• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DCE Attackers In the Dark Corridor (Gengar-EX / Wobbuffet / Sigilyph / DCE Attackers)

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder
Pokemon: 15

• 1 M Gengar EX
    3 Gengar EX
    2 Wobbuffet (Phantom Forces)
    1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)
    2 Reshiram (Outrage)
    2 Seismitoad EX
    1 Zekrom (Outrage)
    1 Kyurem (Outrage)
    1 Genesect (Promo BW99)
    1 Aegislash EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    1 Skyla
    1 Xerosic
    1 Pokemon Center Lady
    1 Colress
    1 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 Robo Substitute
    3 Virbank City Gym
    3 Float Stone
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Computer Search
Energy: 10

• 4 Double Colorless Energy
    1 Mystery Energy
    5 Psychic Energy
Ok, I'm Going to be honest here. I need a lot of help with this Deck list.
Strategy:
Gengar EX makes a nasty attacker in this deck. Gengar's attack, Dark Corridor, is great because it Poisons your Opponent's Pokemon then Protects Gengar by switching him to the bench. Because of this, I decided to play a variety of different Pokemon to use depending on the situation I'm in:pokemon your opponent can't take a prize card for knocking it out (Robo Substitute), Pokemon that counter your opponent's deck, Pokemon your Opponent can't damage (Aegislash EX & Sigilyph), or Pokemon that your Opponent doesn't want to damage (Outrage Trio). I just played a slightly different deck at city championships and went 2-1-2 (2 wins, 1 tie, and 2 loss). The origonal list had a 1-1 Trevenant line and a 2nd Hypnotoxic Laser Instead of the 2nd Seismitoad EX, Aegislash EX, and Lysandre.
Why I Play The Cards I Do:
Gengar EX: Main Attacker
M Gengar EX: Hits Pyroar and can pull off all sorts of other Shenanigans based on what the opponent has
Wobbuffet: Blocks Abilities. I have stalled a dialga/bronzonng/aegislash with him.
Sigilyph: Blocks EX Damage, which is super useful for those situations where you are locked out of items, but don't want to risk losing a prize
Reshiram: Counters Virizion/Genesect and outrages
Seismitoad EX: This is a weird choice for me, it is great for locking my opponent, but I kind of find it awkward in this deck. I don't exactly know why either... I play it counter donphan, but I'm going to need some feedback on weather or not that's a good idea.
Zekrom: It counters Yveltal for a DCE. I'm not sure if it's the best counter, so please give me feedback on this choice and tell me what you think I should run instead.
Kyurem: Counters Donphan, I think it's hard enough to KO so that outraging is effective
Genesect: God I hate Seismitoad EX decks, this was the only basic grass Pokemon that hit for only colorless energy and did 30 damage (so muscle banded it did 50 to allow it to 2 hit KO toads after weakness) I could find. If you have a better Idea for a Seismitoad EX counter I would love to know.
Aegislash EX: So many decks in the format play special energy. While I don't think I will ever attack with it, it is a solid wall.
Professor Juniper: Standard in most competitive decks
N: Most people tell me I should play 4 N, but I think I can get away with 3 thanks to VS seeker
Skyla: Searches for Trainers as needed
Xerosic: I thought this card was awful. I was so wrong... This card has so many applications. Discarding tools with head ringers on the field... Discarding team flare tools on my side of the field... Discarding Special Energy under item lock... The list goes on!
Pokemon Center Lady: Heals sleep and Poison primarily and heals a good amount of HP
Colress Shuffle Draw
Lysandre: Catcher effect
Lysandre's Trump Card: I feel so much more comfortable about discarding important resources in order to set up quickly with this in my deck. Combined with VS Seeker, I can play this card 2 or 3 times a match, giving me a steady flow of resources, even if I discard the early.
Robo Substitute: That annoying card you play to troll the Opponent by denying them Prizes.
Float Stone: Gives the DCE attackers free retreat
Virbank City Gym: Boosts Poison Damage
Enhanced Hammer: Disrupts Special energy, as mentioned before, almost all competitive decks play special energy.
Muscle Band: Boosts Gengar's damage to pressure the opponent and that little extra punch for the DCE attackers.
Ultra Ball: Searched for Pokemon
VS Seeker: Grabs used supporters, usually trump card, xerosic, or Pokemon Center Lady.
Head Ringer: This card has saved my butt so many times. The act of saying "from now on this Pokemon pays an extra colorless energy to attack" to your opponent is huge. This card just flat out ruins the Siesmitoad it's attached to if it's early in the Match. Because of head ringer, I have the pride of saying I played a Seismitoad deck and played items the entire match.
Hypnotoxic Laser: For those tricky situations where I can't attack with gengar or when I'm getting walled by Pyroar.
Computer Search: Searches for ANYTHING, which can be very useful. Factor in that trump card can get it back after i play it, and this card can be very effective.
Double Colorless Energy: Main Energy of the deck, fuels every card in the deck
Mystery Energy: Potential free retreat on Psychic types
Psychic Energy: There would be 3 more mystery energy in stead of psychic energy if Enhanced Hammer and Aegislash EX weren't a thing.
Some Things to Know About my Options:
- I have only 1 Trevenant
- I am using my only safe guard Sigilyph in the deck
- I do not have any more Gengar EX I can use
- I have 2 more Mega Gengar EX I can use
- I Have no Manectric EX
What I Understand of the Other Decks in My Area:
- Donphan is very Popular. Two of the top 4 decks in my age division at city championships were Donphan variants
- Yveltal is Popular alongside Mega Manectric in my age devision
- Standard virgen decks are popular, I don't have any experience playing against them with this deck
- I haven't seen anyone playing Pyroar in my age devision, but that doesn't mean people arent playing it.

Any help you can give me would be fantastic, I definitely need it! Thank you! I know that was probably a lot of stuff to read through... sorry.

Really interesting deck i just might make something similar i like the broad amount of types so you can sort of counter everything. Good idea. Cant think of anything to recommend on changes but yeah, cool idea have you play tested this if so let me know :)

Back