can Junk Hunt for in a bind. So take out a Supporter for that. Probably a Bianca.

Thx I will definitely add 3 energy switch and at least 9 dark energy

You declined an ace spec before and I would really suggest to go with dowsing machine. Great to junk hunt for, and use over and over.

zavtac said:
You declined an ace spec before and I would really suggest to go with dowsing machine. Great to junk hunt for, and use over and over.

Do u know how much a dowsing machine is?

You can get it for around $5, give or take a couple. Definitely worth the money.

zavtac said:

don't see why you would be running dowsing when there's 2 absols, and no garbordor line.
Computer search most definitely, if you're not running garbordor, then you're most likely playing aggressively, and to play aggressively you need to set up, not to mention that Computer search + Junk hunt is Wayy better than doing with dowsing.
But it's arguable, I'd say Computer search.

Br0vyle said:
Thx 4 the suggestions I think I'll take your advice but why 11 energy that seems like way to much I thnk 7-9 will suffice because I don't have a lot of Pokemon in the deck to begin with
I love a turn 2 Night Spear; hence the 11 energy.

There's always Troll and Toad for the base normal place to get it, but you can always go on eBay or sites like that for a cheaper price. You could also pack it out of a PLS pack, but good luck with that...

-1 Juniper, 3 should be enough in my opinion.
+1 Ultra ball, this way you can get out a pokémon. Also, you can always junk hunt it back.

joshawott8055 said:
-1 Juniper, 3 should be enough in my opinion.
+1 Ultra ball, this way you can get out a pokémon. Also, you can always junk hunt it back.

No you need 4 juniper's to draw i'm able to get pokemon aout easy because I can junk hunt back Ultra Ball's that's why I only use 3

Back