Ruling Fainting Spell

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Now that I'm not a Rules Master, I don't feel weird asking questions here anymore. My question is fairly simple and entirely theoretical; if I use Spinning Turn on a Baltoy, knocking out an opposing Gengar, and switch it for a Glaceon LV. X will Fainting Spell activate? My guess is it won't because you finish the effects of attacks before the KOs happen, but I'm only about 75% sure and I just wanted a definite answer. Thanks in advance.

I'd say you're right because of the same ruling (or just about so) that was given about Uxie LA and Fainting Spell.

Q. What happens if I Knock Out my opponent's Gengar using some kind of hit & run attack, but I bring up Glaceon Lv.X with the "Chilly Breath" Poke-BODY that shuts down Poke-Powers?
A. The Chilly Breath would shut off Gengar's Fainting Spell before it would have a chance to be used. (Jan 15, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Yeah, you have to apply all affects of an attack or Poke-Power/Body before checking for a knockout, so Fainting Spell fails.

Sweet! Now I am gunna make a Baltoy/Glaceon deck! Lol jk, is it technically the same deal if an attack does like 30 damage, but it inflicts poison, so they take the poison damage after and die?

If Gengar faints by poison, it is not knocked out by damage from an attack. Therefore, Fainting Spell will not be activated.

Back