Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010 - Spain Are The Champions!

dragon9

Top 16 VGC Nationals
Hello! I know this forum is mainly filled up by members from the US, but I'm sure there are some of you who follow "soccer". Starting on the 11th June 2010, the biggest global sporting event begins (Don't mention the Olympics :p).

In this thread you can discuss anything to do with this great event.

Be sure to sign up to the Official Fifa World Cup - Fantasy League.

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/home.mc

Even if you don't like football/soccer, still sign up for the Fantasy League. It's only a bit of fun. I've setup a PokéBeach league for PokéBeach members :p.

Will you finish top of the PokéBeach league?

Once you have signed up, simply enter the League Code below into this link:

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/M/myleagues.mc?view=cj

League Code: 401329-95026

Congratulations to Spain for winning the World Cup!

RE: Fifa World Cup - South Africa 2010

This is like the only sporting event i ever watch. I'm rooting for France, even though they don't have Zidane anymore...

France lost to China, although I still consider them a top contender to win the World Cup.

Meaty said:
This is like the only sporting event i ever watch. I'm rooting for France, even though they don't have Zidane anymore...

So you wouldnt support USA? lol. I guess i wouldnt support a team that would get knocked out first round :p

kashmaster said:
So you wouldnt support USA? lol. I guess i wouldnt support a team that would get knocked out first round :p

You can't support USA, they suck at Soccer and the American team is a disgrace to our nation lol. It's just not their game, that's all.

Rooting for Germany, my secondary home-team and beast soccer team. They've won a ton of the world cups.

^ haha so true xD. Im rooting for England, very good team, my home country and winners of 2010 world cup :p.
I am quite annoyed by fabio's decision to cut walcott. I think the team lacks that speed that will break through defenders. However I agree that he doesnt have a football's brain. He still has a lot of potential and can surprise you.

The real reason is because I was born in France and moved to the US when I was 8. I'll root for my home country rather thn the one I now live in, especially since France has actually won before and made th finals last year. of course losing Zidane was a heavy blow...

Yeah, the majority of US doesn't even watch Soccer so of course we suck xD Which team is that Ronaldo guy on? I think that guy is EXTREMELY hot /drools

^ He plays for Portugal.

Is soccer big in the US or is it a small sport?

We'll never embrace soccer, no matter how hard we try. Even if we had a team full of superstars like Ronaldo, Beckham and others.

Soccer is just not a sport we're comfortable with.

kashmaster said:
^ He plays for Portugal.

Is soccer big in the US or is it a small sport?

Alot of people play it from grade school-highschool but then give it up. It's not nearly as big as it is anywhere else in the world. Basketball, Baseball and American Football are all way bigger here. And then Rugby doesn't even exist here 0_0

I can't wait for the world cup to start its going to be awesome to watch. I am a HUGE fan of soccer and can't wait to actually watch it. IMO England Vs. USA will be the best match to watch.

I'm going for Germany. I love them, and USA is my second pick...(They won't win...)

I'm going for England, USA, and Brazil.

Ice Arceus said:
I can't wait for the world cup to start its going to be awesome to watch. I am a HUGE fan of soccer and can't wait to actually watch it. IMO England Vs. USA will be the best match to watch.
Your having a laugh, England will demolish USA lol. The best group game will be Brazil v Portugal. I would have maybe said Ivory Coast, but with Drogba injured it's pretty much over for them.

I was a bit surprised with Capello's decision to drop Walcott, but I don't disagree. We should have taken Agbonlahor/Zamora over Heskey, but Heskey does do a good job in holding up the ball. Ashley Young should be in South Africa as his pace combined with his great crossing ability is great.

Pandamore said:
Yeah, the majority of US doesn't even watch Soccer so of course we suck xD Which team is that Ronaldo guy on? I think that guy is EXTREMELY hot /drools

Which Ronaldo? There's the Brazilian and The Portuge...sian

Anyways I'm supporting Brazil as usual.

The Brazillian Ronaldo shouldn't even be considered :p. He's not even in the Brazillian squad.

Cristiano Ronaldo is the one Pandamore is talking about lol

Glory hunters! Should be supporting your country!

fortegoddx said:
I'm going for Germany. I love them, and USA is my second pick...(They won't win...)
To bad Germany is going to lose their first game to Australia.

Go Portugal even though I don't pay attention to soccer. :)

Back