• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Evil Toad (Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX)

Moist Socks

Youngster Joey
Pokemon: 12

• 4 Seismitoad EX
    2 Yveltal EX
    1 Yveltal (XY)
    1 Darkrai EX
    2 Trubbish (LTR)
    2 Garbodor (LTR)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37

• 4 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    2 VS Seeker
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Switch
    2 Bicycle
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Virbank City Gym
    1 Computer Search
    4 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    4 Professor Sycamore
    1 Professor Birch's Observations
Energy: 11

• 7 Darkness Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

Slow the opponent down with Quaking punch to set up Yveltal EX. If the opponent uses abilities, use Garbodor's Garbotoxin ability to prevent it while Quaking punch prevents startling megaphone. If the opponent doesn't use abilities, use Darkrai's Dark cloak ability to have free retreat. Head ringers and quaking punch go well together to really slow down EX pokemon. Yveltal for powering up other benched pokemon/ recycling energy. Was considering adding a 1-1 Leafeon line (uses 1 colorless energy) for all the Seismitoad EX or any deck that has lots of energy on the field (Aromatisse and Yveltal EX for example) that are popular nowadays. Quaking punch hits Landorus EX and Donphan for weakness while preventing Robo Substitutes. The one 1 Professor Birch's Observations is for easy draw support while drawing on average 0.5 more cards than Shauna. Would love to hear what you guys think.

RE: Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX (Evil Toad)

I too run a similar deck, but my Poké lineup is slightly different: I run 1 less Toad and 1 more Yveltal and Yveltal EX. I've also found that 2 Switch works well in trying to get that first Toad into the active position more often. Since a lot of players run Toad decks, I prefer to run 1 Pokémon Fan Club (in place of a 3rd U Ball).

Your comment regarding Leafeon (PLF) is interesting. I have definitely found it quite useful in another deck when playing against Toads. Plus, my local card shop has started acquiring more Leafeons too; so, I'm expecting to see this Poké more in decks. It's a solid counter to a number of different Poké right now.

RE: Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX (Evil Toad)

TuxedoBlack said:
I too run a similar deck, but my Poké lineup is slightly different: I run 1 less Toad and 1 more Yveltal and Yveltal EX. I've also found that 2 Switch works well in trying to get that first Toad into the active position more often. Since a lot of players run Toad decks, I prefer to run 1 Pokémon Fan Club (in place of a 3rd U Ball).

Your comment regarding Leafeon (PLF) is interesting. I have definitely found it quite useful in another deck when playing against Toads. Plus, my local card shop has started acquiring more Leafeons too; so, I'm expecting to see this Poké more in decks. It's a solid counter to a number of different Poké right now.

Thanks for the input! I'm strongly considering adding the 1-1 leafeon line to replace the prof. birch + 1 darkness energy but I have to see if it's worth the slight drop in consistency.

Back