Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Talonflame is too powerful! Gale Wings give priority to Brave Bird! Maybe the best flying type attack ever! Adamant nature to hit harder because no more speed is needed at all. Flare Blitz is Talonflame's strongest fire type move. Sitrus Berry is because of the main attack have some serious recoil. Bulk Up is great, making him both bulkier and stronger. U-turn is there to let Talonflame switch in most propably Lucario and with some luck get hit by a dark type attack.

tumblr_mmn0b3hWSZ1rs46sqo1_500.gif

Azelf @ Razor Fang
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Azelf is a great pokemon and a great sweeper. Razor Fang give a flinch chance and Nasty Plot is awesome for blasting its STAB, Psychic, Shadow Balls on common ghost types like Gengar, or other psychic types, and finally Thunderbolt, which is my choice for a coverage attack against many common threats like Gyarados or Talonflame. Timid nature is of course for MAX Speed once again.

tumblr_n85a4o9B8d1rsrk2xo3_500.gif

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified - Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Lucario's Mega Evolution is tremendous! The stats and movepool spell out an amazing sweeper. Actually, I just wanted to use Lucario and that's why I created this team in the first place. Its amazing ability Adaptability along with STAB makes even Bullet Punch a super powerful steel type attack with Priority! Jolly nature for MAX Speed and Close Combat, the most powerfull attack Lucario can learn and perform in this set. Earthquake is for coverage and also works great aside Talonflame's flying type or Azelf's Levitate ability. I really wanted to use Bone Rush but Earthquake is more reliable in both power and accurassy. He is also the best counter against the beast called Mega Kangshkan!

tumblr_n4bzbtcKHy1tot49lo1_500.gif

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

This shark is a serious powerhouse and I don't know why at least his Mega isn't OU at all. Speed Boost, one of the best abilities ever gives him free speed along with Protect in he first turn. Then, Life Orb and adamant nature with 120 Base Attack stat can unleash the true power of a single Waterfall a great STAB, Ice Fang wich offers coverage and Crunch, the second STAB with defence lower chance!

tumblr_m5u37ac6bw1qczibyo1_500.gif

Scolipede (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Scolipede, should have been a Uber and although his Baton Pass set is awesome I wanted to try this out! Speed Boost with Swords Dance is even more than a DD with no risk because of Focus Sash. Adamant STAB attack Poison Jab with poison chance and X-Scissor offer amazing sweep chances as they are both reliable and accurate. Rock Slide hits both foes and OHKOs Talonflame and other threats.

tumblr_mnbfz9az8o1qau6z9o1_r1_500.gif

Lilligant @ Razor Claw
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball / Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Sleep Powder

Liligant is so underestimated! Her stats along with Quiver Dance are an awsome combination! Energy Ball is more powerful while Giga Drain drains HP. What do you think? Hidden Power Rock handles all of Liligant's weaknesses except for poison. Sleep Powder to shut down some powerful threats and finish them off. Razor Claw is a filter Item because this way Critical Hits land easier and it's the best 6th item I can find for a team like this.

So, what do you guys think??? I'd appreciate any help and advice! Thanx!

Before going into the main part of my post, I must ask you "How many battles have you done with this team either through Battle Spot or Showdown?" To me, it really looks like you just threw 6 Pokemon together rather than come up with an actual strategy. Some of the Pokemon on your team are very questionable if you want to be the best.

You have way too many set-up sweepers. In doubles, it is hard to get away with set-up sweepers unless you have a Pokemon with Follow Me / Rage Powder because of double targetting. Expect whatever is most threatening on your field at the time to be hit with two attacks. Several of your Pokemon don't have Protect either and you don't have Assault Vest which would require a Pokemon to not run Protect.

In my analysis of the team, Tailwind teams will have a large advantage against your team because many of your Pokemon aren't very bulky and you don't seem to have a way to prevent Tailwind from happening. You'll also need to play very carefully against Trick Room teams because if Trick Room goes up, most of your Pokemon are going last. This means you have to go on the offensive immediately and hope you can get the KO since you don't have a Pokemon with Taunt. You don't seem to have an effective way to deal with Thundurus. Remember that it has priority Thunder Wave so don't plan on outspeeding it. Rotom-W also seems to be a Pokemon you aren't able to handle well. Some run Thunder Wave while others run Will-O-Wisp and it is quite bulky. Terrakion is only able to be checked by Lucario. Sharpedo can only conditionally check it because if Terrakion has Choice Scarf which it easily could, Sharpedo isn't able to deal with it.

Talonflame: You aren't running Choice Band so you have no good reason to not use Tailwind. Tailwind is a primary reason to include Talonflame on your team since it is faster than many prankster taunt users, even with little investment in speed. U-turn isn't a move you use on Talonflame because it is too weak and it goes against your strategy of using Bulk Up. Being that you are running Adamant nature, you will be unable to move faster than max speed Thundurus. I really feel you could drop your speed evs by 72 which puts you at 169 Speed since almost every target that you can outpace above that threshold you would use Brave Bird anyway. This lets you invest those EVs in Defense which supports your Bulk Up. I'd also recommend Charti Berry instead of Sitrus Berry because Rock Attacks can still be very problematic, especially without having a Bulk Up active.

Azelf: The first thing to change on Azelf is its item. Items that rely on chance are never a good thing. It will fail you when you need it most. Expert Belt is an item I would recommend because it'll give you a damage boost when you can hit supereffectively. Azelf really needs to have Protect over Nasty Plot because it will be a target of attacks and possibly get Fake Out + hit by something strong to get KO'd.

Lucario: You'll want to replace either Swords Dance or Earthquake with Protect. I'd say Swords Dance because that is my preferred play style. You may optionally choose to replace the other with Ice Punch because you do not have a great answer to Salamence. Landorus-T may also be problematic for your team being that Sharpedo is your only teammate that can reliably get rid of it regardless of set.

Sharpedo: Not that it matters a lot, but putting the 4 EVs in Def or SDef would be more logical because of Life Orb giving you recoil.

Back