Writing Fan-Fiction approval system?

~Magma King~

Nettle Carrier
After reading the Clan Approval System, I thought it'd be way awesome and all if there could be something like this for Fan-Fics. I mean, no offense to the authors, but loads of newer storys either begin in exactly the same way(Same story as Ash in the anime), or have a prologue of not much more than 5 lines. Then, the makers leave the fic to die, and sometimes even make another one :/...

I guess I've explained my point :p. Sure there's the English 101 and Advice for Future Authors, but nobody seems to read them, sadly. Would this help? If not, there could at least be some mod to lock bad fics and warn the owners?

My opinion: No. It wouldn't work like that. Writing doesn't usally have spam or otherwise. When it does, mods take care of it. It would be unfair to make a set of rules telling you how long your story should be.

Here's a test play of the application :
Test Play said:
Name of story:
How long will it be?:

What is it about?:

Did you read the Writing Corner's rules?

Will it be popular?:

[INSERT MORE QUESTIONS HERE.]

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Magma King is right about one thing. People just don't really read the Advise for Future Authors thread. People these days don't want to read 8 pages. 8 pages is not that long people!
P_A

I've read it. It was good. ||
If they don't read it; it hurts them more than us. People will read it when it comes time to make their story.

Not like that. I mean, post a writing sample/chapter from it before it gets approved. That way people can tell if it's any good.

The Writing Corner was made for people to share their ideas of stories. This is discriminating. Telling some people that they can't write their stories? Saying it's not approved? I understand this for the clans and clubs forums, but for the Writing Corner? No, this was made for people to be able to get advice and comments. If its bad, the readers will help you edit it. Telling people they can't post it is exactly like discriminating. Discriminating against people who can't write well and don't have good grammar. This idea will not work, sadly.

This isn't needed at all.....sometimes people just dont have the interest to finish a fanfic but that still dosent mean it shouldn't or doesn't deserve to be posted. I dont see many spammy fanfics, and the ones I do are usually overrun with Staff Members enjoying themselves with randomness.

-Black Rayquaza

At this point not a lot of writers are not very expierenced, and this ameteur writing is very good to help improve. Even if it is not very creative at first. In my honest opinion, it's simply not neccesary as it is for the Clan system.

We just need more members who are willing to give constructive criticism. I don't hate bad fan-fics, I hate the people who say they're awesome when obviously it isn't. You're not helping someone when you say their 10-lines/chapter story full of grammatical mistakes which tells the story of Ash and Misty, who fall in love and battle random trainers is elaborate, interesting, original and well-written.

Want to help? Give some more constructive criticism, it'll probably help more.
Or, you know, keep the actually good fan-fics active to set an example.

Back