• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dragonectric (Dragonite EX / Virizion EX / M Manectric EX)

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• Dragonite EX x3
    Virizion EX x2
    Manectric EX x2
    M Manectric EX x2
    Snover x2 (FUF)
    Abomasnow x2 (FUF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Ace Spec: ???
    AZ x1
    Colress x1
    Evosoda x2
    Jamming Net x1
    Manectric Spirit Link x2
    Muscle Band x3
    N x4
    Pokemon Fan Club x1
    Professor's Letter x1
    Professor Sycamore x3
    Skyla x3
    Startling Megaphone x2
    Super Scoop Up x4
    Super Energy Retrieval x1
    Ultra Ball x3
    Xerosic x1
Energy:

• Grass Energyx10
    Lightning Energy x4

Strategy:
I will use the Dragonite EX for its ability, Bust In, and the Virizion EX for its ability and energy-accelerating attack. I will use Manectric and its mega form to OHKO FUF Pyroar and their helpfullness! Snover and Abomasnow use grass energy and exist in this deck only to OHKO Suicune and Sigilyph with a Muscle Band.

I chose to use two Manectric Spirit Links so I could evolve Manectric to its Mega evolution quicker than if I had just one. Two Robo Subs would help me set up as well as save some prize cards and the Jamming Net would help with Manectric's second attack!

Also, I think I have some free spaces, so if anyone can help me alter cards and fill the spaces, that'd be great!

RE: From Drakeon to Dragonectric - Need help with altering!

Bump. Altered it so it's a new beast set-up...

I think you should drop beartic and a few other stuff for a 2-2 line of something that can take out sigilyph and suicune in one hit. You have pyroar covered with MManetric. Just safeguard is your issue. Probably take out Dedenne as well. I think Abomasnow works wonders imo. 80 damage with muscle band can OHKO safeguard pokemon, pyroar, charizard ex, and landorus ex. Anything not knocked out with be confused, while you are safe because of virizion ex. It drastically changes match ups for my VirGen deck. And makes fire and fighting a pretty favorable match up once abomasnow comes out. if you tech in 1 of Mewtwo Ex you can have a counter for 2 of your bad match ups. Fighting and fire will not be an auto loss.

Thanks Ivy!

I've altered my list to fit the deck better. Can anyone tell me which Ace Spec is best for this deck?

Id advise Making your ACE SPEC : Scoop up Cyclone, Drop the Super Scoops for AZ (Since you dont want to rely on a flip), Drop the Abomasnow line for 2x of a colorless or Grass non ex basic attacker (Mega Manetric is a good Pyroar counter already), change Super Retrieval for Regular retrieval, adding 2 lysandres (cutting a fanclub and a grass) and adding another sycamore

Also Virizion Ex is PLB (plasma Blast)

Uncertain about the above response, but I edited my method, since I forgot to edit it when I altered my beast section.

I think Abomasnow makes the deck clunky. A basic that can 1 shot a safeguard poke would be a higher propriety. Tornadus (legendary treasures) is an interesting addition instead. The resistance to fighting is a plus too.

Adam Ryder said:
Pokemon:

• Dragonite EX x3 (FUF)
    Virizion EX x2 (PL-something)
    Manectric EX x2 (PHF)
    M Manectric EX x2 (PHF)
    Snover x2 (FUF)
    Abomasnow x2 (FUF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Ace Spec: ???
    AZ x1
    Colress x1
    Evosoda x2
    Jamming Net x1
    Manectric Spirit Link x2
    Muscle Band x3
    N x4
    Pokemon Fan Club x1
    Professor's Letter x1
    Professor Sycamore x3
    Skyla x3
    Startling Megaphone x2
    Super Scoop Up x4
    Super Energy Retrieval x1
    Ultra Ball x3
    Xerosic x1
Energy:

• Grass x10
    Electric x4

Strategy:
I will use the Dragonite EX for its ability, Bust In, and the Virizion EX for its ability and energy-accelerating attack. I will use Manectric and its mega form to OHKO FUF Pyroar and their helpfullness! Snover and Abomasnow use grass energy and exist in this deck only to OHKO Suicune and Sigilyph with a Muscle Band.

I chose to use two Manectric Spirit Links so I could evolve Manectric to its Mega evolution quicker than if I had just one. Two Robo Subs would help me set up as well as save some prize cards and the Jamming Net would help with Manectric's second attack!

Also, I think I have some free spaces, so if anyone can help me alter cards and fill the spaces, that'd be great!

Including the ace spec you have 61 cards

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Emolga outdoes Virizion here. A few reasons why:
- You have few Lightning energies that Virizion can't pick out for you, while Grass will be drawn easily.
- Free retreat so it can't be trapped and will be useful after any death.
- Virizion's ability isn't that useful with Dragonite because when you Bust In, the previous active will be cured of everything.
- Emolga lets Dragonite attack faster because it only needs one energy to accelerate you.

Scoop-Up Cyclone is the obvious choice for ACE. Scooping Dragonite is extremely strong. You should carefully test your amount of SSU/AZ so it gives you enough punch without clogging. It's hard to tell up front what line will work best.

Whereas Bust In does cure the active, it does not, however, prevent the usage of Hypnotoxic Laser, one of the most used cards in this format. I do think that Emolga EX is an interesting thing to try, but I think that running Virizion EX in Dragonite is still a good thing to do. But that's just me, and with the advent of Head Ringer, I do wonder about Virizion EX and its playability as a starter, should Head Ringer prove popular.

One thing that Virizion has that Emolga doesn't, however, is the ability to use Abomasnow as a Pyroar counter without having to run a separate Energy in Double Colorless Energy that Beartic would have to take.

Plus, Float Stone doesn't make like workers angry about their jobs being automated and throw a sabot into Beartic's works. And thus, "sabotage". It's an old Vulcan story.

I do agree on the usage of Scoop Up Cyclone for this, though I wonder if just running the usual Computer Search wouldn't be a good idea, considering the fact that you could search out Grass Energy.

I just want to throw out a crazy idea here. You attach very few energies from your hand. Never more than two. One variant that I thought was cool was mew with dimensional value. But another way this could be done is by using frozen city. four damage counters on your pokemon tops. The rest of the energy is either accelerated by mega manectric or virizion, and dragonite busts it in. Very little direct attaching. Coupled with head ringer for manectric attacks, it is powered up, becuase they have to attach even more. Any thoughts?

Back