Did You Know That...

bacon

!!!!!
In this thread, we post interesting facts about the world around us. I'll start.

- Owls cannot move their eyes.

- Bumble Bees always keep their hives at a temperature of 33-36 degrees Celsius.

- The most disgusting place on Earth is in Deer Cave, Borneo. (1:40 onwards)

I'm not sure how useful this thrred is. It's basically just a huge list of fun facts with no discussional value at all.

PMJ really states obvious stuff and is the most obvious person in the world, beating even Captain Obvious.

lol

- Hitler was a vegeterian.

PMJ said:
I'm not sure how useful this thrred is. It's basically just a huge list of fun facts with no discussional value at all.

I would argue that discussion is not a mandatory requirement for a thread to be allowed, as evidenced here, here and here. As for usefulness, it's a pretty ill defined term in this case but I think if people walk away from this thread having learned one simple fact, it's cool, right?

- Supposedly, for every hamburger eaten, 6.25 square meters of rain forest is destroyed.

- hitler was jewish (because his parent's where so he had no choice), had brown hair, and brown eyes.
- he had a spasm in his right hand which is why he always held his right hand behind his back, pointing his left hand up when greeting his nazi's.

- most actual console games are smaller then their files.

red blastoise said:
- hitler was jewish (because his parent's where so he had no choice)
Alois and Klara Hitler were both devout Catholics. This is a popular myth, but a false one.

red blastoise said:
- hitler was jewish (because his parent's where so he had no choice), had brown hair, and brown eyes.
- he had a spasm in his right hand which is why he always held his right hand behind his back, pointing his left hand up when greeting his nazi's.

- most actual console games are smaller then their files.
Alois and Klara Hitler were both devout Catholics. This is a popular myth, but a false one.

ah, more interesting Hittler facts.

ON the hitler thing, he had a Jewish grandmother on his father's side, but as Tom said his parents were religious catholics.

MORE FACTS

87% of all statistics were made up on the spot

Mr. I. M. Modest won the international modesty contest 12 times.

3000000000% of all statistics are exaggerated

6/4 of the world can't do fractions.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count and those who cant.

-3% of all statistics make no sense.

Bees couldn't fly until scientests decided they could.

I have a jujitsu grading in 30 minutes so wish me luck.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Fridge said:
ON the hitler thing, he had a Jewish grandmother on his father's side, but as Tom said his parents were religious catholics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Schicklgruber
I know someone who knows quite a lot about Nazis (weird guy, also knows a lot about and collects rocks... I have weird friends), and he once assured me that Hitler had no Jewish origins, despite what the rumours claim. I think he specifically mentioned his grandmother as well. Anyhow, there you have it, the wiki entry on his grandmother, so you can see for yourself.

The only reason the Hitler being a Jew myth even popped up was after he left home, he was homeless. He lived with a bunch of jews, and treated them kindly. And during the time he turned against the catholic church due to them always asking for money. I have spent hours upon hours studying up on hitler in the past.

Wow haha thank you spoon I feel enlightened :). As a person wanting to pursue history I need to go brush up on my stuff!

/me brushes up on his stuff.

Oh yeh lol and I'm back from my jujitsu grading :) Resutls next week :D

red blastoise said:
Okay, sorry.
mammaluigi said:
ah, more interesting Hittler facts.

Fridge said:

MORE FACTS

87% of all statistics were made up on the spot

Mr. I. M. Modest won the international modesty contest 12 times.

3000000000% of all statistics are exaggerated

6/4 of the world can't do fractions.

There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count and those who cant.

-3% of all statistics make no sense.

Bees couldn't fly until scientests decided they could.

I have a jujitsu grading in 30 minutes so wish me luck.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

mammaluigi said:
ROTFLOL XD

Although I previously defended this thread, it really makes me sad to see dumb posts like these here. :/

-Contrary to popular belief, the daddy long legs is not harmful at all to humans, even if its small teeth were able to pierce skin. This myth most likely originates from the fact that the daddy long legs is known to hunt other larger and more poisonous spiders. However, it only wins in a fight due to its body being so thin and lanky, so opposing spiders find it near impossible to defend by biting back.

Killer whales have been known to kill great White sharks. Proving they are the ultimate predator in water

~Did you know that the enormous 18.1 inch-in-diameter guns of the Japanese yamato-class battleship produced a muzzle blast so intense that it was damaging, and sometimes lethal at not necessarily point-blank proximity, to crewman standing unprotected on the deck. This lead to the anti-aircraft guns being shielded in thin steel plates simply to protect the gunners from the mammoth shockwaves produced by the main guns.

110% of PMJ's claims are true.

While bacon puts up an effort, he only 0.01% succeeds in defending himself.

I'll probably post real statistics later.

dmaster out.

Did you know that...

- No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
- An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!
- No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
- If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

Interesting! :D
WP

Back