Espeon From Dark Rush

alex

Miss the game
Pokebeach said:
Espeon – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Solar Miracle
As long as this Pokemon is in play, prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon's attacks done to any of your Pokemon with Energy attached to them.

[P][C][C] Psychic Report: 60 damage. Look at your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

What do you guys think about this? Will it be playable? Will it be used in almost every deck?

Effects= stuff like Status. A good example is Magby's or Chandelures attack. The effect is you get burned, or burned + confused in Chandy's case. I'm not sure if it stops something like Kyurem's Glaciate, but it would be awesome if it did. Base Damage has nothing to do with it.

I don't think you understand the text, Alex. Espeon's Ability refer to added effects, and works similarly to Promocroak G. Base damage still applies, so the Dragons and Magnezone run this over. Sorry, but Espeon isn't as good as it seems.

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this "ruling."

Yeah, as said above it stop's effects

It would be useful against VVV as you could never be paralyzed, or Cobalion wouldn't lock you from attacking
But it is catcher bait, and unless setup behind trainer lock would just get draged and ko'd, even behind catcher there is still snipe (and a big new electric dog that can sniper for 100)

I'm going to leave it open since some discussion can still come out of it. It's not unplayable, so the thread can just be used to discuss the card's uses and such. For example, it would probably be used in Gothitelle.

I agree. Cobalion is becoming a decent card in my area, so this card works wonders with my Gothilock deck. It basically should be used against decks such as Cobalion or anything to do with annoying status effects.

As soon as I saw this (and Heatmor), I thought, Nintendo is sending counter cards! This will bring us counters against Cobalion and Vanilluxe, and Heatmor makes Durant unplayable, Nintendo is slowly releasing counters to the format. I'll be honest, I was starting to lose interest in the TCG, because of the format. I honestly hate the format now; it's not much better than the MD – CL format. While I'll admit that there is more variety now, I don't think I'll be able to say the same once Next Destinies comes out. With Mewtwo EX, I don't think that the format is going anywhere. Especially with Gardevoir, DarMAXitan, and others. However, as soon as I saw the Dark Rush cards, this stimulated my love of the TCG, and reminded me why I love this game.

I got a bit off topic, but basically, I singled out Espeon too as soon as I saw the set. I definitely think that it has potential; it's that counter to CaKE and VVV (among others) that we've been looking for. I am so exited for May in America, I believe that we maybe will get a better format. Sure, Espeon alone isn't going to change anything, I don't expect one card to single-handedly fix the entire format, but I do believe that it is a step in the right direction by Nintendo, and a symbol of greater things to come.

*sigh*, I should really stop posting at nine at night, my posts go all over the place. So, for the third time, I do think that Espeon has playability in decks that have trouble against CaKE and VVV.

Arceus, do I love the name CaKE…

EDIT: Woah, last time I checked in, I had nine-hundered something posts, and now I have 242 over 1,000? I don't know what my 1,000th post was… T.T

But, it's the effect of an attack right? My reasoning is that it stops everything but base damage, so you would essentially ignore the text. I'd like to get some other opinions on this. Thanks

I am amazed some people are having trouble grasping what this card does. Did that few people play back when we had Unown G?

Celebi23 said:
I am amazed some people are having trouble grasping what this card does. Did that few people play back when we had Unown G?

^ This. Quite a bit.

I'm personally looking forward to this card being released, it has a lot of potential, and will probably be a relatively common tech. I am glad that they are starting to print cards that counter the ridiculous locks that we are seeing nowadays, unbreakable Paralysis? Really? I would have loved to see a Warp Energy reprint though, but I think this is still pretty good. No more using Unown CURE for me.

So, what would be the answer to my question? Sorry, but I have a good deck idea, but I need to know if espeon would block sniping. And, I did play when we had unown G, but I didn't play it. (I was a n00b back then. I am still arguably one, but I am I lot better.)

Unown G didn't stop Garchomp C Lv.X, Espeon doesn't stop Blastoise. It is technically damage, not an effect.

The 100 damage is considered the base damage of Blastoise's attack, I believe. You don't disregard all text, any attack which makes you flip for more "base damage" also takes place.

Back