• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dialga EX / Aegislash EX / Bronzong

CAR600000

Aspiring Trainer
I have a metal deck currently, this is my plan for post rotation let me know what you think.
Pokemon: 13
  • 1 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 1 Registeel
  • 2 Aegislash EX
  • 3 Dialga EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Steel Shelter
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Level Ball
Energy: 12
  • 4 DCE
  • 8 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Or replace 1 Ace trainer, 1 switch, and the escape rope for a 1-1-1 line of the new metagross that gives a free escape rope.

Let me know what I should change or replace and just tell me what you think. Thanks! :)

A couple of notes:

The Ancient Origins Metagross' seems to be a good card but a 1-1-1 line is not enough to guarantee you'd even be able to get it out. If you want to use it, I would suggest using it as one of your primary attackers and run several copies of it, as it can swap itself out as well and is strong enough to one shot 180 HP EXs with its attack.

The Registeel is interesting as well. You already have 3 Dialgas for countering EX Pokemon, and Heatran (which you haven't included) is also a basic steel that packs much more of a punch. I think it's best for you to experiment on your own when the new set comes out if Metagross/Registeel is worth it.

Some easy changes:
-1 Ace Trainer
+1 Prof Birch

This deck is slow to setup so chances are your opponent will get ahead of you first especially if they are using a faster deck like M-Ray.

-1 Steel Shelter

2 Steel Shelter is more than enough. It's not exactly an amazing game changing stadium most of the time; its primary use is simply negating the opponent's stadium.

-1 Xerosic
+1 Enhanced Hammer

Very similar card without being a supporter.

Of course you have plenty of room to play around with. I'd also consider subtracting a Dialga since 2 should suffice and consider removing Shaymin and adding more Birch since the bench space is already tight enough.

After reading your post I've decided to make these changes. They aren't final so let me know what is good and what isn't good.
-1 Ace Trainer
+1 Prof Birch
-1 Xerosic
+1 Enhanced Hammer
-Ace Trainer
-Switch
-Escape Rope
-Dialga-Ex
-Sycamore
-Steel shelter
+2-2-2 line of metagross

Back