Did You Know That...

-Many posts in this thread (about/nearly half) have been focused on Hitler, oranges, and killer whales.
-Without mucus ("Snot", in other terms) your stomach would digest even itself. Probably already posted by someone else.

-Only 36% of American citizens know the first 10 digits of pi. (3.14159265358979323846264338327950.....)

PMJ said:
I'm not sure how useful this thrred is. It's basically just a huge list of fun facts with no discussional value at all.

Hmm, I'm starting to really see this as truth now, especially seeing later posts. Maybe the Game Corner suits it better. ;p

dmaster out.

• Hitler never allows anyone to see him while he is naked or bathing. He refuses to use cologne or scents of any sort on his body
• No matter how warm he feels, Hitler will never take off his coat in public
• In 1923, Nazi press secretary Dr. Sedgwick tried to convince Hitler to get rid of his trademark mustache or grow it normally. Hitler answered: "Do not worry about my mustache. If it is not the fashion now, it will be later because I wear it!"
• While dining with the others, Hitler will allow the conversation to linger on general topics, but after a couple of hours he will inevitably begin one of his many monologues. These speeches are flawless from start to finish because he rehearses them any time he gets a moment.
• Hitler's favorite topics include: "When I was a soldier," "When I was in Vienna," "When I was in prison," and "When I was the leader in the early days of the party."
• If Hitler begins speaking about Wagner and the opera, no one dares interrupt him. He will often sermonize on this topic until his audience falls asleep.
• Hitler paces frequently inside rooms, always to the same tune that he whistles to himself and always diagonally across the room, from corner to corner

Porygon said:
• Hitler never allows anyone to see him while he is naked or bathing. He refuses to use cologne or scents of any sort on his body
• No matter how warm he feels, Hitler will never take off his coat in public
• In 1923, Nazi press secretary Dr. Sedgwick tried to convince Hitler to get rid of his trademark mustache or grow it normally. Hitler answered: "Do not worry about my mustache. If it is not the fashion now, it will be later because I wear it!"
• While dining with the others, Hitler will allow the conversation to linger on general topics, but after a couple of hours he will inevitably begin one of his many monologues. These speeches are flawless from start to finish because he rehearses them any time he gets a moment.
• Hitler's favorite topics include: "When I was a soldier," "When I was in Vienna," "When I was in prison," and "When I was the leader in the early days of the party."
• If Hitler begins speaking about Wagner and the opera, no one dares interrupt him. He will often sermonize on this topic until his audience falls asleep.
• Hitler paces frequently inside rooms, always to the same tune that he whistles to himself and always diagonally across the room, from corner to corner
Did you mean to put them all in the present tense, or was it a typo?

- Birds need gravity to be able to swallow.

ArceusShayminLovr said:
-Only 36% of American citizens know the first 10 digits of pi. (3.14159265358979323846264338327950.....)
Just wanted to say I am among the 36% who do know the first ten digits of pi.
Here's an interesting fact:
Dream is a semi-conscious state where we have absolutely no control over our thoughts and expressions (unless we master lucid dreaming).
source

Hydrophobia is the fear of water.
Aquaphobia is the fear of swimming.

DNA stands for Deoxyribonucleic acid.
One of the longest words in the English language is Pneumoultramicroscopicsupersilicovolcanocaisis. (I hope I spelt that right). It's a disease got when inhaling too much fine dust.
Another very long word is: Antidisastablishmentarianism which means when the Government overthrows the church. (Like what Henry the eighthof England did in the 1600s)

dmaster said:
110% of PMJ's claims are true.

While bacon puts up an effort, he only 0.01% succeeds in defending himself.

I'll probably post real statistics later.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Hmm, I'm starting to really see this as truth now, especially seeing later posts. Maybe the Game Corner suits it better. ;p

dmaster out.

I like how you seem to complain about this thread, and at the same time have made two posts that contributed absolutely nothing to the topic. And hey I think I suceeded 100%, nobody has debunked my argument and the thread is still here...

I do not believe in the pi fact. 36% is a large portion indeed, and I would be surprised if it were even 0.36%. 10% probably don't even know what pi is (factoring in the older generations). Where did you get this fact, and what kind of people was the data sourced from? (like, general public, purely college students, or...?)

- Despite having feet, Crobat has no footprint in the Pokedex.
- In France, it is ilegal to name your pig Napoleon.
- The recent earthquake in Chile has made the length of a day shorter by 1.26 millionths of a second.

Edit at below post:

Since when did I ever specify that I wanted false information or joke information in this thread? It's called fun facts for a reason. And I am not being rude in the slightest, I'm just stating why I think you are wrong- coming into my thread and making useless posts would be considered rude, however.

You don't have to be rude about it. Someone reported it. >__> And my first post was completely valid, showing you can post anything here, true or not, so consider it highly debunked.

Shanghai, China has about 4,000 skyscrapers, double the amount in NYC.

Our eyes are the same size as at birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

90% of NYC cab drivers are recent immigrants (almost a no-brainer)

dmaster out.

- As the largest known protein, titin also has the longest IUPAC name. The full chemical name, which starts methionyl... and ends ...isoleucine, contains 189,819 letters and is sometimes stated to be the longest word in the English language, or any language. However, professional dictionary writers regard generic names of chemical compounds as verbal formulae rather than English words

- Lopado temacho selacho galeo kranio leipsano drim hypo trimmato silphio parao melito katakechy meno kichl epi kossypho phatto perister­alektryon opte kephallio kigklo peleio lagoio siraio baphe tragano pterygon is a fictional dish mentioned in Aristophanes' comedy. Coined; not in dictionary; Ancient Greek transliteration; Longest word coined by a major author

- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

@ PhoenyxXx, We already had that one :/

-It is legal for an Englishman to kill a Welshman with a crossbow on the border between England and Wales.

I believe the pi fact for the sheer reason that knowing more than a handful of digits of pi is completely useless; its only purpose is to show off how 'smart' you are or if you require very exact numbers. Or, I suppose, if someone is pointing a gun to your head and demands that you belt out the digits of pi, but that seems rather unlikely.

- James Buchanan's most famous words were (was? No idea) "History will vindicate me." Needless to say if you know anything about American history...it didn't.

- Millard Fillmore's last words were "the nourishment is palatable." Maybe.

- Only one Whig president has been in office for more than a year (Millard Fillmore). Technically, there's two if you count Tyler, but he was kicked out of the party a short while after taking office.

- One of the other Whig presidents in office, William Henry Harrison, had the shortest term in US history (about thirty days). The other one, Zachary Taylor, is totally uninteresting.

Zenith said:
I believe the pi fact for the sheer reason that knowing more than a handful of digits of pi is completely useless; its only purpose is to show off how 'smart' you are or if you require very exact numbers. Or, I suppose, if someone is pointing a gun to your head and demands that you vault off the digits of pi, but that seems rather unlikely.
the difference between pi rounded up at the 4 decimal place and the actual number is the equivalent of 1 mm on a circle 100 meters or .03 inches on 109 yard circle.

omahanime said:
the difference between pi rounded up at the 4 decimal place and the actual number is the equivalent of 1 mm on a circle 100 meters or .03 inches on 109 yard circle.

Which can actually make a big difference. :-/

~In Florida, it is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

So don't start a karaoke party at a public pool if you live in Florida.

level100 said:
in texas it is illegal to take more than 3 sips of beer whilst standing

That sounds like a load of bull.

- in ohio it is illegal to hunt whales on sunday

^^ I always wondered where are you finding whales in ohio

Back